• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
No, people are saying they did this to increase publicity. Dropping to of brawls national players probably put a bright light on MLG and made an example, showing they would do whatever it took to enforce rules.

kinda lame that it had to be with our game :/

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
ummmmm im sure with the top players gone, and 12,500 dollars on the line.... Dallas will cap lol

like i said... publicity.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yes he does.

but for something like this, the fact that he is gone, will attract more people, cause that means they have a shot at 12,500.

more names will appear cause there will be a more varied rotation, seeing how ADHD and M2k will not be taking other top players out.

hell San may end up winning dallas, or Gness/ultimate razer... think of how that would look.

a low tier, or an unranked player ( in mlg eyes) coming up and winning finals. MLG will make so much money just from that hype alone.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
yes he does.

but for something like this, the fact that he is gone, will attract more people, cause that means they have a shot at 12,500.

more names will appear cause there will be a more varied rotation, seeing how ADHD and M2k will not be taking other top players out.

hell San may end up winning dallas, or Gness/ultimate razer... think of how that would look.

a low tier, or an unranked player ( in mlg eyes) coming up and winning finals. MLG will make so much money just from that hype alone.
I want san to win

also not every player has that Keith mentality of "if the states best players go to a tournament, i wont go."

stingers

Smash Obsessed
mlg won't change anything...they're a professional organization, they can't go back on their rules. same with that golf rule fiasco that happened a few weeks ago.
it sucks but its how it is.

and yay i added u.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I want san to win

also not every player has that Keith mentality of "if the states best players go to a tournament, i wont go."
Yes... but alot of people who may have debated whether or not to go, will most likely be persuaded now that the money is up for grabs. It's not a mentality really.

Top players: "I got school/work, i could take a day off and maybe win Dallas, but m2k will prob beat me, so maybe it is not worth it. Oh wait! he and ADHD wont be there? well my shot is alot higher now, ill attend it."

And i just troll when i say that u idiot, i am this states best player.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
wellllllll foxy said he would host a melee side tourney. and kevin and yay and cam are going so you'll have melee anyway

btw

yay get on ****ing wifi I was serious :mad:

Top Bottom