• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
dj, did jon teach u those kirby combos?
Rofl.

Kirby's combos:

Fthrow -> Uair -> Fthrow -> ? at low (likely single digit) percentages, varies per character. Only first two ever actually work on people who know how to DI.
-or-
Fthrow -> Uair -> Pivot Utilt -> Bair -> ? at near zero on most characters.

Dair (trip) -> Fsmash/Grab
Dtilt (trip) -> Grab
Dair -> Footstool -> Dair -> Footstool ... Doesn't work if they SDI out of the dair. Works on every character afaik.

Inhale Break -> Footstool ... Only works on approx. half the cast, the other half can footstool Kirby out of the inhale break. Can then be followed up into more Dair -> Footstool shenanigans.

Utilt -> Utilt (x?) ... On fastfallers
Dthrow -> Utilt (x?) ... First utilt works on most people at near zero percentages, but it works the best on fastfallers (obv).

No combos in Brawl >_>

Foxy

Smash Master
So, although Duke is on the 1st, it's of course Melee only, and I want to see if DJ will co-host with me... but if not, I still want to do the next Biweekly on the 1st. It's doubtful we'll have conflicting crowds.

So -

what do people think of keeping the biweekly schedule and planning for May 1st as the next one?

And games - I liked having Brawl as the only main game this time, and although Brawl- didn't really work out due to nobody having a setup, if we have that dealt with beforehand I would actually like to try that again. But it's up to opinions.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
So, although Duke is on the 1st, it's of course Melee only, and I want to see if DJ will co-host with me... but if not, I still want to do the next Biweekly on the 1st. It's doubtful we'll have conflicting crowds.

So -

what do people think of keeping the biweekly schedule and planning for May 1st as the next one?

And games - I liked having Brawl as the only main game this time, and although Brawl- didn't really work out due to nobody having a setup, if we have that dealt with beforehand I would actually like to try that again. But it's up to opinions.
im fine with this, may 1st sounds awesome.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Results were posted a while ago.

Brawl Singles
1. Keith
1. Foxy
(They split, Foxy coming from losers)
3. Ilove
4. Mekos
5. Rag
5. Shady

Brawl Teams
1. Keith and Shady
2. Foxy and Omni
3. Jon and Mekos

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
O: Kadajjjj. I thought you went to this. If I knew you didn't I would've come and chilled with you. Good stuff@Keith.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Good stuff to Keith repping that Ksizzle.

Oh, and I sadly couldn't find a cool picture of Batman beating Bane to represent what's gonna happen at Billfest.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
this is what shady did to me the first match of our set

this is what i did every match afterwards

this is what i did to Austin in winners finals

this is what im going to do to stingers at billfest

BREAK U BATMAN!!

Foxy

Smash Master
I'd prefer not to have plus on the 1st since

Bill's will have it, and it doesn't have a big enough scene to have tournaments two consecutive weekends.

The only game that wouldn't be run twice in a row is minus, apart from Brawl (which can of course support it).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
just sayin
if any of you beat my bowser in brawl- i'll just go rob and 4 stock you
:coolmonke

best character in the game without a doubt, nobody else even comes close. just ask jim

Top Bottom