• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
Pac why don't you get on AIM as much anymore man? I got questions to ask you.

As for the picking three characters, I'll try not to pick all just bottom of the barrel characters.

1) Bowser, yeah yeah not a big surprise uh. Big B is one of the coolest, yet the suckiest characters. Like I said he's still cool though so he deserves to have some form of honor left or restored and kick butt despite his shortcomings.

2) Yoshi, because he's Yoshi man! There isn't much more that needs to be said other than that. And if you do pick him, personally beat that Yoshi hater Pac for me with him if possible.:chuckle: Unless you hate Yoshi too!:mad:

3)Ice Climbers, because they are the greatest (not really *glares at Fox*). The main reason is so that you can personally beat Peach's with them, and then record and post videos of your matches for me to watch and enjoy!;)

So those are my votes.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You're holding something! And it doesn't look like a GCN controller! It looks like a box of Wonka Nerds! I swear!

Twiggy

Smash Lord
I'm giving the camera the gun pose. and theres somebody playing on the TV beside mine... with their character at 121%

2_Percent

Smash Ace
bowser can do well against certain characters. my favorite are against fox/falco/cf.
and it really depends on the stage, i like him on the smaller stages especially yoshi's story cuz of the sloped edges.
and if it really is legal for singles...MKII is too good for bowser

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
bowser can do well against certain characters. my favorite are against fox/falco/cf.
and it really depends on the stage, i like him on the smaller stages especially yoshi's story cuz of the sloped edges.
and if it really is legal for singles...MKII is too good for bowser
Don't get me wrong man, I'm not trying to diss Bowser. I like Bowser, and I do think he's usable and if known how to use right a fair challenge for certain characters. However he most certaintely isn't the best and is below the cut of most of the other characters in the game. Yeah he can do well against certain characters but the sad thing is most of those same characters that Bowser can do decent/good with another could do the same without the faults that Bowser has.

But don't worry, I use Bowser too and yes if he shines anywhere it's on smaller levels. When I do fight people with Bowser the first place I usually go is Yoshi Story level, I'm pretty sure many Bowser people consider it to be a helpful stage for Bowser if any. I do like Bowser for some things he has, like the oh so great fortress:) and also koopa claw is really nice as well. As for the Mushroom Kingdom levels I wouldn't know as I don't play them that often if ever. But hey 2_Percent, if I ever meet you in real life we should have a Bowser ditto. Mine isn't great by any stretch of the imagination but I suppose it would be interesting none the less.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
it's the background...looks like smash to me from what looks like 12% on the screen
You know, you might be right. I didn't care to place my eyes near the monitor, nearly touching it with my eyes, because that, in fact hurts my eyes. It true, though, I did look really closely, and it now looks like the TV screen behind him.:laugh:

On another note ~ I can't wait to brawl in '07.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I've always wondered what Bowser's motive was when "kidnapping" the Princess. Not only that, but how the Princess manages to get caught all the freakin' time, even when Mario is right beside her.

I've always chalked it up to Bowser trying to control both his kingdom and the other ~ World Domination, I guess. He is King Koopa . . .

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As long it's money matches within the game. Coins will be flying everywhere. :)

Sunchaser007

Smash Journeyman
yeh, if you've got skill and mindgames....you're gonna do well /w anybody. Try telling me that you could beat azen'z g&w......i'll laugh at ya

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
yeh, if you've got skill and mindgames....you're gonna do well /w anybody. Try telling me that you could beat azen'z g&w......i'll laugh at ya
Haha

Well first off Game and Watch isn't that bad at all. Second, yeah I generally agree with your first statement about if your just great in general with nice mindgames to back it up you'll do fine overall. However it doesn't change the fact that certain characters handicap you and force you to have a harder time with usually more matchups than the higher tiers hence why most people don't even bother.

!|\|s0|\/||\|!@

Smash Cadet
okay twig... bowser, roy, and any other character than can be chain-grabbed of your choice... 8]... hahah. <3

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
Twig I'll play you in a Mario Ditto. It will be the biggest, most grandest epic battle of Munkaid as we battle it out for best two out of three. When we play all the televisions in the room will instantly turn off so everyone will be forced to watch the Mario Mirror Bash :D.

Btw come Munkaid 5 I srsly need to play Everlasting Yay...I really want to see if I can beat him! D: Everlasting yay, if you're reading this.

COME TO MUNKAID 5 OR YOU WILL BE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE CAROLINAS FOR DECLINING A MATCH FROM HOLYMARTH.

PS I <3 SSBM

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
no wayz main, nc has gotten surprisingly good here lately, i heard bobby moved and came back recently so maybe if he starts to show at some tourneys. Peace

Twiggy

Smash Lord
NC bobby probably is still the best. We all have gotten a lot better from last time he came to a NC tournament... but, I mean... he always finds ways to pull through for the win. That is... WHEN HE SHOWS UP for tourneys.

EDIT: Also. I can't do a mario ditto with you, holymarth, unless mario is one of the 2 characters I'm allowed to play. so far, it's not look good for him.

Malk

Smash Champion
Cripple and Bobby like died when Bobby returned. My crew used to smash with him all the time and then Bobby comes back and bam I haven't talked to Crip since.

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
ahhhh cool.....
When he was goe at Illinois he lived right by WuWu and I .... we all became best friends in and out of smash....

beat his *** for me NC....for that man got with my ex girlfriend !

~Zec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom