• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

National Replay Project - Now teaming with Yoshq's thread

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I am not sure, I just remember they called me because they couldn't save it... it is possible it was doubles...
Anyway, I was really curious about the codes you use (mostly because I have like 3 "Allow replays of over 3 minutes")
We use four codes:

Infinite replays
Tags in replays
Force save replays
Unlock everything (just in case)

Why isn't this stickied/on the main page advertising?
I don't know. Should it be?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Just to let the recorders know. I got some replays from Brawl it out Apex edition. I couldn't get everyone to save their match or at least I probably should have asked people to do it. Thanks to whoever records these replays.

I put the files onto dropbox and added a text file giving details on which file is which. Also I can't record replays at the moment due to my capture card and this cpu. It's getting BSOD because it can't really run the capture card without window service pack xp 2.

Otherwise I'm trying to get a hold of another computer so I can continue recording.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Just to let the recorders know. I got some replays from Brawl it out Apex edition. I couldn't get everyone to save their match or at least I probably should have asked people to do it. Thanks to whoever records these replays.

I put the files onto dropbox and added a text file giving details on which file is which. Also I can't record replays at the moment due to my capture card and this cpu. It's getting BSOD because it can't really run the capture card without window service pack xp 2.

Otherwise I'm trying to get a hold of another computer so I can continue record.
I already saw it and shared you in the uploader key: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qr3Q5sNW-wk3ZUZjs0qLThT9eeU812FMlcbGLZh7Nao/edit

I'll start recording tonight. With any luck, I could finish it pretty fast.

EDIT: I finished it last night.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
So I just realized that I can restore any files deleted on dropbox within 30 days of their deletion as long as I'm the owner. Which means if someone tries to screw around with us, I can boot them from the folder and restore the files. I guess my earlier fears about dropbox weren't justified, and it would be safe to add more people if people would like to have access to our entire library of .bin files (22 tournaments, several hundred sets). I'll have to talk it over with some of the other guys in the project, but it should be OK I think.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i back it up on my computer as well every once in a while

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I'm not an uploader and I'm not a TO either, but my Wii has been on the stream setup for the past few tournaments in my region and I now have a total of 111 replays on it stretching back to tournaments from July 21 2012. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to upload them?

I've also put together a text file that completely organizes all the replays. All the replays have the correct timestamps on them so the replays on my SD card are arranged in chronological order. The text file includes
-The names of the players in each match
-The number of games in each set
-A mention of the location (in the bracket) of the set if it's an important set (eg WSFs, WFS, LFs, GF2, etc)
-The stage for each match
-Which tournament each replay is from
-Which replays are missing from the set (eg some sets are missing a game, so I label it with "g1-g3,g5" or "g2-g4"

The only thing missing (this is only because any potential uploaders are not familiar with all of my region's players) is that you may not be able to tell which player is playing which character. This is (for the most part) taken care of by some helpful in-game tags, but if there are any matches where it's unclear I can definitely help out with that!

So...should I upload a folder with all the replays and the text file to dropbox?

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I'm not an uploader and I'm not a TO either, but my Wii has been on the stream setup for the past few tournaments in my region and I now have a total of 111 replays on it stretching back to tournaments from July 21 2012. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to upload them?

I've also put together a text file that completely organizes all the replays. All the replays have the correct timestamps on them so the replays on my SD card are arranged in chronological order. The text file includes
-The names of the players in each match
-The number of games in each set
-A mention of the location (in the bracket) of the set if it's an important set (eg WSFs, WFS, LFs, GF2, etc)
-The stage for each match
-Which tournament each replay is from
-Which replays are missing from the set (eg some sets are missing a game, so I label it with "g1-g3,g5" or "g2-g4"

The only thing missing (this is only because any potential uploaders are not familiar with all of my region's players) is that you may not be able to tell which player is playing which character. This is (for the most part) taken care of by some helpful in-game tags, but if there are any matches where it's unclear I can definitely help out with that!

So...should I upload a folder with all the replays and the text file to dropbox?
Give me your e-mail address and I'll connect you to our dropbox. Put it under the folder Alabama Smash League -> Tournament Replays -> Infinite's tournament replays. We'll start working on it as soon as you put the files on the dropbox.

EDIT: By the way, I forgot to tell you guys. Yoshq and I decided to team up (he runs the "We Record Your Replays" thread). We haven't changed the OP to our threads yet, but we've agreed to pool our uploaders into one group and upload everything together. Tournament replays get priority and everything goes onto SmashBrosTVLive. In return, people requesting friendlies have more uploaders available and get to use dropbox instead of uploading files through Mediafire.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I'd appreciate it if you changed the folder's name to "V115's replays" if it's not too much trouble
Also I'll go ahead and throw the text file in there as well

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Also to whoever uploads them (I'm assuming Cam will but just in case), pretty sure everyone knows this but just in case
Don't change the names of the replays. Changing the name will change the time stamp on the replay when you look at it on your Wii, which will screw up the order so it will no longer correspond to the order of the text file.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
You're welcome. Standard procedure: I'm going to change your text file into a Google Doc so we can coordinate the uploading. Any chance you can give me links to results threads on those tournaments?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Sure thing.

RoS:KE - Only 2 replays from here, but it's bracket.
SiD 8 - There are only 4 replays from this tournament and they're all from MMs (the only non-bracket replays in the batch), if you don't want to include them that's fine but they include Will, and he's good, so...w/e, your call
SiD 9
SiD 10 - This tourney ran losers' pools (for both singles and dubs) rather than standard DE brackets, but Tio (at least, the version the TO was using) doesn't do that, so he kept track of the losers' pools with pool sheets and hasn't yet photoshopped a "losers' pools bracket" that he can post in the OP.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Thanks. I mainly wanted it so I could check characters and put tournament info in the info for each set on Youtube.

yoshq

Smash Master
Give me your e-mail address and I'll connect you to our dropbox. Put it under the folder Alabama Smash League -> Tournament Replays -> Infinite's tournament replays. We'll start working on it as soon as you put the files on the dropbox.

EDIT: By the way, I forgot to tell you guys. Yoshq and I decided to team up (he runs the "We Record Your Replays" thread). We haven't changed the OP to our threads yet, but we've agreed to pool our uploaders into one group and upload everything together. Tournament replays get priority and everything goes onto SmashBrosTVLive. In return, people requesting friendlies have more uploaders available and get to use dropbox instead of uploading files through Mediafire.
Oh, crap. I forgot to mention that the people who request replays usually request the video file of the replay. I'm sure some will be alright with having them on your channel, but some wouldn't. Is that alright with you?

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Oh, crap. I forgot to mention that the people who request replays usually request the video file of the replay. I'm sure some will be alright with having them on your channel, but some wouldn't. Is that alright with you?
It's up to them.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
A request for my replay batch so everything gets uploaded accurately
Could you just make the following changes in the text of the google doc you linked earlier? It's just to make sure everyone has the correct tag.

Just CTRL+H the following (google docs allows finding + replacing with CTRL+H like Microsoft Word does...right?)
'RedX' --> 'Red X' (may not seem important but there's another player by the name of Red-X somewhere in the states, people could get confused lol)
'DDM' --> 'Dan-Da-Man'
'Tin' --> '[GDLK] Tin Man'
'Joe' --> 'Toronto Joe'
'Stef' --> 'pidgezero_one'
'Meek' --> 'Meekspeedy'

I would have just commented on the document itself but it seems like for some reason I can't comment on it/chat in it at certain times.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Okay, no problem. I'm working more of an official tournament batch right now, but I should finish it today and be able to get back to working on your group of replays.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
ok, I am very interested on testing this out (we'll have a tournament this weekend, "A Link to the Smash"), and I only have one question left:
would you upload a modded version?

*Cam*

Smash Lord
ok, I am very interested on testing this out (we'll have a tournament this weekend, "A Link to the Smash"), and I only have one question left:
would you upload a modded version?
Explain, do you mean Project M or what kind of hacks are we talking about? The biggest limitation to adding any sort of hacks will be our access to those hacks when we upload. If you use game-altering hacks, then capturing it from a non-hacked Wii will screw up the replay.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Balanced Brawl, but yes, it shares the same concept of P:M (Wii doesn't need to be hacked, and changes are not permanent, etc).
BB's files are public and can be dowloaded at anytime from their page: http://balancedbrawl.net

I know how mods and replays work, that's why I am asking if you would be willing to use those hacks and upload videos.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Yes, we would be open to doing it as long as we have the mods (which it appears we do), but will you be able to put the forced replay hack onto Balanced Brawl so that you can ensure all the replays from the tournament?

EDIT: I just want to be clear that we support all forms of Smash recording. We simply don't find it practical to do this project for Melee or 64 because they don't have the same ease of replay recording as Brawl does.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Yes, we would be open to doing it as long as we have the mods (which it appears we do), but will you be able to put the forced replay hack onto Balanced Brawl so that you can ensure all the replays from the tournament?
Yeah, that part is easy, they have the .txt file in the Dowload section, so it's easy to modify into a custom .gct

In that case, I'll contact you again later to share the replays.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Yeah, that part is easy, they have the .txt file in the Dowload section, so it's easy to modify into a custom .gct

In that case, I'll contact you again later to share the replays.
Have you read the OP? If you plan to save all the replays from the tournament (which we encourage you to do), then you will need the timestamp program we created to sort them. PM me your e-mail address and I can add you to the dropbox account.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
lol I was in the process of that, I though I missed something (the Timestamp program) after reading it a couple times.
Of course I will.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
We have roughly 350 tournament sets uploaded via this project already, and an additional 200 or so sets that the ASL recorded from some Atlantic South tournaments before we started the National Replay Project. Overall, we have uploaded sets featuring ESAM, Reflex, Will, Kismet, MJG, Nick Riddle, Ally, DeLux, Denti, Ryo, Shadow1PJ, Player-1, Shaky, 4GOD, Pwii, Lee Martin, McPeePants, and many other great players. With all of this content, it's hard to resist making a combo video, partially to advertise for the National Replay Project, but also partially because it would be amazing.

I already know FL has plans to make their own combo video, and I don't want to step on their toes if they are using some of the footage we uploaded. I'll coordinate with Nick Riddle so we don't duplicate footage.

If we do undertake such a project, would anyone want to help? I don't want to ruin such a bountiful stockpile just because I am a lousy editor or because I can't pick a fitting song. Also, if anyone does not consent to having their matches in such a video, please let us know and we will leave you out of any potential project.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I suggest just making a combo video with the footage. Ask one of those amazing CV makers to sync/put sound to it after you give them clips from the tournaments. That'd be hype.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'd be willing to help, at least selecting a song :p
But yeah, a CV is an amazing idea to inspire others to join this project.

Top Bottom