• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

National Replay Project - Now teaming with Yoshq's thread

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Well, since this thread doesn't get a lot of traffic on a day to day basis, I don't mind using it to talk about stuff for the combo video. What songs do you guys recommend?

yoshq

Smash Master
Well, since this thread doesn't get a lot of traffic on a day to day basis, I don't mind using it to talk about stuff for the combo video. What songs do you guys recommend?
Songs are irrelevant at this point. Get the clips put together and edited and ****, then you'll feel the right music. Or I'll do it for you, either way. Video first.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I had everything ready but nobody attended....
If it helps, I can send you a couple old replays I have stored.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Is there a European alternative to this. Like, the codes and stuff? Sweden does not have any dedicated recorders and this would be great for our community :)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
GlacierRyu, you are welcome to do this with our project. I'll change it to International Replay Project the moment that someone from outside the U.S. participates.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Well, are there PAL versions of these codes? And does smash-stack work on european wiis?

:phone:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
You can go the Brawl Workshop, hopefully there are people that can help coding.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
I'll check it out. What codes are included in this? I kinda skimmed the OP xD

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Nope, is something completly different.
It makes people unable to exit the Results Screen until the replay is saved (Start leads to Save).

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I uploaded some replays from Wintercon 2013. I placed them on the ASL dropbox under finished tournament unsure where else to put it all.

Also quick question to anyone who can answer: When I look at the .bin files, sometimes the times don't match up. If I'm looking for a game that was played at 3pm, the time on the .bin file is something else, which makes it much harder to ID.

yoshq

Smash Master
I uploaded some replays from Wintercon 2013. I placed them on the ASL dropbox under finished tournament unsure where else to put it all.

Also quick question to anyone who can answer: When I look at the .bin files, sometimes the times don't match up. If I'm looking for a game that was played at 3pm, the time on the .bin file is something else, which makes it much harder to ID.
The date on the replay is changed whenever it is copied or moved on the altered replay.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, this project is no longer manageable. There are just too many people who want to give us replays and not enough people motivated to upload them. It was a good idea, but I'm giving up competitive Brawl in a little over a month, and I don't want to leave this project on YoshQ's shoulders when he already has the We Record Your Replays thread to deal with. I pushed the project really hard for awhile, usually uploading most of the replays myself. My hope was that it would catch on with both uploaders and tournament organizers and would become a self-managing system; that hasn't happened. Now that I have a lot of classes and research to deal with, I simply don't have the time or the will to upload so much. Unless someone wants to take over this project themselves, I don't have the time to keep it from collapsing in on itself. I have too many irons in the fire as it is.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, this project is no longer manageable. There are just too many people who want to give us replays and not enough people motivated to upload them. It was a good idea, but I'm giving up competitive Brawl in a little over a month, and I don't want to leave this project on YoshQ's shoulders when he already has the We Record Your Replays thread to deal with. I pushed the project really hard for awhile, usually uploading most of the replays myself. My hope was that it would catch on with both uploaders and tournament organizers and would become a self-managing system; that hasn't happened. Now that I have a lot of classes and research to deal with, I simply don't have the time or the will to upload so much. Unless someone wants to take over this project themselves, I don't have the time to keep it from collapsing in on itself. I have too many irons in the fire as it is.
I'm sorry to hear that Cam. I feel guilty that I wasn't able to help out in any way shape or form after I said I was more than willing to help. I hope you plan on keeping all the stuff you've created for this project on hand just in case someone is able to revive this project. I'm going to see what I can do in my state to keep this recording project going. It won't be for the National Replay Project, but I will stick to developing a recording team in my own state. It's sad to say, I think we may have jumped a little too far ahead of ourselves by attempting something on a national level, but by no means would I condemn such an effort. You guys did an amazing job and I thank you for that.

yoshq

Smash Master
I'm sorry to hear that, Cam. Maybe you could restart the project during summer? & others, if you still need replays recorded or whatever, feel free to post on the other thread.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to hear that, Cam. Maybe you could restart the project during summer? & If you still need replays recorded or whatever, feel free to post on the other thread.
No, I don't want to personally restart it in the summer. I'm leaving competitive Brawl after March 9 because I'm going to graduate school in the fall, and I need to focus on that.

Top Bottom