• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
I'd go if other people would be down.

Can you get locals to come? That helps a lot.
I only know a couple of people locally who would probably come, I'll keep finding out more about the scene here. Which is part of why I'm posting this too I guess.

i'd drive down there
Great. Btw are there any particular dates that work/don't work for people?

BEHR

Smash Hero
weekends man stick to weekends and usually days not around big holidays.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Kevin can you play right now or like in a couple hours?

you got a setup in your dorm?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
dates that don't work for me:

nothing right before or after the 25th of september(my birthday), not october 6th preferably.

behr: not now. I have a setup but it's small lol.

BEHR

Smash Hero
dates that don't work for me:

nothing right before or after the 25th of september(my birthday), not october 6th preferably.

behr: not now. I have a setup but it's small lol.
pp your number kevbo <33 so I can ask for tips and stuff when I think about something smash related in class. or just feeling say hi teehee ;]

alsoo ill be at johnnys tonight again sooo hit me up homieee

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
There's already a strong monthly in Charlotte, if we could get a consistent decent Melee turnout.

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
Oh right I kinda forgot about ReSe since I couldn't make the last one.... I should be able to go to the upcoming one, see what it's like and see if people would want another Charlotte tournament I guess. Idk anything about the venue for ReSe but I feel like the places available on a college campus make for a pretty god venue so a UNCC tourney might have that going for it.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Oh right I kinda forgot about ReSe since I couldn't make the last one.... I should be able to go to the upcoming one, see what it's like and see if people would want another Charlotte tournament I guess. Idk anything about the venue for ReSe but I feel like the places available on a college campus make for a pretty god venue so a UNCC tourney might have that going for it.
That would be a pretty impressive venue. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

BEHR

Smash Hero
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ please do it johnny

oh also shout to the money mike slouch

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Yo people should definitely go to ReSe. He wants to give the community more exposure but when people don't show up it only makes the community beef make more and more sense.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
yeah people should go, but no one does.

I'm only going next time if more people confirm. showing up to no melee tourney left me with a bad taste in my mouth and it has nothing to do with the FGC.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
ReSe costs way more than other locals and it's way the **** out in nowhere. 3hr drive +gas +higher entry for a tournament that's the same as everywhere else? I don't see the appeal

big sleep

չչչ
ben, u dont come to **** anyway

like not even in raleigh

we gotta like, host a tourney in your ****in bedroom for you to make an appearance...

so yea

johns

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Charlotte is the middle of nowhere?

The venue fee is more, but it's worth it (not to mention you get comped for bringing a full setup). The venue is huge, it's air conditioned, tons of free parking, food in walking distance. Brian is an excellent TO, too.

This tourney is the business, ask any Brawl player. There's no BS from the FG players. If money is an issue, I'm sure Brian would be willing to run melee for $5 to get people out there.

BEHR

Smash Hero
^^^What he said

so fine ill go.

im bringing my gf to so

ill have two spots open in my car for who wants to come or three if someone wants to ride ***** in the middle

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
ben, u dont come to **** anyway

like not even in raleigh

we gotta like, host a tourney in your ****in bedroom for you to make an appearance...

so yea

johns
Gonna make a comeback soon don't worry.

EDIT:

Charlotte is the middle of nowhere?

The venue fee is more, but it's worth it (not to mention you get comped for bringing a full setup). The venue is huge, it's air conditioned, tons of free parking, food in walking distance. Brian is an excellent TO, too.

This tourney is the business, ask any Brawl player. There's no BS from the FG players. If money is an issue, I'm sure Brian would be willing to run melee for $5 to get people out there.
From Raleigh Asheboro, Greensboro, Chapel Hill, and Durham are all other popular smash venues (in the past/some presently) that are closer, and significantly closer at that. Even ECU is a shorter drive. I just figured no one else wanted to be the bad guy and say it but that's basically what it comes down to I'm pretty sure.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Guys I hosted four of the greatest tournaments in the games history in charlotte and everyone came.

No johns.

@ben Ur right and ur wrong

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Being the center of attention for a day isn't something you can just pass up on. Get out there and celebrate your birth kevin

:phone:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
oh man

well um

does anyone have any suggestions?

keep in mind the 25th is on a tuesday so the weekend before or after my bday is usable I suppose

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I have to spend the entire weekend studying for tests, unfortunately.

EDIT: This was directed at Mahone, because flan's post didn't exist when I wrote this. It applies to him too, though.

Top Bottom