• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Purple

Hi guys!
Im not talking about mindgames. im strictly talking about how smart one individual is over another.
The idea of camping in Brawl is much more accepted. So like I said before, there are much more aspects in Brawl then just mindgames and smarts. However I will say that PP has at some point in his career probably been camped, aggressively pressured, etc. etc. So he has a basic idea of getting out of situations such as that.

btw I edited my last post.

I'm assuming everyone's trolling about Keith, also, Snap, who is that in your avvie? Wtf is going on there.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
No, im pretty bad. If you read the pr's, stingers says that they dont matter cause we all suck, so no matter how high I am on there.... we all still suck.

until i get wifi and start practicing with HUMANS everyday.

Purple

Hi guys!
I see... so it's just a title to all of you. Why do you guys have a PR then? It's nothing to look up to if you all seriously think you all suck. Out of the suckfest, you're the fourth best, that's how it should be right?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Well, Dr. Peepee beat (or got close to beating) ChuDat. Who's **** good. Also Melee mindgames and such do follow into Brawl. You can't really think that someone who is missing four years of experience, would beat PP off the bat. It takes time. Many top level Brawl players came from Melee, this just shows that on a lighter scale.
Just because Brawl emphasizes smart play over knowledge doesn't make my point invalid. The point is that even though everyone else has been improving and learning new stuff about Brawl specifically for over a year, and PP has probably not improved much at all from when he wasn't even a premier national player, everyone still loses to him. Basically, look at PP's performance a year ago in regional level tourneys in Brawl. Give him the benefit of the doubt and bump him up a placement. That's the cut-off for how good NC is in Brawl. Sure, it's not shamefully bad, but it's not what I would call good.

If you don't want to involve, Kevin, though, then I suppose you can just scan the Pound 4 results for NC Sma-- oh wait, none of them made it to brackets.

Edit: Also, Keith sucks my big one.

As opposed to my little one.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Well, I use a lot of characters, but my Abel is very clearly the best one I perform with and I use Sagat, Seth, and Cammy for his bad match-ups (Bison, Akuma, and to lesser extents Zangief, T. Hawk).

There are a lot of things I disagree with though. For starters, the game is still awfully unbalanced and I think charge characters break way too many match-ups. Of the 10 new characters, 3 of them are actually good. Some characters were intentionally made to be bad (as said by Ono) like Dan/Makoto and he also said Capcom intends to make Sagat top tier in every game. On top of that, Capcom straight up lied about some of the changes they've made. I suspect Super was created by chimpanzees because, despite everyone's disagreements, they still kept in selectable Ultras which will and probably already has led to the same thing as Street Fighter III. One Ultra is going to be better than the other in almost all areas for almost all match-ups and the other will be eclipsed into nothingness forever. Also, counter Ultras are ridiculously terrible.

Vanilla SFIV is even worse for balancing and the only reason I would go back to it is if I really badly wanted money with how broken Sagat is.

Despite my complaints, I still have fun.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
phoot, pp stop playing brawl for four months... not a year lol. he quit in January completely, and the last bilfest was like in april(where he entered brawl). he did still beat everyone, but i doubt if anyone quit for a year, they could come back and still win tourneys.

Purple

Hi guys!
lol roxy you take everything mad serious.
lol I act so much differently offline. It's just i just use online to actually discuss subjects,s o if there's something I interested in I take it seriously to discuss it. I don't troll very much anymore. On top of that you can't tell sarcasm online considering you can't hear changes in tone, so I take everything people say seriously as well.

Purple

Hi guys!
Just because Brawl emphasizes smart play over knowledge doesn't make my point invalid. The point is that even though everyone else has been improving and learning new stuff about Brawl specifically for over a year, and PP has probably not improved much at all from when he wasn't even a premier national player, everyone still loses to him. Basically, look at PP's performance a year ago in regional level tourneys in Brawl. Give him the benefit of the doubt and bump him up a placement. That's the cut-off for how good NC is in Brawl. Sure, it's not shamefully bad, but it's not what I would call good.

If you don't want to involve, Kevin, though, then I suppose you can just scan the Pound 4 results for NC Sma-- oh wait, none of them made it to brackets.

Edit: Also, Keith sucks my big one.

As opposed to my little one.
Well, the problem with your logic (In my opinion, please note that this is my opinion, this doesn't make you wrong, just wrong in my eyes) is that you're saying they suck in comparison to people who get top 8/16 at a National Brawl tournament. In that logic, everyone in Georgia sucks too except for Biglou, In fact, everyone sucks in Florida and Alabama too. What's good or bad is relative. The fact that they know the basics of the game and their character, know basic percents that attacks do, frame data, etc. Shows that they are knowledgeable, and to an extent, 'good'. I'm sure that if every player on your PR played against a horde of casual players, the difference in game play would be astounding. They would absolutely **** them.

When I say they are good, I am not saying they are high-level players who will get money at MLG events or anything of the sort, I'm saying they are 'good'; decent, good enough to get by. So neither of us are wrong, because we have our own perspectives (yours being you're not good until you place top 8/16, mine being understanding the game, how it works, understanding how your character plays, and being able to perform those actions is good).

So yeah :|

I personally like watching Hbox play jigglypuff.

lord karn

Smash Master
Well, Florida has Seibrik and a couple other players who place well. In all honesty, the south has far fewer good players than a lot of other more concentrated regions.

Purple

Hi guys!
Well, Florida has Seibrik and a couple other players who place well. In all honesty, the south has far fewer good players than a lot of other more concentrated regions.
1st (10)Mew2King
2nd (12)AllyOrNotAlly
3rd (3)TyRaNt-WC
4th (160)ESAM
5th (11)TheRealDSF
6th (1)The_ADHD
7th (2)DEHF
8th (20)Lounis
9th (4)Atomsk92
10th (13)mikeHAZE
11th (176)NickRiddle
12th (8)FatalMatt
13th (123)LeeMartin
14th (151)CO18
15th (156)HRnut
16th (74)Cloudstealth

However, would you consider this making everyone under these people 'bad'? Just because they don't have the top 16 results?

By the way, I take back my statement of florida sucking, considering looking at this, three of the top players got top 16, which is a pretty good show out.

I don't know, I just think the idea of leaving the fact of being good to the tournament results is a silly idea. Everyone is 'good', it's a matter of who's exceptional, which is what I think ph00t meant.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wow didnt know the south did that good. WC ***** though :(

edit Roxy- lee martin needs to be highlighted aswell, he is from Louisiana, thats considered south.

**** it snap no i dont, the only reason i would play melee is to shut up people like dark hart and make them kill themselves by losing to a brawl player that does not practice this game. Stingers tried it, he even made it to the prs. But yeah, i would love to team with you some time.

Purple

Hi guys!
wow didnt know the south did that good. WC ***** though :(

edit Roxy- lee martin needs to be highlighted aswell, he is from Louisiana, thats considered south.

**** it snap no i dont, the only reason i would play melee is to shut up people like dark hart and make them kill themselves by losing to a brawl player that does not practice this game. Stingers tried it, he even made it to the prs. But yeah, i would love to team with you some time.
Dude... Why would you play a game you don't enjoy to prove a point (i'm assuming that you don't enjoy the game that is)? Is your lust for vengeance that strong? You're the loser in that scenario, considering that's time you could be getting better at brawl.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
YES LEE. yes.

And kieth i honestly think your good and that NC lacks one good jiggs player.

i think your **** and i want to prove to you that melee players arent *******s. just lucas and theo.

Purple

Hi guys!
You can't generalize a player's attitude based on the game you play.

There are melee players that are *******s; ignoring that fact will get you hurt :|

Oh wait sorry.
*click*

herpa derpa derp.

Top Bottom