• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Q is one of my favorite characters from street fighter.

Followed by ryu, cody, bison, and sakura

yeah I want to play you stingers (and if im there mekos should be there too)
Nice, I always thought Q was pretty awesome (doesn't look like he'll ever be in another game though....)

Also, Cody would probably have to be my top favorite.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
does anyone have tekken 6 for the ps3? i rented it for like 5 days. i want to play some people later. i main dragunov atm, he's mad cool.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
i think the best characters in brawl- are the ones with the enhanced movement options

rob's dair
pika bair/upB
ike's forward B/uair
marth shieldbreaker
lucario's upB
falco illusion cancel/nair cancel/extra jumps
fox illusion cancel/wd
wolf illusion cancel
luigi misfires/special fall removal
wario jumps/smashes/dair

movement options in smash are OP

Foxy

Smash Master
I disagree about the movement, most of them are actually BAD movement options due to the lack of control (mainly ones like Marth's, where it's slow, has a bad trajectory, limited use).

A few of them are very good, but I still don't think it will make or break characters, though top tiers may be ones with them (like pikachu).

I love ROB's though.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I disagree about the movement, most of them are actually BAD movement options due to the lack of control (mainly ones like Marth's, where it's slow, has a bad trajectory, limited use).

A few of them are very good, but I still don't think it will make or break characters, though top tiers may be ones with them (like pikachu).

I love ROB's though.
i mean obviously some of them are more useful than others, but the good ones are definitely going to make characters top tier. I don't see any character being considered top tier that doesn't have some really enhanced movement tbh

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Just imagine if there was a hack where MK was so nerfed he would be considered bottom tier.....

I'm imagining it........and I'm loving it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
one double jump
no transcendent priority
tornado clanks in the air

maybe not bottom tier but he'd just be a inferior marth.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
foxy, can u give that dude who does the "National rankings" the results from the past tourney? maybe urs and my national ranks will go up. :)

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
umm if I get this job at pizza hut and save up money from it I can buy a car in a few months maybe
Yay
does anyone have tekken 6 for the ps3? i rented it for like 5 days. i want to play some people later. i main dragunov atm, he's mad cool.
I has it.

I wish I could go to Billfest. But everything has to be super far from me D:

SK919

Deal with it
T6 online is god awful good luck. There's like an average 4 frames of lag which is pretty cripping for that game. Gaurd breaks become way harder and blocking loses it's fluidity

Foxy

Smash Master
foxy, can u give that dude who does the "National rankings" the results from the past tourney? maybe urs and my national ranks will go up. :)
he actually doesn't have that many of ours, i think. i should give him everything he doesn't have.

i can't do it until i get the tio file, though...

which i thought was on adam's computer but i'm not sure. somebody needs to email me it.

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
yo foxy what time is singles gonna start??? i wanna come but i dont think i can get there until 4.... is that tooo late?

also im off work today anyone wanna play some wifi or even get together and play??? im bored let me know ill drive anywhere in the raleigh/durham area

Gardevior

Smash Lord
yo foxy what time is singles gonna start??? i wanna come but i dont think i can get there until 4.... is that tooo late?

also im off work today anyone wanna play some wifi or even get together and play??? im bored let me know ill drive anywhere in the raleigh/durham area
Just come over to the NC State Library.

Can't guarentee we'll be playing vBrawl though, as I'm a pretty big proponent of games that aren't vBrawl. (Not that brawl's terrible, it's just that Plus, Melee, 64, and Mario Kart are better)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lee, give sgf ur phone number, so u can call him when yall start brawl.
@karn, it is, but most of the brawl players rarely enter melee, so i dont see a problem in having both tourneys on the same day. unllllllleeeeesssss, u want to enter brawl singles again :)

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
i won't be able to make most of this, i have 8am-5pm traffic school to get my ticket reduced =\

boooooo

i might come for b- though, depends on the women situation

EDIT: also i have the most smackdowns of any of the NC HoN community get at me

Foxy

Smash Master
You'll probably be okay for singles coming at 4.

Isn't this the same weekend as duke?
Yup, but of course the games don't conflict, and I definitely will offer our venue space to DJ if he wants more room and a bigger tournament by hosting them together.

i won't be able to make most of this, i have 8am-5pm traffic school to get my ticket reduced =\

boooooo

i might come for b- though, depends on the women situation

EDIT: also i have the most smackdowns of any of the NC HoN community get at me
Boo at traffic school

I guess I'll team with... someone else.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yea what about the curse you guys. and since me and foxy tied, when are we getting laid?
or do we have to have sex with each other? ****, i should have never split.

Top Bottom