• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Power Rankings discussion (Brawl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malk

Smash Champion
jesus ****ing christ SC stop whining
you are not our state, no matter how many of our tournaments you go to you will not be our state

Sengin

Smash Ace
Probably not. I'm not sure if any vids will even come from it.
You talkin' out your *** again PP? :p I'm asking for as many people as possible to bring VCR's and other recording equipment. So far I believe at least 3 people are bring recordable stuff. I may have to send the vids to you since you have VHS -> digital capabilities and I sure don't, but I am certainly doing my best to get stuff recorded from this tournament.

And we WERE going to have of the bigger names here, but then they all had to crap out in the last week or so for various reasons (2 for work, one for parents, etc...). I've been trying to broadcast this for all over NC plus OOS, but since this is the first one that's being hosted in Boone, the people far East and OOS haven't really caught on to it. But that's alright; after Saturday people will see a success come from this and perhaps will be more inclined to come to one, in say, April (note: date definitely pending).

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Man, I'm wrong all over the place in this thread.

Malk is correct in the way he interprets my post though.

My bad Sengin, again. I guess I didn't remember that people still tried to record anymore lol. Most NC tournies don't record if I'm not there.

I don't think I ever heard of big names trying to go though, so I was just going on what I had seen. Sorry.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Man, I'm wrong all over the place in this thread.
Like I said - I tried once, and everyone was so hard on me. You get used to it.

As for Jubilee, for the was the turn out was for Jubilee VI, Do you seriously think hold something like that would be worth it? If it goes down - I'm all for it - I have stacks of great "advertisements" like I had done last year. As a matter of fact, I'd like to do a few for HERB and hype that stuff up.

PP, you're on the ball, and seem to know what you want out of this. Goos stuff, brobro.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Glad to know you're willing to help ZIO. Anything you can do to hype NC tournies is greatly appreciated by me lol.

Thanks man.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
Dr. Pp, if i bring my vcr and give you the vids, will you be willing to post them up on youtube... this way we can have a variety of footage... but if you dont want 2 deal with all the hassel that's fine with me... i have a crap load of tapes (mostly brawl stuff--> thanx 2 dama but we can record over them)

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
that's fine with me. we will just set them up side by side and just have tourney matches only on our setups only. Darn it. im gonna need someone to bring a tv. unless I get there early 2 snatch one and set up next to you... but sure that's fine with me

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If we do jubilee again it will definitely be all at my house and not at a venue.
Nothing against Dark_Hart trying, but that was SO bad an idea, <_<

But yes, that would be nice. And if you're planning on doing it again, like, make a topic on it . . . now, or something, so we have the best time to let everyone hear/read about it.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm sorry Karn, I assumed it was being discussed since Jubilee is too good.

You can do what you want, but I'd love to go to Jubilee again. =p

I'm guessing no one has any PRs questions?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Doubles? I don't think doubles PRs can work as well since some teams are static.

I'm not even sure if we have enough teams for a 10 team PRs.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I have a question about the PR's. You said earlier that the PR's won't entirely be focused on tournament placings, so how else would you consider a person as a candidate? Would they have to submit footage of them playing known players, or is just really complicated and not complete yet?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@DUB: Just check back here and give me opinions when you can ok? I'm doin my best to make this shiz right.

@Beet(I'm not putting that r there): I'm going to look at how certain players stack up against each other some too. If, for example, my tourney results are a little worse than, say, Ali's but I beat him the majority of the time in tournament matches or MMs, then that needs to be taken into account when the panel decides who goes where on the list.

That's why I need to hear people's matchups. Who beats who the most, and who is improving despite tourney results and all that.

Tourney results will be the major factor in PR placings, but there will be matchups and maybe odd stuff like "unlucky" brackets taken into account.

BEHR

Smash Hero
So this starts after Boone right PP?

and OOS tourneys like more credible if you know what I mean?

BEHR

Smash Hero
I mean by if you place well OOS does it give you more priority in going up in rankings?

Ugh Beaners arent good at wording.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol it's cool.

Not really, because OOS shows skill vs OOS, not NC.

I would venture a guess and say that, logically, if some NC players beat other NC players in a decent sized+ OOS tourney, then that should be taken into account, just with less emphasis imo. My reasoning here would be that, since seeding may be different in OOS places that aren't as aware of NC's skill, then one player may get a harder bracket, thereby skewing results.

Malk/Karn: how does that sound?

BEHR

Smash Hero
So thee are only 3 Panelist right now?

or are you keeping some more hidden?

:'D

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's the three of us for Melee, and maybe just Karn and I for Brawl.

Don't worry, I'll be taking opinions into account.

Also know that, like I'm pretty sure I stated in the OP, that this first list won't be entirely accurate, but if you don't like what it says, go fix it!

are ya'll redoing the power rankings or something??? I haven't been on in a while to see what's been going on or anything I would like to attempt to make the brawl power rankings i would try melee but I hardly ever play it these days.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
@Beet(I'm not putting that r there): I'm going to look at how certain players stack up against each other some too. If, for example, my tourney results are a little worse than, say, Ali's but I beat him the majority of the time in tournament matches or MMs, then that needs to be taken into account when the panel decides who goes where on the list.

That's why I need to hear people's matchups. Who beats who the most, and who is improving despite tourney results and all that.

Tourney results will be the major factor in PR placings, but there will be matchups and maybe odd stuff like "unlucky" brackets taken into account.
Ok, sounds good. Basically, if you want to place well in the PR's, you need to get to know a lot of the other people who are already placed, and the only way to do that, would be to start going to tournaments, correct?

*also, any reason you didn't want to write the r? O.o

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
are ya'll redoing the power rankings or something??? I haven't been on in a while to see what's been going on or anything I would like to attempt to make the brawl power rankings i would try melee but I hardly ever play it these days.
I'm redoing the PRs, yes.

So we should expect to see you around some more then?

Do whichever game you want, just come to tournies ok?

Thanks Fiz.

@Beet: You just have to go tournaments and place well. That's really it. Easier said than done though because NC is too good. =p

And no besides the fact that your name is easier to abbreviate now lol.

lord karn

Smash Master
I think oos should definitely be taken into consideration. Placing well in another state shows that you at least probably know more match-ups than other nc people that place worse oos but better in state. In Brawl, a large part about being good means knowing match-ups, and placing well regardless of location shows knowledge of math-ups. If one nc player has a better overall knowledge of matchups, then he should be placed higher. I think this holds in melee as well, but to a lesser extent.

Also, if we're trying to show oos how good we are, we should take into account how we do against them.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think oos should definitely be taken into consideration. Placing well in another state shows that you at least probably know more match-ups than other nc people that place worse oos but better in state. In Brawl, a large part about being good means knowing match-ups, and placing well regardless of location shows knowledge of math-ups. If one nc player has a better overall knowledge of matchups, then he should be placed higher. I think this holds in melee as well, but to a lesser extent.

Also, if we're trying to show oos how good we are, we should take into account how we do against them.
That's kind of what I figured, which is why I said I definitely wanted to consider it, but should it be counted equally as well as in state tournies since some people here don't really have the means to go OOS?

MBreeto

Smash Ace
@Beet: You just have to go tournaments and place well. That's really it. Easier said than done though because NC is too good. =p

That's what I figured. Well, looks like I gotta find a way to get to some tournaments, or ****, host some small ones on my own.

As for Beet, thats fine lol.

I'm redoing the PRs, yes.

So we should expect to see you around some more then?

Do whichever game you want, just come to tournies ok?

Thanks Fiz.

hopefully so i hardly ever get to my cpu these days i don't get off from work till 5 but i have weekends off. Where do you guys hold your tourneys at karn's house still or someplace different? Once I figure my way around fayetteville and how to get other places from here i should be attending these tournaments and things.

lord karn

Smash Master
IF someone goes oos it should be considered equally, but it shouldn't detract if someone doesn't go.

In reality, oos is only going to even matter in the upper ranked players, and most of them will go oos at some point.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@Lucas: Silly.

@YKB: Karn and Bill hold tournies at their apartment in Chapel Hill, but Gboro and Raleigh are holding tournies in different places here lately.

@Karn: Alright, well that makes sense. I'll try to get AIM by the end of this weekend, so we can discuss the rankings easier ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom