• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nature's Calling - Nakoruru for Smash! (Maybe next season?)

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Man I'm soooooo hype for Nakoruru in Smash. If not her Marco from Metal Slug God please! (or my boy Tam Tam)

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Sabi is credible, but not infallible so I hope she is wrong about the SNK not being female. Still want to hold on to hope. :p

Predictabo

Smash Cadet
Bit late but where are you seeing this? Official datamining by JP users or something?
Check the Nakoruru (ナコルル) tag on twitter, posts from before the site goof up happened mention this "sakura" leak, dunno where's the source because my japanese is not good

Sabi is credible, but not infallible so I hope she is wrong about the SNK not being female. Still want to hold on to hope. :p
Resetera members are claiming the screencaps are fake.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I've never played a Samurai Showdown game in my life, but after hearing about the SNK character leak, I really freaking want her to be it. I love the concept of her using a hawk as her primary weapon and I absolutely adore her design, so she'd prolly be the best out of left field character for me. Everyone from SNK looks really cool, but Nakoruru in particular always seemed like the most interesting. Plus with the flying weapon leak from a while back, I honestly believe that this might be her

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Good news, Nakoruru’s back on the table, the DM saying “it’s not female or Marco” was fake:

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
Could someone please explain to me what this whole thing is about? How did it start? I’ve been gone a while so I don’t understand... a leak? A new character?

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
Now I’m hyped. A badass girl with a bird? YES PLEASE.

Put me on that support list too, my man

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm about 90% sure that the next character is either Nakoruru or Terry and I will be disappointed when it's revealed to be neither of them.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Alrighty, bring me on the bird train and put me on the support list.

I"m all for this new leak wheter it be Nakoruru, Terry, Kyo, or whomever

zferolie

Smash Hero
Nakoruru would be a fun charact5er. I haven't play SamSho myself but it looks fun. She would be quite unique, and from what I understand SNK considers her the face of SamSho right?

Plus SNK has Mai in DoA, and the Samurai in Soul Caliber. I feel like they don't want to double up on guests maybe?

Plus, I heard japan recently has been spreading rumors of a Female in smash that wears a Shrine maiden outfit. They were saying Maybe Sakura, or Reimu, but nakoruru was on there, and seems likely with this news.

Put me down. I think she could be quite unique and fun. And then that Milky leak that was saying the 5th character already is repped or has a series repped in some way in smash already is more likely. Most likely a Spirit becoming a fighter I bet. Shantae or Geno

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
Nakoruru would be a fun charact5er. I haven't play SamSho myself but it looks fun. She would be quite unique, and from what I understand SNK considers her the face of SamSho right?

Plus SNK has Mai in DoA, and the Samurai in Soul Caliber. I feel like they don't want to double up on guests maybe?

Plus, I heard japan recently has been spreading rumors of a Female in smash that wears a Shrine maiden outfit. They were saying Maybe Sakura, or Reimu, but nakoruru was on there, and seems likely with this news.

Put me down. I think she could be quite unique and fun. And then that Milky leak that was saying the 5th character already is repped or has a series repped in some way in smash already is more likely. Most likely a Spirit becoming a fighter I bet. Shantae or Geno
Nah, fam. Badass bird girl.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've never actually played Samurai Showdown but she's my character of choice when I play SNK crossover fighters so I would probably be happy if she ended up in smash.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Worth reminding that in a 2018 SNK poll, Nakoruru is the 3rd most popular SNK character (and the most popular SamSho character) in Japan.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
Well this was some good news to see on my timeline.

I'm really hoping it is Nakoruru, though that may be my own personal bias because i play her in KOFXIV and SamSho. most other popular SNK characters have crossed over into other fighting games (Geese=Tekken 7, Haohmaru=Soul Calibur 6, Mai/Kula=DOA6, Terry=FEXL, ect.) so my guess would be either her or Kyo, and while i feel like either of them would work wonderfully, I'd want the extra variety between the hawk, the sword, and even the sash/cape she uses in the newest SamSho would make her a somewhat more interesting character to look at.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just realized... if Nakoruru actually gets in Smash, she would be the third bird user in Smash after Duck Hunt Dog and Banjo.

I wonder how her Smash trailer would go.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
I just realized... if Nakoruru actually gets in Smash, she would be the third bird user in Smash after Duck Hunt Dog and Banjo.

I like to see them do a CG trailer like the Hero's were the location is new and fits with the character like the forest where Nakoruru's home village, Kamui Kotan, resides in. I would love to see them set the trailer in a snowy winter, as a homage to her stage in the first SamSho.

Speaking of "How would Sakurai & the Smash team pull it off". I wonder what her victory theme would be?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Maybe they would have everyone switch birds?

Anyway, I support Nakoruru. I would be fine with Terry(To me, it's either Nakoruru or Terry), but Nakoruru just stands out to me more.

amageish

Smash Master

Lean into her being the environmentalist mascot. Mario invites a bunch of Smash friends out to have a picnic where Wario commits the ultimate crime: littering. Nakoruru shows up to teach him what’s right (by beating him up).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, my one worry is the fact that Sabi apparently confirmed the character is representative of KoF. I know she appears in KoF, but Nakoruru first appeared in Samurai Showdown. Would she still count? I am not the most knowledgeable of SNK, so I am wondering what you guys think.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
In terms of SNK wants it's Terry, Nakoruru, Metal Slug, in approximately that order with my wild pipe dream being King. Nakoruru would be so unique and fascinating for Smash with her falcon, and any SNK rep has me hyped. I hope this leak is legit!!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Worth reminding that in a 2018 SNK poll, Nakoruru is the 3rd most popular SNK character (and the most popular SamSho character) in Japan.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Interesting. The most popular male SNK character is Terry Bogard and the most popular female SNK character is Nakoruru.

If Nakoruru gets in Smash Ultimate as the first SNK rep, then Terry Bogard should get in Smash 6 as the second SNK rep IMO.

Both Nakoruru and Terry Bogard in Smash would be amazing... but baby steps. It was worth waiting for Simon to get in Smash as the second Konami rep after Snake got in Smash as the first Konami rep.

I also realized... if Nakoruru actually gets in Smash, she would be the first character to be from a fighting game that has fatalities. And if that happens, then Scorpion and Sub-Zero are good to go in Smash 6.

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
You know, my one worry is the fact that Sabi apparently confirmed the character is representative of KoF. I know she appears in KoF, but Nakoruru first appeared in Samurai Showdown. Would she still count? I am not the most knowledgeable of SNK, so I am wondering what you guys think.
I’ve got no idea dude. All I know is what I’ve said before. Badass girl with a badass hawk. I’m gonna say that ‘till she gets in Smash

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
Interesting. The most popular male SNK character is Terry Bogard and the most popular female SNK character is Nakoruru.

If Nakoruru gets in Smash Ultimate as the first SNK rep, then Terry Bogard should get in Smash 6 as the second SNK rep IMO.

Both Nakoruru and Terry Bogard in Smash would be amazing... but baby steps. It was worth waiting for Simon to get in Smash as the second Konami rep after Snake got in Smash as the first Konami rep.

I also realized... if Nakoruru actually gets in Smash, she would be the first character to be from a fighting game that has fatalities. And if that happens, then Scorpion and Sub-Zero are good to go in Smash 6.
If there is a Smash six. I mean, didn’t Sakurai say he was gonna be done with smash after this? And smash without Sakurai is like Cars 2 without baked beans

amageish

Smash Master
Fancy seeing you here! Do you have a source on the Sabi quote? Today’s been a big day for misinformation...

If there is a Smash six. I mean, didn’t Sakurai say he was gonna be done with smash after this? And smash without Sakurai is like Cars 2 without baked beans
Actually it’s the exact opposite: this is the first Smash game he hasn’t said is the last one. He has expressed General worry about how to live up to ultimate though.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Where did Sabi say it's a KoF rep?

You could say that Nako is a KoF character since she plays a part in KoF14's story. That and SNK put her in the KoF All-Star mobile game and referred that she's from KoF14, not SamSho.

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
Fancy seeing you here! Do you have a source on the Sabi quote? Today’s been a big day for misinformation...

Actually it’s the exact opposite: this is the first Smash game he hasn’t said is the last one. He has expressed General worry about how to live up to ultimate though.
Huh. Didn’t know that.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
In the midst of all of this SNK craziness going on, just dropping by to say I'd love to see Nakoruru make it in.

I think Kyo and Terry might have better chances than her but I'd be happy with any of them joining the roster.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think that was confirmed fake. there are a lot of fake discord chats going around with Sabi. So far the only one she said was true was that mistake is legit and we will be excited

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Where did Sabi say it's a KoF rep?
I think that was confirmed fake. there are a lot of fake discord chats going around with Sabi. So far the only one she said was true was that mistake is legit and we will be excited
I will quote the post. It's from a user in the Geno thread and I doubt it's faked. Some mild swears though and I am not sure how to edit that out(I don't even know where Photoshop is on my computer), but I imagine it's not the sort of thing you would edit out when you are trying to showcase somethings validity.
I won't escalate this further myself. If it does escalate, let it not be because of me.

However, how about I add some clarity for you guys about Sabi?

View attachment 236400

There you go, guys. It's definitely a KoF character, but those DMs of the character not being female are fake.

If we don't get Terry, I hope we get Nakoruru as I just love her design and think she would be cool for Smash.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I will quote the post. It's from a user in the Geno thread and I doubt it's faked. Some mild swears though and I am not sure how to edit that out(I don't even know where Photoshop is on my computer), but I imagine it's not the sort of thing you would edit out when you are trying to showcase somethings validity.
I saw that post, but I also saw another post of Sabi saying they weren't going to say anything about the character, not what game or gender either. Seems odd she would change her mind.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I saw that post, but I also saw another post of Sabi saying they weren't going to say anything about the character, not what game or gender either. Seems odd she would change her mind.
Which one came first?

Top Bottom