• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCT Presents: Mango Juice - a MELEE Tournament (March 21, 2009) RESULTS posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I should sub for one of Connor's classes and tell all his friends he used to call himself Marth/Falco Pro.

bbb

Smash Champion
I'd let neal teach me, if you know what I mean

and connie, you live too **** far away you boshi face

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm earning a math teaching credential. First I'm going to get Mango to pass algebra and then I'm going after Connor.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
There was this guy in my geometry class that made fun of me because I wasnt as smart as him.

Really made me reevaluate the people I socialize with. Also almost made me cry.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Neal doesn't know anything about math. I destroy him in math last time we met

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Can someone house me for the whole week? (i.e. somewhere from Saturday-Monday up until Mango Juice)

Preferrably someone who lives near the person housing Taj and Wobbles...

Or the PERSON housing Taj and Wobbles..

They're my ride back to AZ

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hey Plan 9, I heard we are teaming for this :O

I should sub for one of Connor's classes and tell all his friends he used to call himself Marth/Falco Pro.
LOL

araknophobik

Smash Master
Can someone house me for the whole week? (i.e. somewhere from Saturday-Monday up until Mango Juice)

Preferrably someone who lives near the person housing Taj and Wobbles...

Or the PERSON housing Taj and Wobbles..

They're my ride back to AZ
if you dont have family or someone who is kinda obligated to house you when you visit
why would you come down so early
im pretty sure theres a difference between the favor of housing someone for a tournament
and overstaying

im willing to house but i got school/work like a normal human being
and the odds of you finding someone who doesn't do either and can house you all week is highly unlikely

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
if you dont have family or someone who is kinda obligated to house you when you visit
why would you come down so early
im pretty sure theres a difference between the favor of housing someone for a tournament
and overstaying

im willing to house but i got school/work like a normal human being
and the odds of you finding someone who doesn't do either and can house you all week is highly unlikely
I'm coming down early so I can smash...

Wait...

****, everyone's going to be busy.

Okay, so I MIGHT end up riding with Taj and Wobbles.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I'm coming down early so I can smash...

Wait...

****, everyone's going to be busy.

Okay, so I MIGHT end up riding with Taj and Wobbles.
You're making the mistake of thinking people WANT to house you.

Great players (and renowned cool guys) like Taj and Forward? Sure. Mediocre players no one knows and little kids they have nothing in common with? Not really.

Think about it: what does someone get out of housing you? Chances are, nothing. Spamming the boards asking for ridiculous requests all the time doesn't help.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
You're making the mistake of thinking people WANT to house you.

Great players (and renowned cool guys) like Taj and Forward? Sure. Mediocre players no one knows and little kids they have nothing in common with? Not really.

Think about it: what does someone get out of housing you? Chances are, nothing. Spamming the boards asking for ridiculous requests all the time doesn't help.
I actually felt uncomfortable asking for housing because I know I'm not exactly outstanding at this game or popular, but I didn't see why exactly I SHOULDN'T ask for housing if I wanted to be in Cali the whole week.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
actually it's more of a thing where there isn't a lot of people who have the ability to house people, especially since most of us don't know you personally. People just hesitate less with the bigger names, because they see them more often and in general most people know the bigger players better (they do tend to go to a lot of smashfests/tourneys).

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Well, I'm on PacWest's bad side.

People are also less likely to house out-of-region people that spam and don't seem like fun people to be around.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
but I didn't see why exactly I SHOULDN'T ask for housing if I wanted to be in Cali the whole week.
Well, it's like Fabian said. I wouldn't be able to house ANYONE for a whole week, not even my friends (unless there was a very good reason). Almost everyone lives with their parents, and those that don't have responsibilities.

Don't take it personally, but it's just an unreasonable request. A better way to go about it would be finding people who could house you, talking to them personally, and then asking them how long they could house you. You have to put in work and do it over AIM or PM, as stuff like this rarely goes smoothly over the boards.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hmm...

Well, either way.

Most/all people are going to be busy during that week (to an extent) and there won't be anything that's worth me shelling out the extra money to pay for restaurant food and taking the bus rather than driving with Rob.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
there's gonna be a smashfest the night before the tournament? that would be cool to play everyone again before the tournament Lol :)

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
tai i would also house you for a week
only problem is that is my finals week
so i definitely dont want anyone over during that time
latest i can let you in is friday afternoon
but that is a maybe atm
i live with two other guys so i have to speak with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom