• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nebraska melee PR! JBM's Gas Money Donation bimonthlies! January 8th or 9th!

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Am i even on there still? School has kept me way too busy to be doing any smursh. Sorry about that fellas :(

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
The 21st in the next Midwest Circuit even in OshKosh WI. Don't know if that matters just thought I would let you know.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
So people i was discussing it with others and i thought of a different way to run my tourney.

the entry fee is 20 total, 2 dollar door fee, so 22 total.

this means no individual tourney fee, so the breakdown would look like this.

brawl singles $6
melee singles $6
melee doubles $4
Street fighter 4 $4
door fee $2
total of $22.

The size of the pot would look like this, considering i am thinking that 15-30 would show up for these monthlies for all 3 games.
15 people
melee or brawl singles- 1st-60, 2nd-20, 3rd-10
melee doubles and sf4- 1st 40 2nd 12, 3rd, 8

obviously if 30 people show it will be doubled.

i think this would work best because this makes both brawl and melee communities have larger tourneys for both games, because its a package not individual fee so the competitor would be able to compete in everything.

Face it, money is nice, but this way we will have 20-30 man tourneys for each game and it will make things much more interesting, enjoyable, fun, and most of all more competitive.

i would appreciate feedback as soon as possible, i will make my final decison by the end of the week whether to go with individual tourney fees or package fee.

Dekline42

Smash Ace
Personally I'd prefer individual tourney fees, since it kinda sux if a person wants to do 1 or 2 of the games/types and has to do them all, or at least individual games (melee dubs/singles) (brawl dubs/singles) (SFIV)

what happens happens but thats my vote :p

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
So here's the run down on how things will happen this month for me.

March 7th weekend probably wont happen since I dont think my manager wants me to get days off all the time seeing as I dont even work that much as it stands.
March 14th weekend is the same situation as March 7th; Id have to talk to Uli about this since he knows the managers better.
March 21st weekend would probably be best for me since that's a good amount of time from now and Id probably be able to get off.
March 28th weekend is my grandpa's funeral so that is obviously a no go.

Echo

Smash Champion
I think every tournament should be 5$ dollars to enter. Doubles would be 5$ per person.

Really you could make every tournament 1$ to play and brawl players still wouldn't participate. Nothing you can do!

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
well obviously the majority rules individual so we will go with that.

we will keep the same prices for tourneys, the only one up for debate is melee doubles being changed to 5 dollars a piece, as well as brawl singles unless iowa shows interest it will stay 10.

also march 14th people need to find out whether or not they are going to make it or not, if not we will push it back to the 21st, i've heard no feedback from iowa showing interest in going and if they don't it will be pushed back to the 21st.

if brawl doesn't happen to be the popular game and iowa doesn't show up maybe a n64 tourney?!?!

Tacoom

Smash Lord
mar 21 would be a better date for me, 22 even better.
With everything I got going on im not sure if I even should be playin games.
Tysah, a week ago I watched my friend be put into the ground.

I was leavin the scene around this time

BOLT08

Smash Lord
March 21st works best for me, can't say I'd enter for sure though. I'd probably just chilllll

§chizm

Smash Lord
I would probably make the drive and bring whoever wants to come with me if it's on the 14th, but I wouldn't be making it on the 21st because most of us are going to Oshkosh.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Looks like I won't be coming to either, I'm going up to minnesota the 20th probably, so I won't be back long over spring break it looks like. Just the 18-20.

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
Is there an exact address for this, so that I can know if it would be reasonable for me to make it to?

Echo

Smash Champion
Just make singles and doubles 10 a piece... doesn't really matter.
It does matter, son.. this is a tough economy and paying 20$ dollars (Melee alone) and then 15$ (Melee alone) at jokers, when you aren't going to be winning anything back, is quite a bit to ask of people to keep entering every 2 weeks.

Not to mention more than half of the players in IA play brawl, and theres definetely NO motivation for them to join the Melee tournaments.

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
Actually, simply saying Im not going isnt a john.
If I had an excuse for not coming then that would be johns.
I thought you said you knew what johns were.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well there has to be a reason for you not going. so therefor that reason is your john. you just didn't say it lol.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Pizzowned.

Btw looks like i will be in town the 21st and whatnot, so if anything is going on from the 18th on lemme know. I'd be down to hang but im not throwing down anymore money

BOLT08

Smash Lord
21st works best for me, but as far as i understand that's osh gosh.

My great uncle lives there.

Dekline42

Smash Ace
As long as it's not during the week or something ridiculous I'll be able to make it

Top Bottom