• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Don't you hate that?

I hate having to admit that GFaqs was the first place I went to. That was the worst decision, yo.

Coulda made elite smash friends up in NY had I came here in early '04 instead.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
im assuming ur talking to me, zio. If so, im going to tell u i have no clue as to what you are talking about.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm talking about not knowing about SWF.

I didn't know 'bout this place. Only knew GFaqs in '03-'04.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Were you even playing this game of life we call SMASH BROTHERS back then in a way you'd need this site?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i didn't know smash existed till 07.

i didn't know competitive smash until...my join date.

i'd say i've improved substantially. cam knows what i was when i started. and pp omni, smith, and dj know what i was at my first tourney. lol i was losing to DJ's falco back in october. funny stuff.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Very depressing to me to have been playing so long and see little improvement.

There's a simple answer to it. I just don't take an initiative.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i played my first game of smash in 4th grade, so I was like 9. then i bought that **** and played 64 a lot, then i went to my friends house one day and played melee for the first time (bowser was my first character <3) but we went back to 64 (lol) and eventually i bought it and played it on my own a lot when i started to main marth and ganon, then i moved to nc and found jim and here we are

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
i didn't know smash existed till 07.

i didn't know competitive smash until...my join date.

i'd say i've improved substantially. cam knows what i was when i started. and pp omni, smith, and dj know what i was at my first tourney. lol i was losing to DJ's falco back in october. funny stuff.
how even

I still lose to DJs falco.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I didn't know about competitive smash until late 07 and didn't really learn how to improve my gameplay until Genesis :(

But no johns now! Next time I play PP I'm going to 3 stock him.

Ok lets be realistic. bring him down to one stock high percents!

In tourney!

yeah that sounds better :D

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
pp i can't wait to play you again.

the more i play the more i see that if the falco is at a similar skill level as the ganon, then it really is almost even, and amazingly frustrating for the falco.

haven't played ya since karnfest bro. wanna see more dumb stuff from you.

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
Originally Posted by Trowa
lol yea ur pretty wrong about this. both damage and stockfield have improved drastically. Actually i think it's quite the opposite. i know before money mike left, he was yall most improved, i dont see anyone else that has stands out.

im really curious though, who has gotten like alot better?

This guy. Which is why I wish I could attend more events. Anyone down to play in the next few days? I'm always down for some smash.

Also who's going to TO6? Anyone wanna give a good ol chap a ride?
Money will be showered upon you copiously.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Zach and Kevin can probably vouch for me as really improving.
Though Cam's improved the most though. Maybe DJ.

EDIT:
Zach
Snap
Black Chris
Jmh
PP himself
Yay
Me
Bden!!!!!
Fiz

Alot have improved.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I'm in class and cut it short.
I'm playing it safe in irl.

Cont. from previous post:
Josh (Darksyde)
Crio
Robert from Durham
Twitch
Ocean
Matt(?) I haven't played you while in a correct state, or seen you play.
$Mike (gone) :(
Jim! :D
Stingers!

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Nah, no sloppy second mentions. Thanks.

Anyway, the real most improved goes:

Karn
Cam
Me, I think
Twitch, Bden, Zach and Chris

I haven't played several of those people in the last month though, so there's no telling. All I know is I can see the biggest jumps for Karn, Cam and myself. Karn's improvement has gone the most unnoticed for some stupid reason, but I got to play with him/watch him a lot at Apex, and he's so good.

EDIT: Oh, and Stingers for sure. His Peach is so gay. >:|

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
the most improved in my eyes are cam, josh, karn, and chris. bden too, maybe.

actually, I don't know. theres so much improvement lately.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Robert's probably gotten worse more than he's gotten better. if you saw him during my junior year of high school, which is when i first witnessed good technical smash, thats when he started his decline (his senior year of high school). he's definitely not back at the level he had back then. but i think he's coming back. hope cam keeps him interested at UNC...

from what i can tell, the biggest improvement's are probably cam, dj, and then probably spoon. wish he came to more stuff.

either way, i'm not good enough, so no matter who else is doing what, i need to step my own game up.

edit: josh, you've always been so good in my eyes that i can't really bring myself to put you on such a list. you've always 2-3 stocked the crap out of me (cept my first tourney or 2 where i probably maxed out at giving you 50% LOL). guess thats a testament to me getting better alongside you?

Top Bottom