• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
uh.

there were melee players at MLG supporting NC.
there are people in the brawl community that I really enjoy. I'd be sad if I wouldn't get to seem just because the community split.

splitting is stupid.
u mean the four people who were drunk and left to smoke weed with rag?

oh i forgot.

stupid prick gtfo.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yo keith who cares. its not like we're going to tipped off to support them. (though im kind of thinking about going w/ jim not sure yet). so really it's even both ways lol.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
>See Mongief posts

>Expected reasonable post

>What I got

But in all seriousness - Y'all are cool in my books and take my brawl hate with a grain of salt. Much respect.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
u mean the four people who were drunk and left to smoke weed with rag?

oh i forgot.

stupid prick gtfo.
While people may have stepped out, no one actually left. I was there from mid-afternoon until they kicked us out on Saturday and there for almost all of Sunday as well.

And what does that even matter?

I still paid a decent amount of money for myself and Chris to get in, just to be there and support the community for a game I don't even play.

And you seem to be forgetting that I also drove you and Lee Martin around AND picked up Jason from the airport. Ungrateful as hell.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
*shurg*. Cant really see myself continuing with this game if the communities arent split. just cant stand a majority of you. and im sure the feeling is mutual.
Alright listen Keith, you take too much of this to heart. YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHERE MELEE PLAYERS ARE COMING FROM. Am I saying agree with them? NOOOO
I'm saying you need to be fair and see why they'd say what they would, and then leave things at that. I haven't seen anything close to the level of harassment of Brawl from Melee players that was around much earlier in the game's history, and even when YOU were playing!

This whole splitting thing is just a cop out because you don't feel like compromise or tolerance should be necessary in a gaming community. Well Keith the world is a lot less tolerant or supportive of one another than we are, so you really should appreciate more of the GOOD both Melee and Brawl players have done for one another.

That's another thing, I shouldn't even have to specify Melee or Brawl! Most of these players just want to play smash/their game and hang out with everyone. WE LIKE BEING FRIENDS KEITH. If you're not cool with the communities wanting to get along, then maybe you need to re-evaluate your perception of everyone/yourself. Really man, we are NC. We play different games, sometimes rag on the other game, but that should NEVER, AND I MEAN NEVER, be enough to make anyone want to leave one community or another.

I love both Melee and Brawl players and I love this state because honestly, you've all made me into a better person and smasher and I couldn't have done it without both communities and all of the great people in it as a part of my life.

Now tell me Keith, if it can help me so much and give me so much joy to see and to hang out with every single NORTH CAROLINA SMASH PLAYER, then why can't it do the same for you?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
why everytime kevin makes a long speech, people have to say

" get *****!"
" kevin just got off"
" dwaaam"
"****."

y'all meat ride this dude too much.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I dislike this a lot.
I think the smash community is the smash community.
I like hosting both games because I get to see everyone together in one place.
When we go out of state to things, brawl NC player support melee NC players and vice versa because we are all NC.

If this split of the community goes through I will not host anymore tournaments.
I want to see everyone and I want to see both games when I host and when I go to tournaments.
I think this idea will only serve to alienate NC from each other and will put the people who play both games in a bad spot.

smash is smash, and NC is NC
Oh Maria is officially the first girl to be on my bro rankings. :bee:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
why everytime kevin makes a long speech, people have to say

" get *****!"
" kevin just got off"
" dwaaam"
"****."

y'all meat ride this dude too much.
They like me? Ever think of that?

Couldn't have anything to do with me being a leader-type figure here, or being friends with pretty much all of them, or going out of my way to help them at times. Nah, that can't be it.

Seriously Keith, this is pretty bad. Stop taking things so personally.

You're getting too personal.

You need to be tolerant.

We're all NC.

I can't make this simpler.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
most of the things i dislike about people are enjoyed by a majority, so the only reasonable thing for me to do is not be around it.

Purple

Hi guys!
The reasonable thing to do is respect their opinion and agree to disagree.

It's not bad to think Dr Peepee is overhyped, but understand that some people -really- like him as a member of the community, so you shouldn't bash them.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
most of the things i dislike about people are enjoyed by a majority, so the only reasonable thing for me to do is not be around it.
You can't become a hermit man. It doesn't suit you and I think you'll find that learning to tolerate others helps you out in so many walks of life.

@Gard: You always ride that line between overly/unnecessarily sarcastic remarks and acceptable comments and this time you just laid it on a little too much. Are you just a pessimist or is that your way of saying you don't like people without actually saying it or what man? I don't really talk to you much outside of the boards so maybe it just looks worse for me. At any rate, I'd like to be enlightened.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
With the way I act, I actually am very surprised i wasn't asked that question.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
@Gard: You always ride that line between overly/unnecessarily sarcastic remarks and acceptable comments and this time you just laid it on a little too much. Are you just a pessimist or is that your way of saying you don't like people without actually saying it or what man? I don't really talk to you much outside of the boards so maybe it just looks worse for me. At any rate, I'd like to be enlightened.
Oh wow maybe it does look bad. I don't know, I just generally don't have anything useful to post and still want people to know I exist, and can't resist posting stuff to perpetuate or make people realize how ridiculous something is.

In this case I was just jumping on the bandwagon though; no sarcasm or anything.

Clear things up I hope?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Gard, Jon and ledger only come on the boards to troll me. If you pay attention, most of their post are after mine, or has something to do with my post. they may linger for a few minutes afterwards, but they are here for me mostly.

@stingers. im not going to not come to tourneys, im just going to ignore the people i hate.

so instead of saying who is on my list and stating everything i hate about them- just know if i dont talk to you, or if it is really obvious i am avoiding you, then chances are you are one of those ******s i hate.

sorry for the confusion, someone **** in my cereal this morning. You all can continue with what ever this thread is about.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Oh wow maybe it does look bad. I don't know, I just generally don't have anything useful to post and still want people to know I exist, and can't resist posting stuff to perpetuate or make people realize how ridiculous something is.

In this case I was just jumping on the bandwagon though; no sarcasm or anything.

Clear things up I hope?
Ahh alright, that's fair to think, but stressing how unnecessary something is doesn't further discussion and isn't funny so it usually just gets on my nerves. I don't mind totally non-productive posts like really badly or anything, but when I see it from a particular person/people for a while it tends to get at me.

Anyway, there are much better ways to contribute/stay known than that. Participating in discussion or joining in at key points to joke or whatever, or even just rephrasing something someone said for clarity or whatever are all much better ways to handle difficult situations that you want to post in.

Now, if you prefer to keep doing things your way, then I'll understand, but please forgive me if it doesn't get to me every once in a while. I apologize for the rudeness in my past post and any future rudeness I may show you.

Thanks for being honest with me. =)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Gard, Jon and ledger only come on the boards to troll me. If you pay attention, most of their post are after mine, or has something to do with my post. they may linger for a few minutes afterwards, but they are here for me mostly.

@stingers. im not going to not come to tourneys, im just going to ignore the people i hate.

so instead of saying who is on my list and stating everything i hate about them- just know if i dont look you in the eye, or if it is really obvious i am avoiding you, then chances are you are one of those ******s i hate.

sorry for the confusion, someone **** in my cereal this morning. You all can continue with what ever this thread is about.
I guess that's a slightly better response, but I think you're still missing the point. This may just eat at you until you feel the need for another outburst like this again, and who knows if it'll be worse then or not. It would be much better if you could get these things resolved within the community or yourself bro. <3

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Participating in discussion or joining in at key points to joke or whatever, or even just rephrasing something someone said for clarity or whatever are all much better ways to handle difficult situations that you want to post in.
This would be cool but I have nothing to say. I'm fairly untalented at either game, so I'm always afraid I'll just say something wrong and then people will go "wow this guy really has no idea what he is talking about" and I don't want that.
Dr Peepee said:
Now, if you prefer to keep doing things your way, then I'll understand, but please forgive me if it doesn't get to me every once in a while.
It's not my "way", in that I don't set out to the boards thinking "Oh man I bet KTM is saying something stupid let's go and antagonize him to death". I just stroll the forums seeing what people are talking about, and would actually rather see healthy discussion than an argument. But as stated above, I can't really participate in a discussion because of my lack of knowledge and credence, and it's very hard for me not to post highlighting someone's lack of thought (don't want to say stupidity because that is actually fairly rare) in a heated argument over nothing because it's easy and takes very little time.

Top Bottom