• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need advice

N64

Smash Champion
First off, your wavedashes are looong. neato.

There are a couple things i'd work on though. At least at the beginning of the match, you seemed to be patient and observant a lot of the time when you wouldn't need to. You would stand there and wait for ganon to do something and then try to approach afterwards. Pika doesn't really have the tools to be intimidating while standing still (unless they're recovering i guess), so it seems to be like all you're doing is allowing him to collect himself and space himself well. Your pika is very mobile otherwise, and I think it would be good to try to keep that going throughout the match, so the opponent has difficulty correctly spacing himself.

Your punish game on ganon was pretty decent, or at least seemed to improve throughout the match. A few times you seemed to just stop and wait for him to escape though. As pika you can't let ganon go once you start on him, and the only hesitation should be when you know he can avoid anything you have, in which case you should try to bait something (if possible) and rush in again after.

Also work on controlling your upB. UpBing to the ledge is often much safer than to the stage as long as they aren't edgehogging you before the upB

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
nice moonwalk at 2:45

I agree with n64, and I'm sure if zig comes in here, he'll agree as well that you need to learn to control your up b. zig is an up b nazi, he will most likely tell you to practice your up b to the ledge 100 times. man, zig showed me himself doing that like 10 times with his eyes closed, so dumb.

Your thunder cancleing threw me off, and apearrently that gannon as well, but I think as you play more, you'll use more conventional edgegaurds. but axe or chad or someone might disagree and say thunder cancleing is the **** with edgeguarding, idk someone else should give their opinion.

and I didn't really expect someone with 16 posts to have as much ATs down as you did, like good **** and stuff. Hope I've helped you

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Thanks everyone! I know, I wiff'd that up b! I'm normally good at it, just that one time >.<

I'll keep trying. :)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
ROMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Against Ganon, if you land a shffl nair, do a rising uair IMMEDIATELY. It's like... guaranteed.

I like doing

nair>rising SH nair>DJ FF dair

But that's cuz I'm not a crazy pika main with 3000 hit combos.

I stopped watching the vid cuz I'm hungry. If you're srsly about getting your Pika good, tho, I'll start giving advice on him when we play.

Oh, and Tim loooooooves trying to shield grab, cuz of Barwl. So what you should do vs him when you get him to shield is

xup nair (land behind him), then either rising uair (keep your back to him, so it hits immediately, leads to combos if he tries to shieldgrab), grab him!!!!, ooooor, wait outside his shield while facing him. If you see him jump, usmash (or duck, if you think he's gonna bair OoS, THEN usmash/utilt, depending on %). If he rolls, chase him with SHFFLing. Pika's shffl goes like... the perfect distance for hunting Ganon's rolls down.

Oh, and if he sidesteps, do whatever. I do dsmash cuz it's easy, buuuuut they can CC it maybeidunno?

AXE 09

Smash Master
1st thing i gotta say...

LMAO at the thunder edgeguards hahaha!

lol ok, aside from that...

i'm really impressed by your pika. you're pretty good =) here's a few recommendations

first, i saw quite a few missed L-cancels. just make sure to practice your shffling often. it's really important to L-cancel every single ariel that you do.

another thing i noticed was that... many times, after you finish an attack, you seem to not move immediately. basically, you're able to do another command sooner than you think you're able to. i saw you do a shffl, and after you landed, you just stood there. it takes quite a bit of experience, but eventually, you gotta learn how early you're able to move after every attack. sometimes you can continue a combo when others might think that you weren't able to move as early as you could

third: just remember that you have the options of Uair out of shield, or waveshielding. don't be afraid to use your shield. that doesn't mean you should use your shield all the time either, you just have to learn when it's appropiate to use it. waveshielding is a very important technique for every character (except yoshi), so be sure to get it down. if they hit your shield from behind, Uair out of shield is amazing. just remember that

overall, just gotta say... i'm impressed :) please keep playing pikachu, i like your playstyle lol

Top Bottom