• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with match ups?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
This thread is right on the money (here) and I would like to see us do the same.
In case people are to LAZY to read what Rookie said I will go ahead and say it.

This thread is to help Sheiks get better with certain match ups. ie I need help with Oli, G&W, D3, maybe Falco, MK and Marth.
I have trouble with those match ups some times and I need to improve.

What the other members are supposed to do is post your alts (if you wish to help) and wait for someone to post asking for help on a match up that you alt. Then way play E-Harmony and give the helpee a helper.

saviorslegacy: Fox, Marth, Pit, Falco, CF, Lucario, Pikachu, Peach, Donkey Kong and Wolf
(I mainly use Marth and Fox as an alt though.)

Stealth3654: Zelda, Marth, Ness and Pikachu

Lazee: wario, marth, mk, falco and diddy

Crossjeremiah: marth, fox, and kirby

SamusBrawler: Peach, Zelda and Jiggilypuff

UnKnOwN: Pit, ROB, G&W, Metaknight and Jigglypuff

So who else is willing to help?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
It only took 10 tries for you to make a useful thread. XD

Seriously, this could actually be really helpful since it seems the majority of us sheiks don't get a lot of exposure to different matchups.

I can seriously play:
DDD (I don't practice/play him..... but do you really need to?)
Zelda (I'm learning)

I can sorta play:
Falco (tier whoring purposes only)
Bowser
Marth

Oh wait... I don't have wifi yet. But I may soon! Thinking about it.... I really only play DDD well.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can't play Wifi for **** and I can't really say I've learned that much from it, other than improving my ability to read people because it's all I can do when reaction time doesn't mean anything.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I agree with ankoku. Brawl online is like a completely different game some times. You have to guess a second into the future. I don't think brawline is a very good way to learn about a match up, but It's better than nothing. Still the best way is getting out there into your community. Make your own comunity if you have to.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Wifi is a good way to practice predicting your opponent and developing good DI.

My alts are:
Zelda
Marth
Ness
Pikachu

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
What's the general strategy versus Diddy? There's a pretty **** one in Washington.

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
I alt wario marth mk falco and diddy if any1 needs help with those

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh I want to help :)
I recently picked up Sheik along side Zelda as my secondary.

I main Peach, and I also secondary Jiggz

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
if anyone needs help with sheik . i can train em through skype. even though its wifi.
i have all the basic sheik tactics down. even ones you guys don't know... or at least don't use.

psike

Smash Apprentice
What's the general strategy versus Diddy? There's a pretty **** one in Washington.
When he is on the ground, keep your spacing. Most Diddy's will rely on bananas to approach. Jump over the nanas, or just stay out of range. Don't ftilt for too long or you will get punished with his fair. Instead, get a couple of tilts and then jab or dsmash. If he is going for a banana and you are close, pick it up with a dash attack. Needle him as much as possible to try to force his approach. The chain should take care of his stutter stepped fsmash as long as you are slightly out of his range. By all means get him off stage.

When he is recovering, use your aerial needles to kill his UpB attempts. It should only take 1 to get him below stage, and then you just need to ledge hog. Your aerials should be able to gimp effectively, but just don't ever get below him. You'll want to stay between him and the stage, preferrably slightly above him.

You'll want to simply keep some space with your bair and needles the whole time. If you can get his bananas and hit him with one from the air, if you can reliably DACUS on the landing, you can usually get it pretty well.

Also, the chain can **** his recovery pretty well sometimes, so figure out what works for you. If you want some friendlies online Diddy is my other main.

iLight

Smash Lord
i'll help. I'll post my alternates, also I will post all the match-up's that I have taken time to specifically learn in order to improve in tournaments already, making me decently knowledgeable about them.

Alternates:
Pit
ROB
G&W
Metaknight
Jigglypuff

I am also knowledgeable in match ups against these characters:
D3,Wario,Snake,Falco,Peach,Olimar,Diddy Kong,Marth,Lucas,Ness,Pikachu,Yoshi, ZSS,
Samus, Luigi,Ike,Fox,Ic's,Kirby,Link,Mario,Wolf,Sonic

again, i have spent in some case's an excessive amount of time on the match up in order to prepare for tournies with sheik.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Before I add you Light I just have one question. "Are you able to play online?" Last time we Brawled we had to do it at CP stages cuz your Wii has hacks.

Top Bottom