• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Purple

Hi guys!
Well, I use a lot of characters, but my Abel is very clearly the best one I perform with and I use Sagat, Seth, and Cammy for his bad match-ups (Bison, Akuma, and to lesser extents Zangief, T. Hawk).

There are a lot of things I disagree with though. For starters, the game is still awfully unbalanced and I think charge characters break way too many match-ups. Of the 10 new characters, 3 of them are actually good. Some characters were intentionally made to be bad (as said by Ono) like Dan/Makoto and he also said Capcom intends to make Sagat top tier in every game. On top of that, Capcom straight up lied about some of the changes they've made. I suspect Super was created by chimpanzees because, despite everyone's disagreements, they still kept in selectable Ultras which will and probably already has led to the same thing as Street Fighter III. One Ultra is going to be better than the other in almost all areas for almost all match-ups and the other will be eclipsed into nothingness forever. Also, counter Ultras are ridiculously terrible.

Vanilla SFIV is even worse for balancing and the only reason I would go back to it is if I really badly wanted money with how broken Sagat is.

Despite my complaints, I still have fun.
Could you tell me what exactly makes charge characters break the game any different than in SFIV?

I really don't think Sagat is good enough to where you can just decide on a whim to make money with Sagat and win. :|

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Dude... Why would you play a game you don't enjoy to prove a point (i'm assuming that you don't enjoy the game that is)? Is your lust for vengeance that strong? You're the loser in that scenario, considering that's time you could be getting better at brawl.
The game i do not hate, i actually like melee, and always have, i played it before brawl came out. it's some of the melee players (not just NC) is why i will not get into the scene.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Well, that changes the question entirely. Why do you let people get in the way of something you enjoy?
well... i like melee, i just like brawl alot more. and being around people i do not like is not worth it, when i can play the game i like the most.

vZakat

Half Genie
Keith is actually pretty decent at melee. I actually have to think when I play him.

And Lee's post made me lol hardcore. :)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Could you tell me what exactly makes charge characters break the game any different than in SFIV?

I really don't think Sagat is good enough to where you can just decide on a whim to make money with Sagat and win. :|
Their movesets completely shutdown a lot of characters options.

Examples of characters I use, Cody and Cammy. They have to work ridiculously hard just to get a quarter off Balrog/E Honda/Guile/Dictator's health bars.

Cammy sees a Sonic Boom, she can focus unless Guile follows it. She can't jump over it (neutral or angled) because Guile will punish. She has to block and then Guile can chip away at her health almost free. EX Spiral Arrow can get her out of Sonic Boom pressure, but if Cammy guess wrong that's 1/8 of her health gone. Cannon Spike can help against Guile's stupid normals, but a good Guile isn't going to be so close to be easily hit like that and Cammy (who needs meter to actually do work) burns half her bar if she doesn't want to get wrecked. The one thing she really has on Guile is her cross-up since he hates those, but the issue is knocking him down and her cross-up is j.LK. Not very good. She could try Cannon Strike pressure too, but Guile can just hold downback, tech grabs, and Flash Kick.

In Super, these characters literally got nothing but buffs, especially Guile whom I hate the most.

Sagat, I know he isn't just pick up and win. I know he isn't THAT broken, but I am currently the best or second best (tied with a Ryu/Rufus player) in Alabama, but that isn't saying much since Alabama has so few people. I have been traveling out of state a lot though, so I am experienced enough to say that I can do work.

Purple

Hi guys!
Their movesets completely shutdown a lot of characters options.

Examples of characters I use, Cody and Cammy. They have to work ridiculously hard just to get a quarter off Balrog/E Honda/Guile/Dictator's health bars.

Cammy sees a Sonic Boom, she can focus unless Guile follows it. She can't jump over it (neutral or angled) because Guile will punish. She has to block and then Guile can chip away at her health almost free. EX Spiral Arrow can get her out of Sonic Boom pressure, but if Cammy guess wrong that's 1/8 of her health gone. Cannon Spike can help against Guile's stupid normals, but a good Guile isn't going to be so close to be easily hit like that and Cammy (who needs meter to actually do work) burns half her bar if she doesn't want to get wrecked. The one thing she really has on Guile is her cross-up since he hates those, but the issue is knocking him down and her cross-up is j.LK. Not very good. She could try Cannon Strike pressure too, but Guile can just hold downback, tech grabs, and Flash Kick.

In Super, these characters literally got nothing but buffs, especially Guile whom I hate the most.

Sagat, I know he isn't just pick up and win. I know he isn't THAT broken, but I am currently the best or second best (tied with a Ryu/Rufus player) in Alabama, but that isn't saying much since Alabama has so few people. I have been traveling out of state a lot though, so I am experienced enough to say that I can do work.
Charge characters naturally shut down other characters though. At least it was portrayed that way in Turbo as well.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Also, Keith, when are you coming down to the great sALABAMAr
I'm actually not going to Tuskegee anymore :( but its all good. next semester im done with wake tech and will be getting my associates degree. i will probably transfer to ECU in January.

vZakat

Half Genie
Maria, when are you going to beat my puff. Oh right, never. :lick:

Oh and lee, to make me think you have to have good spacing and read techs. Keith is pretty good at that since that's pretty important to brawl.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I can't listen to just a single song. it makes me want to punch babies when I look at someones ipod and its just random songs everywhere.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
I think Foxy is waiting for Ledger to get a venue, then they'll start hosting brawl tournaments.

And I'll try to work on that, David. It's hard without people to play with though.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
why are you guys always talking about me on here.. i dont know anything about brawl i play this game as a joke.. you should be more worried about how much better looking i am than you

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
I can't listen to just a single song. it makes me want to punch babies when I look at someones ipod and its just random songs everywhere.
you hate my music then...

seriously... like 1500 songs 300 artists

perpetual groove has like 150 songs to themselves... then some old korn, linkin park and other such have an album or 2

Diatenshi

Smash Lord

2pac 2 songs
2 seconds to mars 2 songs
acdc 6 songs
adema 2 songs
aerosmith 10 songs
afi 2 songs
alice in chains 2 songs
all that remains 2 songs

errr... yea its like that for a bunch of the way down the list

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0

2pac 2 songs
2 seconds to mars 2 songs
acdc 6 songs
adema 2 songs
aerosmith 10 songs
afi 2 songs
alice in chains 2 songs
all that remains 2 songs

errr... yea its like that for a bunch of the way down the list
get out.

loljk still <3 you matt

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I like how much discussion we have in our spam thread.

Watch Stongers to see a high-level Brawl player. He's better than me at that game and always improving. Have faith in him and have him teach you.

Top Bottom