• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So yesterday I taught my friend how to knee with Falcon, and today he got a KO using it. I felt proud. Then I played more, and felt like PP looked at NWM. Then we had a spare period, so I played Melee the whole time. Then I really felt like PP at NWM. From now on when I want to say I'm bored, I'm going to say that I feel like PP at NWM.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I was cheering for you the whole time. When everyone else in the stream cheered for west coast, I was cheering for NC. When people in the stream said you needed a beard, I agreed with them. When people in the stream said you should go Kirby against everyone, I supported them, because I was the only one saying that.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure that's starting right when I'm moving into my dorm, so I can't make any guarantees about going. It'd be a lot of fun, though. If there are crews at it, then NC needs to put together a good one and wipe out everyone else.

EDIT: I want all of you to do something for me.

Look at this picture: http://static.tumblr.com/1uzuq2f/nJfl8pvxp/ganondorf_by_rinerdar.jpg
Now think about how I look.
Now look back at the picture.
Now think about how I look.

I just noticed that the other day.

EDIT2: So now Kage's going to FC. That means I really don't want to miss it.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You're just jealous that you don't resemble him. I've been showing that to my friends, and they're all like "Wow, you're identical." Now all I need is grey/green skin and red hair.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Who says I'm not evil already? I've eaten desert before dinner many times. And I've killed a lot of people with my Fair, Dair, and reverse Uair. I've even killed people with a purple fist punch.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Didn't your girlfriend break up with you because you tried to teach her how to wavedash, or something?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm going to be at state tomorrow, and available for over an hour starting around 3. So, if any of you want to play, let me know.

Mahone

Smash Champion
http://lesswrong.com/lw/hz/correspondence_bias/

I think the community as a whole would benefit from having read and understanding this. If you know it already, cool, read it again. If you don't know it, give it a look or skip right over. I really like this section of the sequences.

Also, sup guys.
"Less Wrong is a community blog devoted to refining the art of human rationality."

OMFG xD MY SIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahone

Smash Champion
nothing, i'm actually planning on going on the week-long program for $1500...

"I do not say this lightly... but if you're looking for superpowers, this is the place to start.”

--Michael Curzi, summer 2011 minicamp participant

Who: You and a class full of other aspiring rationalists and world-optimizers, from around the world.

What: Two 3-day weekend minicamps and one 8-day minicamp, filled with hands-on activities for applying rationality to your life, your goals, and the making of a better world. (See details in the FAQ.)

When and where: We're running three camps, so that we can do this for three sets of participants: May 11-13 and June 22-24 for the 3-day camps, and July 21-28 for the eight-day camp, all in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Why: Because you’re a social primate, and the best way to jump into a new way of thinking, make friends, and accomplish your goals is often to spend time with other primates who are doing just that.

Other reasons:

Hang out and explore the Bay Area with two dozen other people like you who are smart, interesting, and passionate about rationality
Attend bonus sessions about style, body language, and confidence-building.
Get help charting out career paths; and, entirely optionally for those interested, connect with folks at the Singularity Institute about optimal philanthropy.

there's absolutely nothing funny about any of this

Mahone

Smash Champion
naw, the sad truth is, it isn't funny.

it isn't ever going to be funny to you snap, it's not funny to josh, and it's not funny to pp... i'd say 99% of the people on this site wouldn't find it funny...

you're so lucky... it's lonely when you're the only one who gets the joke

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
i didn't find the article too funny... i mean i grinned while reading it, but just from me trying to relate..

as in, if I saw someone kick a drink machine i would probably advise them to do it harder so it drops out. if i had been drinking, i'd probably man handle that ***** so we both get one. especially someone who would never approach the situation like that and looked sincerely bothered from the thing taking their money. they in turn learn how to 1up the heinous machine / follow in the footsteps of greatness.

BEES

Smash Lord
Eh, I have work. Makes it difficult to get to Raleigh on weekdays. Although it's Friday so if there's something in the evening, sure.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm going to be leaving State in about half an hour.

On a different note, I just got accepted into the Honors program. That means next year I'll be at the honors quad. So, if any of you guys want to play Melee, my Gamecube will always be setup.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That's cool. The CRT I was picking up here turned out to not have a composite input, so I couldn't use it anyway.

big sleep

չչչ
@bees: whenever you wanna play hit me up... 3366011716. i'm trying to get as much melee in as possible, so if ur free, and you are willing to drive, i'll work you in to my super not busy schedule.

@mahone: wtf come smash

BEES

Smash Lord
@Rontology, are you in Raleigh? I'm up for heading over Sunday. I have a full setup. 919-260-5473
@Karn, we're still on, any time that works for ya
@vZakat, dittos plz

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Bees:

Cam(Rontology) is in Chapel Hill and doesn't generally have a car available, except for when he does...

Alex (Karn) is also generally living in Chapel Hill but is occasionally in Raleigh, mainly during Summer.

David (vZakat) lives in Raleigh but has no vehicle and is difficult to coerce out of his home...but when you do, the reward of his company is blissful.

The choices are yours and yours alone,

Good luck.

Top Bottom