• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

tw1n

Smash Champion
I know he has more but those are all I can really remember haha.
But I was also around when each week he was trying out something new lol.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Any of you NC people want to MM speed run Mega Man/X/GB while I'm in town, I'd be willing to bet somewhere between 2 dollars of fast food-1000 dollars.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
As I said my cousin is from Salisbury, so he's used to having fun skateboarding, biking trails and hanging outside about 330 days of the year. Nope. It gets really cold during the winter, rains a lot in the spring so we play a lot of video games a lot when you are doing stuff outdoors. You guys get random storms and possible evacuation scenarios. More scary than Tornadoes if you ask me. I can do more than Mega Man it's just Mega Man is my favorite/the best so, yeah.

btw I didn't play Melee for a week and boy I'm terrible at melee.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nah, I don't do Super Metroid, it's a good game but there are so many better games on the SNES that it was hard to focus on just that game.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol mario speedruns :D

I challenged DJ Nintendo to a mario 3 speedrun once. He beat my personal best while screwing around and showing us stuff lol.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Lucas: Lmao at my pivot Utilts

About Keith's name: Keif da Theif will always be the obvious choice.

Lmao Bebi

James: I was just waiting for someone to respond like that. haha

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Zeru did make it to swf, and that was the name i was going to legitimately keep forever, but then ocean gave me a vid of an old melee player who lived in Washington, so i could not have the same name as him. So im just mongoose now.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Lol mario speedruns :D

I challenged DJ Nintendo to a mario 3 speedrun once. He beat my personal best while screwing around and showing us stuff lol.
Now Mario I can do. I'm like 7 seconds off the Mario 1 WR (warps) and 30 seconds off the no warps one. Similar situation for Mario USA, Mario 3 and Mario World.

I've heard that guy is one of the best at those though lol.
Well I am in the process of getting the Mega Man 1 World record verified right now :)

Don't even bother coming to NC anymore. We won't be friends.
Because Super Metroid is only somewhere around the 10th best game on the system? Mega Man X, X2, LOZ LTTP, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Final Fantasy 3(6), Mario World, Contra 3, Lufia 2, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country 1/2, Turtles In Time, Battletoads and Double Dragon. (not to mention Final Fantasy 5 {Japan} and Mario All Stars {Compilation} and SF2T, KI, UMK3, NBA JAM {if u had decent competition}) are all equal to or better than Super Metroid, especially Mega Man X2 and LTTP which are clearly the best 2 games on the system, period, and both candidates for best game of all time.

X3 is worse due to it's terrible controls and the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy also has **** controls.

Super Troll Island is pretty sweet too. :pow:

vZakat

Half Genie
I would still say that speed running super metroid is harder than speed running any mario. Granted I don't know much about speed running mario. I've never seen any game that has so many techniques needed to speed run (maybe LOZ:OOT/MM) than super metroid. And most of those games on that list don't compare to how good super metroid is. Just saying...

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I would still say that speed running super metroid is harder than speed running any mario. Granted I don't know much about speed running mario. I've never seen any game that has so many techniques needed to speed run (maybe LOZ:OOT/MM) than super metroid. And most of those games on that list don't compare to how good super metroid is. Just saying...
Super Metroid is significantly more difficult than any 2D Mario game in both speed run and actual difficulty, maybe a few levels from the Lost Levels and 100% complete Yoshi's Island can compare, but not as entire games. I honestly don't think Mario world is as good as Super Metroid, though I do think Yoshi's Island is better than Super Metroid as far as quality of game.

Comparing games where you just run from point A-B without having to think about unique weapon set ups, items to collect or glitches to save you time is pointless. Comparing Speed Running SM is more like an RPG run as opposed to traditional platfomers. Running Mega Man is difficult because of precise timing, etc, but it's hard to compare a free world game to A-B games.

When I rank games I don't care about speed running unless it's for tie breaker type status. Level Design and music are what separates MMX2 and SM as far as being a good game, because the contros in SM are superb like MMX2 and they are both fairly challenging to run, though not as stupid hard (i.e. learning how to play the game) as previous games in their series or console.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
http://speeddemosarchive.com/
these guys are speedrunning like 50 games over the next 4 days to raise money for japan.
this is a community of speed runners and they have the best of the best playing through. so it will be pretty entertaining

u can find their schedule here

watch/donate if u can =]

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Why do you-

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol if by some miracle I do some things I really need to do then yeah lol. I'm making good progress on some so we'll see.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
chris: fuuuuuuuuck. dude there’s no tp in here. bring me some plz
chris: ****. WRONG PERSON
kyle: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
kyle: i am ****ting myself oh my god
kyle: and so are you apparently
chris: GODDAMNIT YHUJDCIXHYJDRIXFGBYHUJFTHUJFC
chris: **** YOU KYLE

Top Bottom