• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naples Gamers

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
There will be a tournament June 17th 2:00 P.M EST at the Tek Lounge

www.gamenaseum.com for directions.

1v1
3 stock 7 minutes
single elimination
best of 3 for everything except best of 5 for semi finals and best of 7 for finals

2v2
Team Attack: On
3 stock 7 minutes
single elimination
best of 3 for all rounds except best of 5 for semi finals and best of 7 for finals

FFA
4 stock no time limit
single elimination
winner moves on to next free for all round
(may take second place depending on amount of participants)

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Corneria
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Castle Siege
Battleship Halberd
Frigate Orpheon

Prizes are determined by participants so join up! please leave notice here or contact me via aim at: Bollix Andrew

bring 18$ dollars gets you entrance to all 3 tournament modes.

prizes will be at least 50$ in prize for each mode this is only if less then 6 people come.. so the more people the more money!

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
18$ for entrances to all tournaments? and people will much rather do Double elimination. and posting how much % the prizes would be may help. Just some advice.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Hey just to let you know UpTown, I've been to Tek Lounge before and I know that you guys only give out store-credit (because I've won a tournament there before and I was given the store credit). Now, if by at east $50 in prize you mean by cash-money, then you can start inviting people from other regions/cities ... etc. but if you mean what I think you do which is $50 store credit ... that's not going to be worth it and no one will show up because who is going to want store credit for a place that's only located in Naples if they live in Ft. Lauderdale? See what I'm saying here. Clear that up a bit in your first post. Define the "in prize" as either in cash-money or in store-credit.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
****it! I get back from Michigan on the 20th. I really hope there's another tournament hosted in Naples over the summer, cuz input lag makes skillful playing an inconvenience.

Anyway, hope things run smoothly so that these types of things will happen more often, and thanks for hosting it, Uptown.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Prizes are determined by participants so join up! please leave notice here or contact me via aim at: Bollix Andrew

bring 18$ dollars gets you entrance to all 3 tournament modes.

prizes will be at least 50$ in prize for each mode this is only if less then 6 people come.. so the more people the more money!
My question is, how do you decide how much is given to the winner for each participant? 70% of total money or what?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
it will most likely be a gift card to play n trade or something. i'll get back to you in a few with answers
people really hate gift cards because they don't pay for food or gas money.

if it's possible for you guys to just do cash, that's what most people like the best.

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
time and location is there.. just go to site for directions. I've asked tek lounge to give me a more specific prize as soon as they get back to me I'll post here. It'll be single elimination until semis where it'll be double elimination. to find a 3rd and 4th place winner (for 1v1 an 2v2)

zzipa

Smash Rookie
I'm going, and there better be more than 6 people ><... oh and seriously gift cards are trash!!

SmashMac

Smash Lord
I was thinking about going to this, but seeing as to how I have to work on Tuesday (June 17th) from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., I won't be able to make it.

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about going to this, but seeing as to how I have to work on Tuesday (June 17th) from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., I won't be able to make it.
berry its me the kid that kept saying i was going to write about you in my blog at the ssbm tourney at tek lounge. me and my partner are pretty good at brawl and we were looking forward to playing you and your bros :/

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why do people hate him???

Sorry I didn't come, but I have a spanish final tomorrow + it's not worth it for me to travel all the way to Naples just for store credit to a store that's an hour from me!!!

:colorful:

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Well, he doesn't do any thing he considers "dishonorable" such as Chain grabbing, Ledge grabbing, Ect.. He doesn't even RAR, or do ANY advanced techs.
What he does do is WIN, I don't understand it, but it just happens.
He just knows what you are going to do, no matter how unpredictable you try to be.
And that is why Ihatemybrother

EDIT:

So does anyone have the results of this??

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
yea your brother (tory) won the singles tourney he isnt cheap or anything (cough* didnt spam zelda) like you said he's just good. Eric (VD) won the Free For all and me (Gordo) and my partner (Ham) won the 2v2.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Am I mistaken, or is this happening again, tomorrow?

EDIT: Seriously, I don't want to show up at the Tech Lounge to find out that no tournament is going on, does anyone know??

Top Bottom