• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto

Chaco

Never Logs In
Asuma dying was like the saddest thing naruto has had to offer.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Bleach I understand not being emotional enough, but Naruto have it's moments. After the Naruto vs Sasuke, (before the time skip), and Jiraiya's death was the most tear jerking to me. ;_; ♥

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Gaara, I'll give you. Kakashi? No way. Not enough hype.

Remember, for all the deaths, Kishimoto committed at least two or three pages in dramatic scenes. For Gaara, it was that lonely image of him. For Asuma, it was Shikamaru smoking. For Kakashi, there was nothing. It was like Kishimoto was hinting he'd come back.

Hinata? Sure, but Naruto going 6 tails overshadowed that. 9 tails and I'd forgotten all about Hinata.

Eagle_Eyes

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3583-1774-9356
No one has ever mentioned Pain or Konan as death is concerned, I don't find it too sad, but can understand the sadness behind it, Pain especially. Konan was epicly trying to defend all she ever believed in and died by it. Well, okay it was pretty sad thinking about it.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
zabuza's death was hella sad! I almost forgot about that lol. I almost cried in fullmetal Alchemist when Hughes died

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Gaara, I'll give you. Kakashi? No way. Not enough hype.

Remember, for all the deaths, Kishimoto committed at least two or three pages in dramatic scenes. For Gaara, it was that lonely image of him. For Asuma, it was Shikamaru smoking. For Kakashi, there was nothing. It was like Kishimoto was hinting he'd come back.

Hinata? Sure, but Naruto going 6 tails overshadowed that. 9 tails and I'd forgotten all about Hinata.
Yeah I agree. Kakashi's "death" was definitely underhyped.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Haku's death and Zabuza's subsequent emotional breakdown because of it were the only things that inspired true sadness in me. Jiraiya's death came pretty close to tugging at the heartstrings (just because he had been a likable presence throughout the series), but nothing was truly as moving to me as that scene where Naruto called Zabuza out and forced him to strip away any sort of pretense that he had about a lack of humanity. Like everything else in the series (and in most anime/manga), you couldn't really see the characters grow organically over a period of time, but if I was a writer with a character like Zabuza that scene right there would have been included right at the end of a sort of "writing from both sides of the fence." Like, expounding on more of the history between Haku and Zabuza and touching on their relationship a little more; and conversely, going into a little more detail as to what exactly was beginning in Team Seven (interplay between Sasuke and Naruto forming a budding and reluctant friendship, Sakura's newfound respect for Naruto, etc).

I felt nothing when Asuma died. He was faceless, just like most of the supporting cast in this series. You never saw him before Hidan and what's-his-face came to town; you never see him or his cell do anything significant, in like backstory or anything similar. If Kishimoto would do more with his supporting characters, I'd probably give a ****. Alas.

Smooth Criminal

asianaussie

Smash Hero
asuma wasn't developed aside from being the 'cool guy' in like the 2nd chapter and the background guy for shikamaru's antics

but he had a believable, non-over-the-top power and for that i liked him

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
asuma wasn't developed aside from being the 'cool guy' in like the 2nd chapter and the background guy for shikamaru's antics

but he had a believable, non-over-the-top power and for that i liked him
Well, yeah. I can like him too. Of course I can; I feel the same way as you, Cheeseball, in the fact that Asuma felt like your ninja everyman (despite the fact that he was related to the Third Hokage) and that was pretty neat. I just can't truly say I felt anything for the guy when he passed. Hell, I can only lament the fact that Kishimoto didn't use him more often.

Smooth Criminal

S l o X

Smash Champion
shut up

naruto has finally gone over bleach now for me.

seriously, it should've a long time ago but now im just like **** it.

shika was awesome but now he's mediocre.

D

Deleted member

Also, if he didn't die then, he would've died from lung cancer. Jus' sayin'.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That's all I got out of your post, Slox. I'm hurt.

(Bleach thread has yet to see my hate.)

Finally?

Also, Shikamaru got truckloads better in Shippuden.
Yeah. Like any really bright fire, though, his "better-ness" guttered out really quickly to be replaced with "TWEESTS!" and "SHARINGANS IN EVERY PORE!"

Smooth Criminal

S l o X

Smash Champion
lol random shut up was random. t'is all love in the love boat.

and yeah shika got better but so did everyone else. honestly, i feel like he should be leading the anbu or something. he's just that awesome.

D

Deleted member

OMG! Your amazing!
Well, he was a heavy smoker...

Hayate would've died from lung cancer too. What with his constant smoker's cough.

It seems that anyone who is doomed from cancer in this series gets killed off before the cancer kills them.

Hayate (although just a joke on my part)
Asuma (Heavy smoker)
Itachi (Had an uncomprehensible illness, and kept himself alive JUST so Sasuke could be the one to kill him)

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Hayate (although just a joke on my part)
Asuma (Heavy smoker)
Itachi (Had an uncomprehensible illness, and kept himself alive JUST so Sasuke could be the one to kill him)
Hayate...his death was completely unnecessary. Completely. And Baki isn't all that ******.

Asuma got hype. Yeah, he would have died from lung cancer, but at least he would have seen his kid. Sucks for him. He'll be missed (by Shikamaru).

Itachi. T_T

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Holy ****.

That was a cool chapter. At least now we kinda know what Zetsu is, sort of.

I also love the fact that Madara barely mentioned the
freaking copy of the 1st's body.
It's like he was just showing off a painting or something without explaining anything about it. XD

And apparently
Yamato (wood guy)
is some sort of experiment. Perhaps Madara isn't the only person who is trying to get the "six paths?"

Gaara♥

Smash Master
its already been revealed that yamato was an experiment done by orochimaru. And yes.... ZETSU IS GOING TO TAKE OVER EVERYTHANGGGGGGG!!

D

Deleted member

V-Vegeta! What does the Scouter say about the Zetsu level?

It's OVER 9000!!!!

What? 9000?!?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Holy ****.

That was a cool chapter. At least now we kinda know what Zetsu is, sort of.

I also love the fact that Madara barely mentioned the
freaking copy of the 1st's body.
It's like he was just showing off a painting or something without explaining anything about it. XD
I know, that's how you introduce something. Not taking too much time, but enough emphasis to make it known.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
every time we learn more about a villain character, that character is succinctly defeated.

zetsu will lose to the shinobi collaboration!

quirkynature

Smash Ace
GY FTW. I enjoyed it, too.

There you have it, folks. The Naruto v. Sasuke fight just got a liiiiitle bit more complicated. I guess it's not going to be just a one on one brawl anymore, is it?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
this chapter *****

why did madara clone zetsu? Whats the significance of him and not cloning some other shinobi?

Top Bottom