• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, people are either arguing with you or utterly confused by your statements to know how to reply.

I often fall into the latter category.

in other news, who has fun playing samus?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
as samus. playing against her seems kinda meh, but playing as her is such a goofy occurrence. i wish ganon had her utilt. goooood i love that thing.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Kage I'm just trying to stay on the bro rankings so chill mr. I quit green because of my lungs even though you'd have to a ******* to think that it could cause lung problems lol oh science, you're not right because the Warrior has feelings

Do some research on the word Warrior or something

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage I'm just trying to stay on the bro rankings so chill mr. I quit weed because of my lungs even though you'd have to a ******* to think that it could cause lung problems lol oh science, you're not right because the Warrior has feelings

Do some research on the word Warrior or something

I quit? I still smoke from time to time. umm.. lol.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
as samus. playing against her seems kinda meh, but playing as her is such a goofy occurrence. i wish ganon had her utilt. goooood i love that thing.
I really like Ganon's Utilt. Then again, maybe Ganon having three taunts is a bit too good.

I've tried playing as Samus, but I've never really liked it. One guy I know switched from Link to Samus today to try to beat me, and then another guy I know tried Samus. Unfortunately neither of them could use the bombs to recover, so died a lot when they shouldn't have.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
samus isn't fun until you k now the extent of wavedash ftilt and how much that is her whole gameplan sometimes. it's like winning fights by poking people in the shoulder.

oh, and crouch cancel dtilt/dsmash.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, you can get out of situations outlandishly fast lol. her waveland and up B provide two really good ways to get back to neutral either from the air or on the ground.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
josh i feel like you have fun with all characters except peach, ICs, and jiggs.
On the contrary I have more match up experience against IC's than anyone in the state due to playing Chris and John so much. It's fun sometimes. haha

And I actually really enjoy playing and am decent with Peach, IC's and Jiggs. I was beating Chris in IC dittos the other day. haha Sooo damn silly. But yeah, basically I just feel like those 3 all share the common characteristic of being able to just rob the opponent of stocks as opposed to outplaying them. Peach's panic button spam Dsmash, so do IC's plus all the chaingrabs/wobbling are stupid and don't require you to out play your opponent, Jiggs Rest is unbelievably easy to land for anybody who is used to playing spacies (Shine OOS -> Instant stock OOS).

It's all just my opinion so it's fine if others don't agree. I just don't really like or respect characters that abuse a move that keeps them from competing with an opponent or innovating new things. I play Melee as a very interactive high speed chess type game (among many other similar thoughts) and those characters make me feel like I'm cheating people when I use them and inversely getting cheated.

Falco has the best combo game and can definitely take stocks in a hurry but I feel like his bad traits (recovery/run speed) balance him a lot more than people say. He takes stocks fast, loses stocks fast. Jiggs/Peach/IC's all live forever and can take whole stocks faster than Falco can take stocks from anybody with WAY less effort and a lot more room for error.

Again, just my opinion.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So many players don't know how to deal with Peach's dsmash it's crazy. Defensive and spacing skills are really put to the test when playing vs jiggs or IC's but rests/cg's aren't even close to broken imo, although wobbling is pretty wack.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
So many players don't know how to deal with Peach's dsmash it's crazy. Defensive and spacing skills are really put to the test when playing vs jiggs or IC's but rests/cg's aren't even close to broken imo, although wobbling is pretty wack.

It really depends on what level of Peach. It's easy to avoid it or deal with it, even moreso with non-FF's, until you get the pro level Peach's. I remember when I played Armada it felt soooo impossible not to get randomly chewed up by setups that led to platform Dsmashs. I want to play him again though.

The Hand Off CG is super broken. You cannot wiggle out ever, you always just get tossed between characters with no chance to DI and wait for an inevitable Smash.

Rest is just way too low risk high reward vs a big majority of the cast. Sure Fox/Ganon/Falcon and a few others have really devastating punishes for missing rests but a lot of other characters don't have anything that even comes close to being able to kill her or stack a lot of damage for missing a rest.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
jiggs dies just as easy as falco.(see any character with a semi-powerful move that sends you up) jiggs's mobility and defensive game offsets this fact, just like falco's offensive game / combos do with him. Yeah it takes less effort for jiggs, yes there's a lot more room for error for falco--THAT's what you don't like about the match-up, it has little to do with the actual balance as jiggs as a character.

Sincerely,

An ignorant blocked smash newb troll redneck

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Watch the crew battle from Genesis 2 and tell me Wobbling isn't broken or at least super whack.

In general though, most things aren't actually broken, but just stupidly imbalanced.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
It's not... Not sure what a crew battle would prove anyway...

But I mean objectively, wobbling has never really made too much a dent in the ic's metagame, they've never really placed higher, or even more frequently due to that tactic. besides, when ic's get a grab aren't they supposed to take your stock? Expected to even?

Tim Leary once (supposedly) said, "LSD is a drug known to cause psychotic behavior in people who haven't taken it."

Totally unrelated but I know you like to cp dreamland from time to time

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
When has armada ever repeatedly, randomly chewed people up with Dsmash? Seen in top level peaches?? When does that ever happen to mango when he plays Armada... lol

Calling a CG broken?

Rest low risk?? Does he not DI the rest to avoid getting star KO'd?

I don't get it.

As far as wobbling goes, there's a point I think with it being a little lame. But, CGing is just deserved though. and it's like Luke said in regard to the IC metagame, it wouldn't be affected whether wobbling is allowed or not really, being that they're expected to take your stock by other means after a grab anyway.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Super good Leary quote.

Basically the crew battle is the West coast wobbling the East coast.

And no? The first national in the last few years to not ban wobbling, Wobbles got 5th after not placing well at any other national in a very long time. He wobbled SW, M2K, PP etc nearly every stock of their set. He would have beat Kevin if he hadn't choked and Kevin made the most epic comeback of the tournament.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It really depends on what level of Peach. It's easy to avoid it or deal with it, even moreso with non-FF's, until you get the pro level Peach's. I remember when I played Armada it felt soooo impossible not to get randomly chewed up by setups that led to platform Dsmashs. I want to play him again though.

The Hand Off CG is super broken. You cannot wiggle out ever, you always just get tossed between characters with no chance to DI and wait for an inevitable Smash.

Rest is just way too low risk high reward vs a big majority of the cast. Sure Fox/Ganon/Falcon and a few others have really devastating punishes for missing rests but a lot of other characters don't have anything that even comes close to being able to kill her or stack a lot of damage for missing a rest.
Eh, I dunno. You shouldn't get hit by a dsmash more than once regardless of your character, unless you'd rather get sent in the opposite direction (cc first hit then survival di). It's great that you have that option and not many ppl use it.

CG's aren't broken to me. Getting grabbed just becomes a lot worse and you have to adjust your style accordingly.

Rest is fairly high risk imo, obviously some characters have better punishes, but to me the rest only becomes a huge game decider when the opponent isn't using the proper methods to avoid/deal with it.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Super good Leary quote.

Basically the crew battle is the West coast wobbling the East coast.

And no? The first national in the last few years to not ban wobbling, Wobbles got 5th after not placing well at any other national in a very long time. He wobbled SW, M2K, PP etc nearly every stock of their set. He would have beat Kevin if he hadn't choked and Kevin made the most epic comeback of the tournament.
Okay, that's cool

Doesn't change a damn thing though so, plus he lost to Jason and Kevin in the end sooooo

Lol

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
falco is at least 2nd best in the game no matter which tier list philosophy you choose (to put in laymens terms: one chooses between a tier list for humans and a tier list for robots) [imo, obv]

i think people entirely underestimate the "high-risk" aspect of falco. yeah, he's easily combo'd and has a ****e upB (no one can argue that his sideB isn't legit, imo), but from where i see it, he's the absolute best at limiting his opponent's actions.

if falco didn't have these "weaknesses" you're talking about, he wouldn't just be the best, they'd have to make a buffer tier in between him and the rest of the cast to show how superior he is.

the character is insanely powerful. imho he has zero bad match ups and is a serious contender for best in the game.

i believe that he who has room to complain about falco's limitations as a character (especially in today's metagame), would be much more accurate in complaining about his own limitations as a player.

Top Bottom