• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nature's Calling - Nakoruru for Smash! (Maybe next season?)

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately for me I bought the pass. If I'd known I'd be so disappointed in the dlc roster, I wouldn't have done that so at least I could remove a little bit of the support. I guess even if it's terry there's still a chance for a girl as the 5th spot, but it's not very encouraging right now :O
That really sucks. I guess that really goes to show to never buy season/fighter passes until you know a character(s) you like are in it. I sure as hell would never buy a fighter pass in a million years if I knew it'd be something as lame as this. I'm waiting for an actually exciting character that's female to be added for me to buy individually, but these latest leaks along with the current dlc roster have been killing my hype. I think the only male character that has a reasonably decent chance of becoming a dlc character that I would actually be somewhat excited for and actually purchase would be Sora.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Interestingly enough, Samurai Showdown was actually my first arcade experience, and a really great fighting game. I always preferred it by far to other fighting games, at least until smash came along :)

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Can you add me to the supporters list? I know that it's not really going to do anything but Terry literally plays exactly like Ryu and I thought I'd try to employ the scientific principals of star maths and wishy thinking.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Can you add me to the supporters list? I know that it's not really going to do anything but Terry literally plays exactly like Ryu and I thought I'd try to employ the scientific principals of star maths and wishy thinking.
Just because Terry has similar command inputs as Ryu doesn’t mean they have the same special moves. Saying they literally play exactly the same is just ignorance. :facepalm:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Ugh...I guess it's over. God I was so much rooting for Nakoruru. Samurai Shodown is my favorite fighting game alongside Smash. But hey Terry is cool too and I hope he wil open the way for other SNK characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ugh...I guess it's over. God I was so much rooting for Nakoruru. Samurai Shodown is my favorite fighting game alongside Smash. But hey Terry is cool too and I hope he wil open the way for other SNK characters.
I hope so. If anything, both Terry Bogard and Nakoruru should be the first two SNK characters in Smash. If there was a third SNK character, I’d pick Kyo Kusanagi.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If it turns out to be Terry, there's always the possibility that they'll include his female alt, so that's better than just male Terry, but I'm not getting my hopes up. This DLC has been so disappointing with the lack of females. I wasted $25 on this pass. But I guess it's possible we could get a female for fighter #5

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
It'll be pretty damn sad if we have to hope the last one is female just so we can get one female fighter, and even more sad if R63 Terry ends up the only female character in the pass.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Just because Terry has similar command inputs as Ryu doesn’t mean they have the same special moves. Saying they literally play exactly the same is just ignorance. :facepalm:
They're not exactly the same, but not really different enough, and I was actually talking about Normals, his specials look more akin to Mii Brawler.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I vaguely remember watching some other people play Samurai Showdown when I was very young--and this character always stood out to me. She was actually the first character I tried in Capcom vs SNK 2, due to her leaving an impression. Though I don't know how popular she is, I must agree that she has loads of moveset potential, due to her sidekick Mamahaha.

If not a playable character, I definitely see her making it on the Spirit Board.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hello Everyone, i'd like to show a picture of Nakoruru that i recently made finished today, i gotten interested in the character's design and personality that i really wish she would be in smash bros(but with what's currently going on she might not make it) though i'd like to play her game sometime too.

Here's the picture of her i hope you like it
20190903_180719 (2).jpg

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't forget that Bano & Kazooie are a male and female duo so there's that going at least.

Though I do hope that Bayonetta isn't the only standalone female 3rd party that Nintendo considers adding.

Last edited:

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
I just realized I'm not actually on the support group list despite how much I've been supporting her. Sign me up.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Less then an half hour to go.

Lets cling to that hope at that small chance Verge might be wrong and our favorite bird gal gets in!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, uh, at least we got to see nakoruru there. Just sucks they didn't decide to do a tag team :/

On the plus side, more dlc fighters coming. Really nice that they told us.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The fact that Nakoruru got shown instead of Haohmaru really says something though. If we were to ever get a SamSho rep she'd probably have priority.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Sausage fest DLC.

At this point that second wave needs to be all female.
That would only be fair, but I doubt it will be. We'll be lucky if we get one female for the second wave. But it is great that we're getting a second wave

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
God I'm so disappointed in that Direct and the new dlc character. Nakoruru got robbed. Literally sausage fest dlc roster.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
God I'm so disappointed in that Direct and the new dlc character. Nakoruru got robbed. Literally sausage fest dlc roster.
Yeah I agree. Overall the Direct didn't really have anything I wanted, aside from the second wave of DLC

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Nakoruru definitly was a strong contender for Smash Ultimate according to Terry's reveal trailer. I hope Nintendo, Sakurai and SNK wil have some talk to include a SamSho rep. This is not something impossible for the second wave of DLC.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
For what it's worth, Terry was always the frontrunner for an SNK slot. Except for maybe Kyo I don't think any other SNK could compete with Terry since he's practically the face of the company.

Samurai Shodown 2019 is still doing pretty good so I think she has a chance for season 2. However, if they add her as one of the background characters to Terry's KoF arena stage then I think she's just about done for.

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
For what it's worth, Terry was always the frontrunner for an SNK slot. Except for maybe Kyo I don't think any other SNK could compete with Terry since he's practically the face of the company.

Samurai Shodown 2019 is still doing pretty good so I think she has a chance for season 2. However, if they add her as one of the background characters to Terry's KoF arena stage then I think she's just about done for.
If they add her as a ****ing background character my salt levels will ****ing triple.

D

Deleted member

SAKURAI WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THIS TO USSSSSS!!!

OH WELL I GUESS WE'LL HAVE OUR CHANCE ANOTHER DAY

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If they add her as a ****ing background character my salt levels will ****ing triple.
I accepted the reality that Terry would be the rep yesterday when I saw that both Vergeben and Sabi said it was him. I'm not sure if they'd put both Terry and Nakoruru in though

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
I had made peace with the fact Terry was getting in over his infinitely more interesting rivals from KoF (Nakoruru being chief among them)... until that reveal trailer. lol

It's a shame fighting game protagonists are almost always so dull. SF, KoF... hell even new series like ARMS. I get the reasoning is marketing, but when these series get their turn in Smash, it always results in the most bland characters getting the spotlight instead of the more unique characters, some of whom seriously upstage the main character. (ARMs for example)

I have a lot of respect for KoF, and Terry himself it's just... damn there were so many more interesting choices...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I accepted the reality that Terry would be the rep yesterday when I saw that both Vergeben and Sabi said it was him. I'm not sure if they'd put both Terry and Nakoruru in though
Well, even if the chances are low, that they went with Fatal Fury is still different than Samurai Showdown and all.

Predictabo

Smash Cadet
SNK is so easy to work with that I'll be surprised if they do not get a second character in the future

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Well, even if the chances are low, that they went with Fatal Fury is still different than Samurai Showdown and all.
True, I mean we do have several 3rd party characters from the same series in Smash, so yeah it's possible that they could go with SamSho in the next wave of DLC. Hopefully.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
TBH I was hoping Nakoruru was the SNK rep up until the end. Terry just doesn't strike as much as her to me personally.
And also that trailer...man.
At least I can hope that this is another Chrom situation and Sakurai feels so bad for the blueballed characters that he adds them later...

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Just like Predictabo said SNK seems like an easy company to work with. I mean...SNK has a guest in all the major versus fighting right now (except Mortal Kombat). An other collaboration is not impossible.

I pray for a Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Samurai Shodown.

I'm hype for Terry regardless. He will be fun, will bring nice musics and his stage looks clean. Plus hey the famous Capcom Vs SNK will live once more inside Smash Bros. This is crazy.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
People say I'm shallow for only playing as female anime-like characters in Smash. I want more waifus in Smash but not necessarily big chested, sexual girls in Smash. Is there something so wrong with that?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I'll admit that seeing her fail to get the invite in the trailer hurt my heart a bit, but I'm glad for Terry supporters and excited to see what comes next.

The fact she was in the trailer makes me feel pretty confident she'll be a spirit at least. I hope they have her spirit battle include a small fast Falco.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Well guys, sadly it seems Nakochan did not made it at least this time. Her animation was both sad and cute.

Top Bottom