• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nature's Calling - Nakoruru for Smash! (Maybe next season?)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I love this idea. My main question is: What series would that character be listed as from?
King of Fighters?

And the character name is “King of Fighters” and you play as Nakoruru, Terry Bogard, and Kyo Kusanagi like you already do with Pokémon Trainer’s Pokémon.

Oh! I just love to entertain this idea whether the leaks are true or not!

amageish

Smash Master
Context? I feel like I am missing something very obvious when it comes to this user.
They're a new-ish leaker who leaked the indie showcase. They entered the scene with Sabi's endorsement right away to the point where Sabi has routinely had to clarify that they aren't her.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
They're a new-ish leaker who leaked the indie showcase. They entered the scene with Sabi's endorsement right away to the point where Sabi has routinely had to clarify that they aren't her.
Oof, yeah, that seems very strong. Speaking of Sabi, NanaKarobi commented on and retweeted this post Sabi just made.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This seems ominous.

amageish

Smash Master
Oof, yeah, that seems very strong. Speaking of Sabi, NanaKarobi commented on and retweeted this post Sabi just made.
This seems ominous.
I am super duper confused about that post. Like, what could it mean? Is the trailer going to hint at character 5? As Terry doesn't make me have any instant feelings about the final character, beyond the fact that we seem to be getting a male-only Fighter's Pass....

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am super duper confused about that post. Like, what could it mean? Is the trailer going to hint at character 5? As Terry doesn't make me have any instant feelings about the final character, beyond the fact that we seem to be getting a male-only Fighter's Pass....
That's the mystery, but it seems both Sabi and Nana are in on it and know. Some people are thinking that there is a true leak out there that included Terry and someone else.

amageish

Smash Master
That's the mystery, but it seems both Sabi and Nana are in on it and know. Some people are thinking that there is a true leak out there that included Terry and someone else.
I guess this?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I guess this?

I am seeing people bring it up, but apparently people are thinking it's from something farther back, at least that is the thought process in the Geno thread. Plus, Sabi seems to have guessed that people would look at this post and found it funny, as if it's off mark.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This seems ominous.
Interesting choice of words.

“This character is gonna lead to people assuming a certain other one is #5.”

Why would a second character make people assume it is DLC #5? Could that second character supposedly be part of DLC #4?

Maybe it is a King of Fighters team?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Interesting choice of words.

“This character is gonna lead to people assuming a certain other one is #5.”

Why would a second character make people assume it is DLC #5? Could that second character supposedly be part of DLC #4?

Maybe it is a King of Fighters team?
So it could be possible that we could see two SNK characters as DLC?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So it could be possible that we could see two SNK characters as DLC?
It is possible if two or three SNK characters could get in as a single fighter... like Pokémon Trainer. That’s the idea behind a King of Fighters character.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It is possible if two or three SNK characters could get in as a single fighter... like Pokémon Trainer. That’s the idea behind a King of Fighters character.
You know, I could imagine that could be an interesting idea especially since all King of Fighters games are usually in a 3v3 gameplay mechanic.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Tbh while I wanted Nakoruru I always knew that Terry would have priority over her. If it's true that Terry is the one getting in then that is a shame for Nakoruru, but I'm certain we'll at least get some representation of her or SamSho.

KoF is a bit different from your typical 3v3 in that it's 1v1 but when your character dies you change into a new one. It's not like MvC where you can switch characters at an instant (the only KoF games that were like this were 2003 and XI). Because of this and the excessive amount of effort that'd have to go into making 3 fighters, I don't see us getting a Pokemon Trainer-style character.

amageish

Smash Master
So, basically hoping that like how Erdrick was leaked instead of the four versions of Hero, Terry was leaked in spite of other KoF characters being present too?

That's a risky bet, and not one I would take myself, but it would be cool if it happened.

I'm not too surprised Terry is being chosen, but I still definitely feel a bit down about it. I'm not usually the type to get sad about Smash picks, but Nakoruru had so many random seemingly-unrelated leaks/rumors going for her that I had kind of built myself up. Oh well...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
KoF is a bit different from your typical 3v3 in that it's 1v1 but when your character dies you change into a new one. It's not like MvC where you can switch characters at an instant (the only KoF games that were like this were 2003 and XI). Because of this and the excessive amount of effort that'd have to go into making 3 fighters, I don't see us getting a Pokemon Trainer-style character.
So... the King of Fighters character would be like the final battle in Smash Tour from SSB4 Wii U.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Out of the more popular snk characters, nakoruru would probably be my favorite. Her or Yuri.

For now there's just talk, and maybe a bit too much of it.. until we get something more concrete.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I'm gonna wait until more stuff comes out regarding Terry before calling it quits for Nako, but..... man things are not looking good for our girl. I kinda had a bad feeling when Sabi said the character was gonna be from King of Fighters, and this certainly isn't helping. Oh well, Terry looks like he'd be neat anyway, so I'm not complaining

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So... the King of Fighters character would be like the final battle in Smash Tour from SSB4 Wii U.
I don't see the switching characters mechanic being included in their actual moveset, since it'd pretty much require Sakurai to make 3 characters. This is the type of thing you'd see get incorporated into their classic mode, and it's already sort of represented through Squad Strike. Plus if Sakurai were to go that route, he'd probably go with Kyo/Benimaru/Daimon instead of Kyo/Terry/Nakoruru since the first group composes the main Hero team in most KoF games.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Honestly, I say we should just ignore everything and wait for the direct to be sure. Regardless I'm going to be prepared for Terry to happen.

amageish

Smash Master
Sabi flip flopping again. I don’t believe her anymore except for the SNK part in general

She just keeps going around in circles but I guess Nakoruru’s back up... again
Sorry, I can't hear you over the whiplash today has given me.

I guess we won't know for sure until Thursday, but Terry being leaked by that other person is a good sign for his odds. That person is notable because of Sabi's endorsements, after all - though it is weird that she isn't directly supporting them if she knows them that well.

Changing the topic slightly, I bought SNK Tag Team Heroines on a whim today. I spent a long time on the character select going "Where is everyone I know?" before realizing that it has a gimmick of everyone wearing embarassing outfits. I feel much less comfortable with my decision to buy this game now... Time to unlock some actual clothes!

D

Deleted member

I guess we won't know for sure until Thursday, but Terry being leaked by that other person is a good sign for his odds. That person is notable because of Sabi's endorsements, after all - though it is weird that she isn't directly supporting them if she knows them that well.

Changing the topic slightly, I bought SNK Tag Team Heroines on a whim today. I spent a long time on the character select going "Where is everyone I know?" before realizing that it has a gimmick of everyone wearing embarassing outfits. I feel much less comfortable with my decision to buy this game now... Time to unlock some actual clothes!
Have fun with the fanservice game!
TLDP I think that the gameplay's kinda like PSABR with the whole "end the game with a finisher" type of thing.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Yeah, though Nana is willing to support Sabi, like they have done today.

You can unlock there original looks. Rather weird game though.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Man this past week in smash speculation has just been a headache. First it's Tracer, then Hayabusa, then like five different SNK characters, then Nakoruru, then definitely Terry, and now it's maybe Terry???? This direct cannot get here soon enough because I want off Sabi's wild ride ASAP

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man this past week in smash speculation has just been a headache headache. First it's Tracer, then Hayabusa, then like five different SNK characters, then Nakoruru, then definitely Terry, and now it's maybe Terry???? This direct cannot get here soon enough because I want off Sabi's wild ride ASAP
Whether that's that, I'm certain that we're still getting SNK Characters.

Nakoruru squad PAIGHTING

amageish

Smash Master
Have fun with the fanservice game!
TLDP I think that the gameplay's kinda like PSABR with the whole "end the game with a finisher" type of thing.
It's on me for not having googled it before buying it haha.

I had known it was part of the trend of relatively-streamlined fighters that were happening for a while, but this is very very very simplified...

zferolie

Smash Hero
Technically Verge has been wrong, the SE fighter timing, Minecraft content, not knowing hero or plant... still this isn't looking great.

But still, its possible Terry is just part of it? maybe that tag team mechanic? maybe its just all a big bait too? like it may look like its gonna be terry but it isn't(like all those Steve rumors as playable) Or he's just a spirit? Who knows at this point. I think with these leaks flying around its.... almost too obvious too. Plus the nintendo direct has to be just a few days away with all these news flying around.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Annnnd now there's someone again saying Verge was wrong despite people saying he's always right. Which is it folks! Which is it!? Make up your minds already!!!!

Also Minecraft content might come in the form of when Banjo releases as Mii costumes like Steve (:ultswordfighter:) and Creeper hat.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Annnnd now there's someone again saying Verge was wrong despite people saying he's always right. Which is it folks! Which is it!? Make up your minds already!!!!

Also Minecraft content might come in the form of when Banjo releases as Mii costumes like Steve (:ultswordfighter:) and Creeper hat.
I was just saying haha. I mean, its likely Terry, i just hope hes more interesting then I am imagining you know? Plus agian, no females in the DLC makes me sad. Ending on Terry and Ryu would be lame.

amageish

Smash Master

Simple, Micheal: Verge is always right, expect when he's wrong! It's not that complicated. /s

Sabi has backed Verge too, BTW. So, uh, does VRPlant want to join the Terry train, as they're the only one who hasn't commented AFIAK.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
What a shocker that immediately after it's revealed we're getting an SNK character, a bunch of people start throwing names out.

I believe nothing that has come out since Nintendo's leak.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What a shocker that immediately after it's revealed we're getting an SNK character, a bunch of people start throwing names out.

I believe nothing that has come out since Nintendo's leak.
Well, that's the thing about leaks. Eventually the whole dam just busts open.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I say we wait to be sure from nintendo themselves. things could still happen, we could get some big surprise even the leakers don't know about.

I know its crazy but I think if terry is in, they would bring a tag team mechanic in to simulate the team base of the KoF games and the recent SNK heroines. I know the normal KoF games don't work like Marvel or DBZ, but I think a bit of leeway could work. Like, I can see Terry fighting, and then Mai or someone assists from the background with some throws or moves, and down B swaps them. a two person swap is less complicated then a 3 person swap as some have suggested, and I can see both honestly fighting almost at the same time, like throws if Terry grabs Mai comes out(or whoever it is) to pubbem, or the smash uses them both to attack, so its still 1 fighter, or more like 1.5 fighters.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Definitely not what I wanted to see. Really feel like quitting smash speculation now :/

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
They'll be getting none of my money if they make the next dlc character anyone other than Nakoruru. I'm tired of this unexciting sausage fest dlc roster.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They'll be getting none of my money if they make the next dlc character anyone other than Nakoruru. I'm tired of this unexciting sausage fest dlc roster.
Unfortunately for me I bought the pass. If I'd known I'd be so disappointed in the dlc roster, I wouldn't have done that so at least I could remove a little bit of the support. I guess even if it's terry there's still a chance for a girl as the 5th spot, but it's not very encouraging right now :O

amageish

Smash Master
I say we wait to be sure from nintendo themselves. things could still happen, we could get some big surprise even the leakers don't know about.

I know its crazy but I think if terry is in, they would bring a tag team mechanic in to simulate the team base of the KoF games and the recent SNK heroines. I know the normal KoF games don't work like Marvel or DBZ, but I think a bit of leeway could work. Like, I can see Terry fighting, and then Mai or someone assists from the background with some throws or moves, and down B swaps them. a two person swap is less complicated then a 3 person swap as some have suggested, and I can see both honestly fighting almost at the same time, like throws if Terry grabs Mai comes out(or whoever it is) to pubbem, or the smash uses them both to attack, so its still 1 fighter, or more like 1.5 fighters.
I mean, it's possible. Things have slipped by leakers before (notably Ritcher's existence and the alternate outfits for Hero), but this would be a pretty big thing to miss. I guess it depends on what the character is called - Terry or uh... King of Fighters Duo?

Unfortunately for me I bought the pass. If I'd known I'd be so disappointed in the dlc roster, I wouldn't have done that so at least I could remove a little bit of the support. I guess even if it's terry there's still a chance for a girl as the 5th spot, but it's not very encouraging right now :O
I mean, Sakurai did say not to buy the pass unless you were very confident you would be happy with anything. I am really surprised by how male the selection has been though...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean, it's possible. Things have slipped by leakers before (notably Ritcher's existence and the alternate outfits for Hero), but this would be a pretty big thing to miss. I guess it depends on what the character is called - Terry or uh... King of Fighters Duo?

I mean, Sakurai did say not to buy the pass unless you were very confident you would be happy with anything. I am really surprised by how male the selection has been though...
Retrospectively I wouldn't get it. I hoped for better even if I didnt have much in mind. That's all I can say.

Top Bottom