• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nebraska melee PR! JBM's Gas Money Donation bimonthlies! January 8th or 9th!

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Haha yes it is. I don't have any exams that week either, so I'm just going to attend my lectures with a mixed drink.

Haha any of you donks coming up that weekend?

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Ugh make sure you don't go to any of the concerts for VEISHEA

Cartel? Really?

If I wanted to shove **** in my ears I'd go to church

BOLT08

Smash Lord
lol very true

that and its dumb that they're doing the wristband thing again.

Kills the point of the concert, its for EVERYONE not just ISU students...

BOLT08

Smash Lord
You're stupid. GOOD concerts are awesome. All the "hardcore" crowd ruined concerts cause they can reproduce the same mediocre sound every week they can hold "concerts" everywhere around the USA every week. Cause it's so easy to do.

****in emos.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
yo check the title tourney is happening april 18th.

Also rankings need to be updated.

please post your list in order from best to worst top 10.

Dekline42

Smash Ace
I guess mine would be...

1-JBM
2-Echo
3-Smeesh
4-Tyser
5-Secks
6-Big Burn
7-Dekline
8-Yosh
9-Ian
10-Majik

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
my list

1.JBM
2.Mr. Boston (echo)
3.Jiano (smeesh)
4.KoreanDJ (tyser)
5.Chillendude (ben)
6.Big Burn (murn)
7.Baby Face(ian)
8.Jim Carey(dekline)
9.Master Roshi(uli)
10.Tony Ganza(Majik)

1 person who i wasn't sure about was Mo, the dude never plays his best char anymore for what reasons i don't know. Therefore, i don't put him on my list.

Uli

Smash Champion
yay more drama!!

1: JBM
2: Echo
3: Smeesh
4: tyser
5: ben
6: bigburn
7: yosh
8: mo
9: david
10: dekl

i guess??!?

EBF

Smash Cadet
No offense to people in advance. Just Tyser's opinion so no one cares as usual.

1. Jerry Murphy
2. Devon Dillon
3. Mike Zuerlein
4. Tyser Lyfoung
5. Ben Melendez
6. Matthew Murnan
7. Mo Nuwwarah
8. Tony Black
9. Andrew Sharp
10. John Garcia

Reasons for choosing such a list:

JBM - Beats everyone in NE/IA on a regular basis. Nothing more needs to be said.

Smeesh - Places well in our monthlies and is noticeably more superior than everyone who isnt JBM and Echo.

Echo - Havent seen him play seriously in a while so I cant really say he is better than Smeesh or JBM. A lot more superior than everyone who isnt JBM and Smeesh though.

Basically, Smeesh and Echo are tied in my mind but I put Smeesh above because he's a more active Smash player.

Tyser - Everyone has chosen me for 4th spot so Im not going to say anything.

Secks. - A candidate for 4th spot, honestly. He's a lot more well rounded than I am. I think he's only in 5th spot because he loses to me on the regular.

4th/5th spot could be either of us. People gotta look beyond the Tyser vs. Secks. matchup. Just a thought.

Big Burn - Havent seen or played with Murn in a long time but he's probably still as good as he was before. Loses to everyone above him at tournaments regularly so this spot seems fit.

Mo - I honestly dont really know where to put Mo. I play with him a little at Smashfests and I watched him play with people. Still has those mindgames but he's kind of rusty and inconsistent compared to everyone above him.

Majik - Progressing pretty quick. Has been beating a lot of people at Smashfests and is placing better at tournaments. Repeated habits is what is keeping him here IMO.

Dekline - Struggles constantly in many matchups. Repeated habits and plays too obviously. Technical skill keeps him in the Top 10.

Yosh - Havent seen him play recently. He's here because I dont know his current status and everyone in Nebraska has progressed a lot in the past month.

My judgement on Mo, Majik, Dekline and Yosh is based off of performances against me basically. Bad way of ranking but I cant base anything off of them fairly because I wouldnt know where to place them otherwise. All are definately in the bottom 4 though.

David could also be on this list for all I know. He's getting better faster out of everyone in Nebraska at the moment. If he were here, he'd be somewhere between 6-10.

About the ranking. The first page says that it's going to be based off of my system which a lot of people arent happy about (or at least certain persons). I think if we have at least half of our community judge the ranking that should be legit enough to confirm a true/almost true ranking. Just a thought. Not everyone can make it to tournaments and for those who dont go to tournaments it seems a touch unfair. Just my input.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
My rankings?

1. Me

everyone else is just way down there. Why you may ask have i choosen this? Am I mentally ********? Or maybe I really do just think I'm that unlucky.

The answer is simple my friends, I'm funkin awesome.

Anyways, I won't be at this donk tourney, that's veishea weekend.

Why is my name red?

EBF

Smash Cadet
If anyone cares, here are Tyser's Ranking.
Note: Go cry on someone elses shoulder if you get mad please.

Stark - JBM
Barragan - Smeesh
Halibel - Tyser
Ulquiorra - Secks.
Noitora - Dekline
Grimmjow - Yosh
Zomari - Big Burn
Aporro - Echo
Aaroniero - Uli
Yami - Ian

I bet Yulai is gonna be happy lolz.

I thought it'd be more fun to put the ranking in a semi nerd fashion.

Secks.

Smash Ace
This is my list over the course of this past weekend. And this is how I rank Nebraska right now. This list will change after next tourny or next time imho I am able to play the majority of the community. I base this off overall skill, being able to play chars, solo and teams ability.

1. Smeesh
2. JBM
3. Echo
4. Mo
5. Tyser
6. Secks.
7. Murn
8. Yosh
9. Uli
10. David

Honorable mention Dekline: Slightly getting edged out by David. He gave me a much tougher time than you did at the tourny. Even though you did beat me this past time around I will not discredit your win. Keep it up and you still have a long way to go trust me. I can see you peaking or plateauing here sometime soon.
Mexi- wana play MK vs DC? Mah?

1. Smeesh- I have never seen him play so well in my entire life. He seussed the **** out of JBM and almost knocked him out twice. The second set was gimick and after watching the sets live I'm giving it to Devon even though JBM did win. Now Devon just has to prove himself and play the same like he did this past tourny.

2. JBM- Well hes a nerd and he did win. You have to **** on Devon again hard to have you in my mind as a better player. You were ahead of him in the past. Right now Devon is on pace of being a monster edges you out slightly. Hes shown a much bigger improvement out of anyone. Thats why he gets 1st.

3. Echo- Easily was the best player for a long time. The most consistent smasher I have played with. Extremely well rounded and all around nerd.... He gets the slot.

4. Mo- Considering I just finished playing in a tourny creeping Mo's and nerding games he deserves 4th. Even with all his rust hes so good at the game that he really doesn't need to consistently play. Hes already at a level that we are just hitting and people might not agree with me, but Mo is really good and thinks almost three steps ahead of all of his opponents.

5. Tyser- You slumped Devon without your main for a good portion of the set. Good **** I'll give you that. You need to venture off and play more characters because if you don't you will be hitting a plateau. You hit it then you started playing fox. So your on the right track

6. Me- Well my style of falco is unique thats all I gotta say. It works for most chars but not all of them so I'll just have to start playing everyone with my other random characters. Got a little slumped past tourny but I'll let my skill show for itself in tournies to come. I would rank myself higher because I think I have shown that I am extremely well rounded with most of my characters. I think I have proven myself to anyone I played and showcased my improvement and its been pretty large. I place myself here because of my poor tourny placing and Tysers success otherwise me and Tyser would have a tough time fighting for the 5th slot. We'll shall see.

7. Murn- Consistent, just like myself. We are good and could easily beat the top 4 in any given match. Just seem to never be able to finish it up. Only reason Murn is below me is because of his consistency of him losing to me. If he gets set wins of higher ranked players than he will move up on the list. I'm in the same boat as he, going to consistently ****ting on Tyser to starting to lose to him.

8. Yosh- You know your my boy and we did have intense dittos etc when we were blazed at Davids. Your good at teams and I'm seeing that your getting better at solo. If you can get yourself top 4 you would easily jump a large amount of slots because your teams plus solo would put you there.

9. Uli- He showed me this past tourny that he has gotten better. He also proved himself in teams.

10. David- We had intense high falco dittos. INTENSE. He played me harder than anyone else did and was more consistent than any falco I dittoed.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Base on raw skill, NE/IA.

1. MTKD
2. Bone
3. JLO
4. Razor
5. Blank
6. Joker
7. Kudou-kun
8. Love
9. Schism
10. Bolt

1. MTKD - King nerd, his up air to up til to rest gets the job done. Don't get me started on his ICs and Fox.

2. Bone - My crouch to rest and my gannon double jump to Dair ****. nuff said.

3. JLO - All on board the Gantrain, can't stop that machine.

4. Razor - Flys like a butterfly, cuts like an emo kid.

5. Blank - Has improved rapidly and starting to place high.

6. Joker - Don't know where to put him. I see him **** left to right but always seems to rank low in tourneys.

7. Kudou-kun - pillars your ****

8. Love - Used to **** but now he plays brawl, ****ing piece of **** son of a ***** mother ****er scrub

9. Schism - Triple jump to rest = too good.

10. Bolt - ****, nuff said

Honorable mention JBM- Has been improving rapidly but still has long ways to go. He puts up a good fight but needs to learn to finish the match.

Tis be the one and only true ranking. Don't like it? Don't get angry get better.

Echo

Smash Champion
Hmm.

Alot of the lists make sense... Ben's especially because he gave alot of detailed reasoning, and I appreciate the comment in it, thanks. I haven't been playing enough lately to make one of my own, so eh.

Only thing I will say though is that Devon definetely deserves to be above me, and I feel that he is best player.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Anyone of ur crusty pansycakes up for some games this saturday?

Possibly at JBM's house?
Hey Jbm can we have some games at ur house saturday? Look above^^^ People are already expecting you to host.

Secks.

Smash Ace
The only way to make an honest ranking is to know where your at compared to everyone else next to you. Dark got 7th at POEII but he was easily the best player at the tournament. Results aren't always everything its match by match. Its what people do vs you and against everyone else that separate them. People don't take that into account too much. We have all played each other long enough and we all have a general idea of who's better than who. No one has the balls to come out and say it because people will get pissed. You have to give reasonable facts as to why some one is better etc. That is the only way to truly make an accurate ranking. If there is any disagreement with my current ranking, anyone can feel free to give more opinions. As far as I am concerned I have probably made the most accurate/realistic list that anyone has made so far. I only did it because I slightly disagreed with everyone else's list but for the most part, its very close. Its open for debate if anyone thinks other wise its open for debate after all we can talk about it in here. I got really bored and missed my shuttle home thats why I posted my personal ranking. I think I gave a pretty detailed explanation of everyone relative to me and thats all anyone can really do.

* Another great point, no one gets worse at melee they just get rusty. You never lose skill after every time you play even if you haven't played in a while. You gain more experience, knowledge thus inversely resulting in an increase in skill. The three players that can legitimately say have gotten rusty is Yosh, Mo, and Echo. Yet they are still notches above most of the people that are playing regularly now. Its unfortunate that everyone cannot play weekly like myself and others because we would be progressing at better pace too. In the end, melee is all about mindgames and knowing your opponent and manipulation. You don't need to play continually when you have those key things. Otherwise you'll be like FluxWolf O_O I went there sorry flux I have mad respect for you but you are king tech nerd. Just take it as a compliment trust me.

Also what in the **** is up with that sig Bone? hahahaha

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
i havent played in ages and i lost skill i play like a noob :(thats wat happens when u move to cedar falls this place just kills ur skillz

Top Bottom