• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nayru's Love, True Power of the Goddess

L-T!

Smash Apprentice
NAYRU'S LOVE

This is my first real thread, so I'm sorry if I sound like a n00b or if I repeat things that people already know. Please send feedback and if I miss anything please tell me.

THIS IS STILL IN THE PROCESS OF BEING EDITED, PLEASE REMAIN KIND UNTIL IT'S DONE. THEN YOU CAN TRASH IT ALL YOU WANT!!!

Zelda's Neutral B, nobody seems to use it enough. I'm guessing that this is because they don't know how, when, or where to use it. Some people might not even know what it does. Don't worry, that's exactly what this guide is for.

(Great Fairy Fountian)
Startup: 1-12
Hitbox: 13-
Cooldown:
IASA: frame 60
IF: 5-11

It can be useful in many ways.

1. It's a good "Get away from me" move. By doing this, it doesn't just get them away from you, it propels them in front of you. This can be useful.

(Stuff to add/expand on)

Does 3 damage each hit, 5 hits total. that's 15% from a quick move.

If you're falling from above and your opponent starts charging a smash you can use it to stall in the air for a few frames, the downside to this is that you can't DI while doing this move.

Zelda's reflector lasts really long and is also an item converter. It takes control of things like Snakes Mortar, and Pikachu's Thunder.

Due to its speed it can be very useful for when you're getting comboed.

Reverse Nayru should lead into a good dair spike or fair Lightning Kick. This is most notably used by NinjaLink for the very last kill of this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg-2JssmAzg.

A reverse Nayru's is done by first hitting B then quickly hitting the opposite direction before the attack actually begins. You don't hit the direction first.

Run at the edge and let go of the control stick and hit B. You can do a kind of sliding off edged Nayru's. I don't know what else to call it... it is kinda like what happens with Sheik's up b only not really as good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8dH6_0YwD4

You can ledge warp then reverse nayru's for a cool gimp or for some surprise damage.

It can be used as sort of a mini Fox's shine because it stalls you in the air for the first few frames.

It can punish spot dodgers well since it lasts so long.

Double Edit: There is also the Nayru jump, but that is discussed in the Zelda guide.

I remember making a thread that Nayru's could stop Luigi's Jab->anything. Especially his jab->UpB. Perhaps Nayru's can stop many jab->grabs from characters.

Invincibility frames. You can stop many characters Final Smashes with it.

Yeah, invincibility frames for first 5 frames i think (?), and then the attacks come out. A decent counter, but easily punishable because of lag. Don't spam it

It's a great out of shield option

From what I (Darkmusician) understand invincibility begins from the 5th to the 11th frame of the move. Not the first 5 frames but FROM the 5th frame.

So essentially any move that comes out in 4 frames or less if both said move and Love come out at the same time you won't be protected by the invincibility.

This is all I have written so far, but I shall be updating it on a regular basis.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Not bad, this could turn out to be a very informative thread. Let's see how you do with this project

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I'm pretty sure one of the stickied guides at the top already talks about this move... But as long as I'm here, I'll say that I usually use this move when I'm stuck falling just above an enemy and forced to move down on them. I would then use NL as a substitute for Zelda's lack of a good dair on grounded opponents. That in addition to using it for deflecting stuff and pushing enemies away in front of me, of course.

Also, welcome to the Zelda boards!

Edit: I just realized what you're doing, lol. If you can make a comprehensive list of every use for Nayru's Love that would be amazing. Of course one method you'll need to mention is reverse Nayru's, where you jump up from a ledge, quickly tap the control stick to the opposite direction and then press B to start Nayru's Love. Any nearby enemies will then be shoved off the ledge into the new direction you're now facing. This should lead into a good dair spike or fair Lightning Kick. This is most notably used by NinjaLink for the very last kill of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg-2JssmAzg

L-T!

Smash Apprentice
Wow! I didn't think I'd get a reply that quickly, and thank you for welcoming me on these boards.
Yes I am writing a thread on Nayru's Love and all of it's uses. I might eventually progress to writing all of her special moves, but as for right now I'm focusing on the one move.
If you can help in anyway feel free.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Well, I just gave you two more uses for it, lol, but feel free to add them or discuss them at your leisure whenever you like (not trying to force you or rush you lolol)

1. When forced to a position falling directly on top of the enemy. Used as a substitute for Zelda's lack of a good dair against grounded opponents.
  2. Reverse Nayru's - (detailed description) lol

Again, if you want to talk about these first go ahead. I haven't seen my first Nayru's Love method mentioned anywhere else here on the Zelda boards, so perhaps there's a better alternative for this scenario. . .

And I've never been able to get Reverse Nayru's Love right. I either do it too slowly or accidentally cast Din's Fire off the edge, lol. But apparently it can be done!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
A reverse Nayru's is done by first hitting B then quickly hitting the opposite direction before the attack actually begins. You don't hit the direction first.

Uses that I am aware of/use myself

Run at the edge and let go of the control stick and hit B. You can do a kind of sliding off edged Nayru's. I don't know what else to call it... it is kinda like what happens with Sheik's up b only not really as good.

You can ledge warp then reverse nayru's for a cool gimp or for some surprise damage.

It can be used as sort of a mini Fox's shine because it stalls you in the air for the first few frames.

It can punish spot dodgers well since it lasts so long.

Welcome to the Zelda boards! Shouldn't you have been here like... a couple months ago?!?

Double Edit: There is also the Nayru jump, but that is discussed in the Zelda guide.
and you should check out the Zelda Community Center stickied here. You can introduce yourself and tell Red Bandit your info so he can put you in the list with the rest of the tourney Zelda's. (all -900 of us)

L-T!

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I would have joined sooner, but I just got the internet a few weeks ago, and I made one account but it didn't let me post anything so I made a new one. and GodAtHand I need to play you again, I've gotten much better since our last Zelda ditto.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Ironically it seems there is much that you are unaware of. Check the stickies.

In particular the Zelda guide and Great Fairy Fountain.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I remember making a thread that Nayru's could stop Luigi's Jab->anything. Especially his jab->UpB. Perhaps Nayru's can stop many jab->grabs from characters.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, invincibility frames for first 5 frames i think (?), and then the attacks come out. A decent counter, but easily punishable because of lag. Don't spam it

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Someone get accurate frame data on this move. I'm in search of it.
Credit goes to NinjaLink for telling me the following.

From what I understand invincibility begins from the 5th to the 11th frame of the move. Not the first 5 frames but FROM the 5th frame.

So essentially any move that comes out in 4 frames or less if both said move and Love come out at the same time you won't be protected by the invincibility.

The moves begins reflecting from the 3rd frame onwards.

NinjaLink if I am mistaken in this let me know. Shoots.

Top Bottom