• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Namu, namu, namu, namu!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

The loveable ninja Yoshimitsu is finally getting ready to join the Brawl!
That's right, I'm currently working on a Yoshimitsu PSA hack, and you have entered the official thread where I will post progress on said hack.

FAQ YOU!
Q: Who the heck is Yoshimitsu anyway?
A: Yoshimitsu is a character in both the Tekken and Soul series of fighting games. The kind I am creating however, is the kind seen in the Soul series. You can read more about him here: http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Yoshimitsu

Q: So... Who are you using as a base?
A: I'm using Marth as a base, because he is the only person who uses a light sword and he fits the size and shape of Yoshimitsu the best.

Q: Do you have a texture we can download?
A: We do now! Check out the bottom of this page for pics and a link.

Q: Will he have *Insert Incredibly Long List of Moves Here*
A: His moveset isn't done yet, but I've tried to give him some of his best and most recognized moves such as the Deathcopter, Sword Pogo and Seppuku. You can see a full list of moves further down.

Q: Is this for Vanilla, BBrawl or Brawl+?
A: It will be made with Brawl+ in mind, but it should work fine for other versions.

To-Do List
- Finalize knockback direction for all moves.
- Work out knockback power for all moves.
-Model w/ Flagstaff
Once model hacking is possible, it would be good to have a model for him with his trademark flagstaff.
If this model is created, we may change his Ftilt to an attack involving the flagstaff.

Moveset
*Please note that this is not the final moveset, all attacks not listed are remaining unchanged*
*When I am talking about the Knockback, a block is the length of one of the stage builder blocks, about the size of Bowser for those who don't know, it is a little confusing but I couldn't think of a better way to make the amounts understandable*
*Here is a picture as a reference for the angles I used.

The red dot is where you would be standing. An attack which has a downward angle will be in the negatives, where as an attack that hits the opponent up will be in the positive numbers. 0 means the attack sends them straight forward. All angles are assuming the player is facing right with the attack, except for his Bthrow and Nspecial, which assume Yoshimitsu is facing left because they are his only attacks which knocks the opponent backwards. Please note that this isn't the final knockback directions for the attacks, just a first glance.*

Dash Attack - Ninja Sun Flare
Yoshimitsu rolls forward and does a low slash.
Damage: 11%
Knockback: 1 Block
Knockback Direction: 35 Degrees
NOTE: This is a bit akward to hit with because of the roll at the start, but it gets Yoshi lots of distance and is faster than dashing.
Animation: Roll, Ike's Dtilt

Ftilt - Kabuki
Yoshimitsu rocks forward on one leg before swinging his sword forward.
Damage: 5%
Knockback: 0 Blocks
Knockback Direction: 20 Degrees
NOTE: If this attacks hits, the opponent is knocked to the ground, so it can be used to tech chase, but you must predict where they will roll quickly because the attack's startup takes a while.
Animation: Wolf's Fsmash w/ Beam Sword

Dtilt - Stone Fist
Yoshimitsu spins several times with his fist outstretched, hitting multiple times.
Damage: 9%, 8%, 8%
Knockback: 2 Blocks
Knockback Direction: -20 Degrees
NOTE: This move will be good against characters with bad recoveries, and for edgueguarding. The angle of the attack is like Jigglypuff's Dsmash.
Animation: Link's Uspecial

Utilt - Clansmen
Yoshimitsu does a simple uppercut.
Damage: 7%
Knockback Direction: 85 Degrees
NOTE: Simply for damage racking, not very useful.
Animation: Mario's Utilt

Fsmash - Sword Impale
Yoshimitsu pulls his sword back, and then stabs forward.
Damage: 15% - 30%.
Knockback: 1 Block – 3 Blocks
Knockback Direction: 20 Degrees
NOTE: Good range, hitbox stays out for awhile, knocks opponent to the ground after stabbing them.
Animation: Nspecial

Usmash - Crying Spirit Sword
Yoshimitsu does a wide forward slash.
Damage: 19% - 27%
Knockback: 2.5 Blocks – 4.5 Blocks
Knockback Direction: 60 Degrees
NOTE: Basic attack, good against floaty or aerial based characters.
Animation: Fsmash

Dsmash - Sword Sweep
Yoshimitsu spins around at knee-level with his sword stretched out.
Damage: 19% - 38%
Knockback: 1.5 Blocks – 3.5 Blocks
Knockback Direction: 85 Degrees
NOTE: Can be used for edge-guarding by comboing into an aerial, but Dtilt is better in most cases. Only reason to use over Dtilt is more damage and slightly larger horizontal range.
Animation: Dsmash, Turn around, Dsmash

Fair - Knee Bash
Yoshimitsu thrusts his knee forward.
Damage: 16%
Knockback: 2 Blocks
Knockback Direction: 0 Degrees
NOTE: Good GTFO move, that's about it.
Animation: KNEE OF JUSTICE!(Captain Falcon's Fair, obviously)

Fthrow - Door Knocker
Yoshimitsu hits the opponent multiple times with his elbow, before doing a final blow which knocks them away.
Damage: 5%, 4%, 4%, 7%
Knockback: 1.4 Blocks
Knockback Direction: 45 Degrees
NOTE: Comes out fast, has decent damage/knockback.
Animation: Captain Falcon's UFsmash, Captain Falcon's NFsmash, Captain Falcon's DFsmash

Dthrow - Jaw Smash
Yoshimitsu kicks the opponent in the leg, causing them to lose balance, before smashing his sword into their jaw, sending them straight down.
Damage: 7%
Knockback: 1 Block (Spikes)
Knockback Direction: -90 Degrees
NOTE: Good for juggling fastfallers at low percent. Good at juggling pretty much anyone with bad DI. Spikes if used at the very edge of the stage. If attack is interrupted halfway though, opponent just pratfalls.
Animation: Captain Falcon's Dtilt, Samus' Jab2

Bthrow - Elegant Storm
Yoshimitsu grabs the opponent beneath him, flies up into the air, then slashes him backwards before dropping back down to the ground.
Damage: 9%
Knockback: 1.5 Blocks
Knockback Direction: -40 Degrees
NOTE: Good downward-diagonal knockback, large amount of hitstun. Good for killing characters with bad recoveries.
Animation: Ike's Uspecial, Fair, Ike's Uspecial2

Uthrow - Tornado Drop
Yoshimitsu grabs the opponent and spirals into the air, before spiralling back down head first.
Damage: 10%
Knockback: 2.5 Blocks
Knockback Direction: 65 Degrees
NOTE: Pretty bad move, think of it like Kirby's/Meta Knight's Uthrow.
Animation: Spiralling Knockback

Nspecial - Seppuku
Yoshimitsu stabs himself, the sword goes straight through and hits people behind him. It does damage to himself as well as the opponent. It can be turned around like Falcon Punch.
Damage: 50%
KnockbacK: 1 Block
NOTE: Like Jigglypuff's Rest, except it has lots of damage and little knockback. Because the attack does alot of damage to Yoshimitsu (25%), and is hard to hit with and can easily be shielded, I'm also giving it the ability to break shields in one hit (this also keeps in with Soul Calibur nature, as the attack was unblockable in those games). Yoshimitsu falls down at the end of the attack.
Animation: Ike's Nspecial

Fspecial – Flea Stance
See “Stances” for information.
Damage: See “Stances” for information.
Knockback: See “Stances” for information.
Knockback Direction: See “Stances” for information.
NOTE: See “Stances” for information.
Animation: See “Stances” for information.

Uspecial - Deathcopter
Yoshimitsu spins his sword around his head and uses it as a helicopter to fly around. It controls similar to Snake's Uspecial. Pressing an attack button while in the air makes him crash down with his sword.
Damage: 4%, 16%
Knockback Direction: 40 Degrees
NOTE: Only useful for recovering, it is similar to Snake's Uspecial in controlling. Spikes like Ike's/Kirby's Uspecial.
Animation: Ike's Uair, Ike's Uspecial2

Dspecial - Meditation
See “Stances” for information.
Damage: See “Stances” for information.
Knockback: See “Stances” for information.
Knockback Direction: See “Stances” for information.
NOTE: See “Stances” for information.
Animation: Shiek's sleep (See “Stances” for information).

Up Taunt - "I shall assist thy suicide!"
Yoshimitsu slashes his sword forward.
Animation: Link's Fsmash

Down Taunt - "Namu, Namu, Namu... Namu!"
Yoshimitsu sits down cross-legged and holds his sword out in front of him as it glows.
Animation: Shiek's Sleep

Side Taunt - "Repent!"
Yoshimitsu spins around slightly above the air.
Animation: Ganondorf's Utaunt

Entrance - "It is I, Yoshimitsu"
Yoshimitsu warps in.
Animation: Spot Dodge

Shield - Block
Yoshimitsu holds up his sword horizontally in front of his face to block attacks.
Animaion: Ike’s Dspecial

Dodge - Warp
Yoshimitsu briefly warps away and warps back within a few frames. This has no ending lag so any attack can be used straight after re-warping.
NOTE: This will probably be more useful than shielding attacks, or rolling behind them. Can be quite unexpected.
Animation: Turn Left, Turn Right, Turn Left, etc...

Roll - Spinning Evade
Yoshimitsu spins while standing up instead of the normal rolling.
NOTE: Very fast Roll, but finishes with you facing the opposite direction to normal Rolls. Does a small amount of damage (2%) to you each time used and if used repeatedly Yoshimitsu will fall down at the end. Can be used into a quick, unexpected Seppuku.
Animation: Turn Left, Turn Right, Turn Left, Turn Right, etc...

Final Smash - Samurai Execution
Yoshimitsu punches forward. If someone is hit by this punch they are knocked onto the floor, helpless. Yoshimitsu spins toward the opponent, pauses for a few seconds then brings his sword down upon them.
Damage: Instant Kill
Knockback: 100
Knockback Direction: 45
NOTE: In a match with more than 2 players, Yoshi is invincible for the duration of the attack. The punch has good range, but has akward timing to hit with and a small hitbox.
Animation: Ganon's Ftilt, Turn Left, Turn Right, Fsmash

Stances:
Yoshimitu's gameplay revolves quite heavily around stances. What is a stance? Well a stance is a different state Yoshimitsu can be in, during different stances he has different attacks to use, and you can go from one stance to another simply by pressing a button. So how do we enter these stances, and what do they all do? Well 2 of Yoshimitsu's Special Moves (His Fspecial, and Dspecial) automatically put Yoshimitsu in 2 of his 4 stances. His Fspecial puts Yoshimitsu in the "Flea Stance", while his Dspecial puts Yoshimitsu in the "Meditation Stance". To switch to a different stance, you need to press the corresponding buttons labelled below. So in summary, once you are in either his Meditation or Flea Stances, you can swap to any of the other ones by pressing the corresponding buttons.

>B - Flea Stance
Yoshimitsu positions himself so he is sitting on his sword like a pogo stick.
Animation: Link's Dair

A - Flea Hop
Yoshimitsu performs a small hop while on his sword.
Damage: 10%
Knockback Direction: 60 Degrees
NOTE: Really good GTFO move. Causes tripping if it hits correctly. Unpredictable. Good defensive wise. Just an all around good defensive attack.

B - Flea Rush
Yoshimitsu rushes forward while still on his sword, ramming three times before returning to his normal position.
Damage: 8%, 8%, 8%
Knockback: 2.4 Blocks
Knockback Direction: 10 Degrees
NOTE: Comes out very fast so it can be used as sort of a surprise attack. The attack can be DI'd out of though.

<B - Intimidation Stance
Yoshimitsu stands up tall with his back facing the enemy.

A - Ashura Blade
Yoshimitsu does a fast punch backward.
Damage: 8%
Knockback Direction: -25%
NOTE: Very fast attack, but not much range, can lead into a Seppuku at low percents. This turns the opponent around like Mario’s cape.
Animation: Captain Falcon's Bair

B - Suicidal Thoughts
Yoshimitsu stabs himself, the sword goes straight through and hits people behind him. It does damage to himself as well as the opponent.
Damage: 50%
NOTE: While it looks to be the same as his Nspecial, it does have some differences. For starters it is faster and has longer range, but to make up for this it doesn't break shields, and it deals more damage to Yoshimitsu than normal (35%).
Animation: Ike's Nspecial

^B – Manji Dragonfly Stance
Yoshimitsu spins his sword around his head and uses it as a helicopter to hover slightly above the ground, similar to his Deathcopter.
NOTE: He can hover slowly around while using this attack by pressing left or right.
Animation: Ike’s Uair

A – Autumn Sweeper
Yoshimitsu drops to the floor and does a small spin-kick.
Damage: 8%
NOTE: Has a small chance of tripping, quite slow and opponent recovers before you at mid-low percents. Will be replaced by a Flag swipe when we have a Yoshimitsu model.
Animation: Mario’s Dtilt

B – Mt. Oni
Yoshimitsu slashes his sword down, like a small version of his Uspecial’s attack.
Damage: 12%
Knockback Direction: 40 Degrees
NOTE: Nothing special, just a smaller version of Deathcopter’s attack.
Animation: Ike’s Uspecial2

vB – Meditation Stance
Yoshimitsu kneels down on the ground and meditates.
Animation: Sheik’s Sleep

A – Warp
Yoshimitsu briefly warps away and warps back within a few frames. This has no ending lag so any attack can be used straight after re-warping.
NOTE: This is exactly the same as his Spot Dodge, if you don’t press a button when he warps he will perform his Healing move instead of doing an attack.
Animation: Turn Left, Turn Right, Turn Left, etc...

B – Healing
Yoshimitsu concentrates his energy and heals 2%.
NOTE: While it may not seem like much, this 2% can add up over time.

Stance Transitions:
Name: Manji Dragonfly
Pressing ^B while in a Stance will cause Yoshimitsu to change into the Manji Dragonfly Stance.

Name: Meditation
Pressing vB while in a Stance will cause Yoshimitsu to change into his Meditation Stance.

Name: Flea
Pressing >B while in a Stance will cause Yoshimitsu to change into his Flea Stance.

Name: Intimidation
Pressing <B while in a Stance will cause Yoshimitsu to change into his Intimidation Stance.

As you can see, all the stances have their own uses and a Yoshimitsu player will have to know which stances to use in which situations.

Playstyle
Yoshimitsu will have a very unique playstyle, and it may take a while to get used to it. He has no ultra powerful killing moves at his disposal, and instead relies on knocking the opponent offstage and keeping them there. Yoshimitsu's multiple stances and gimpy moves like Dtilt will allow Yoshimitsu to KO the opponent quite early on, but if they get to high enough damage controlling them will become more of a problem with his poor jump height and quite weak aerials.

You'll get most of your kills from edge-guarding, or his throws. While Yoshimitsu has very good throwing ability, he has a pitiful grab range to compensate for his throws (think Ness and Ice Climbers). Yoshimitsu has a very defensive game, luring the opponent to the edge of the stage with his changing Stances and attacks which are often times faster than his dash, so he can knock them off and begin to edge-guard.

Yoshimitsu has a very low jump height, which doesn't help his already poor recovery. His Aerials have some good qualities and some bad, while they come out fast and have quite good knockback, they are lacking in hitstun and damage. To add to his poor air-game, Yoshimitsu also doesn't have a relaible upward-hitting attack, so a good Yoshimitsu player will have to watch out for attacks from above.

He has a tech chase in the form of his Ftilt, Kabuki, but it takes quite a lot of prediction and timing to use, compared to someone like Snake. This can be, once again, used to get the opponent closer to the edge ready for a gimpy kill.

Onto the topic of Yoshimitsu's Seppuku. It has reasonable range and is quite unpredictable, if the opponent isn't thinking fast enough they shield instead or rolling or whatever, causing their shield to be broken and Yoshi enough time to recuperate. The attack will be quite good coming out of a Dodge. The other version of this attack, Suicidal Thoughts, has it's own advantages and disadvantages as well.

Speaking of his dodge, Yoshimitsu's is uniqe in that any attack can be used straight out of it, so you will probably use it more than your shield. It is especially useful for, as I said earlier, hitting with a Seppuku. The Warp in his Meditation Stance can be used for a slightly more defensive dodge, like most other character's spot dodges.

Yoshimitsu will be good at staying alive through his Crouch restoring his energy, and his defensive playstyle. He is quite heavy while falling (Melee Captain Falcon heavy) so if you do knock him off (which won't be that difficult if you catch him by surprise while edge-guarding) he is pretty much gone, but a good strong hit will knock him off just as easily as a Mario. (So to reiterate, he is a very fast faller, but he isn't heavy in the sense that he needs to be on 150% to knock him off like Ganondorf).

I predict his most difficult match-ups will be against characters with a good air game such as Wario, Diddy Kong and Meta-Knight because of his inability to get them off the edge and the difficulty he will have with hitting them. While he should have an easier match with ground-based characters and characters with reasonably poor recoveries like Donkey Kong, King Dedede and Snake.

Texture
While you may have to wait for the PSA to be finished, in the mean time you can download this wonderful texture made by RylanRD1, thanks a truck load Rylan!

~ Download Link ~

Conclusion
I am accepting any and all suggestions or help from you guys, and it would be greatly appreciated!
I will regularly post my progress here, so you guys can keep checking up on how it is going.

~Tuesday.

Smash Master
Please make a post when you finish
Yoshimitsu
. I will main him no matter how horrible he is.

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
OMG! someone is trying to do yoshimitsu... I knew it immediately when I saw Namu namu namu. -.-

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Okay so the secret got out pretty quickly.
I have listed down all the moves. I just need a few more animations, then I can start on the knockback and damage details.
If you want to see the progress so far, here is a link to the excel file I'm putting info in: http://www.mediafire.com/?wmeyyonmaju
Sorry for the download link, but it will be easier to read than putting the info here.

If anyone wants to help I'd be glad for it!
BTW, this is the Soul Calibur Yoshi, not the Tekken one, so they might have some different moves, not sure, never played Tekken properly.

Also I might work on more characters after this, I might do a poll and see who everyone's fav character is. Nightmare would be so awesome XD

RylanRD1

Smash Cadet
Also I might work on more characters after this, I might do a poll and see who everyone's fav character is. Nightmare would be so awesome XD
Nightmare sounds pretty cool, but I wonder how Necrid would be in Brawl...?

Oh yeah, good luck on Yoshimitsu. I'll definitely pick him up when you're done.

(First post in a year :laugh: )

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Nightmare sounds pretty cool, but I wonder how Necrid would be in Brawl...?

Oh yeah, good luck on Yoshimitsu. I'll definitely pick him up when you're done.

(First post in a year :laugh: )
Glad to know my topic brought you back XD
Just a question for those hack savvy people, I've never done moveset swapping before and I need to make sure...
Do the bone structures of Marth Ganondorf, Falcon and Link match-up?

RylanRD1

Smash Cadet
Glad to know my topic brought you back XD
No, I actually came back because I wanted to try and help out with that BlazBrawl thing.

Just a question for those hack savvy people, I've never done moveset swapping before and I need to make sure...
Do the bone structures of Marth Ganondorf, Falcon and Link match-up?
Marth, CF and Link match up nicely, but Ganondorf is a little too big.

Oh, and a little warning, Link and Marth hold their swords in opposite hands.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
No, I actually came back because I wanted to try and help out with that BlazBrawl thing.

Marth, CF and Link match up nicely, but Ganondorf is a little too big.

Oh, and a little warning, Link and Marth hold their swords in opposite hands.
Oh yeahm, Link's left handed...
So you're saying that if I had Link's ftilt, Marth would just wave his left hand?
Thanks for telling me, lucky I have only used Link for things where the hand doesn't matter!

Oh and I know you didn't come back just to comment on my thread, just me failing to be funny.

@Kitamerby
It's the perfect animation, but sadly Olimar's bone structure doesn't macth up with Marth's.

Thanks for responding though!

~Tuesday

P.S. If any fan of this project is willing to go out there and make a texture hack, that'd be great!
When the model creator is done, I'll probably add the flagstaff, until then we're gonna have to live without it :(.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
All of the big sword users - Link, Marth, and Ike - are pretty much interchangable animation-wise - except that Link holds his sword in the left hand. Let's see... Ike's Uair could be the copter, but other than that it might not be so easy. I'd say that for suicide you'll have to find someone who doesn't have a sword but puts their hand to their chest... hmm... and I don't think anyone has the cross-legged position. Well, good luck anyway!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Okay I'll try and reply to everyone.
Firstly, wow I didn't know it would be this popular! I'll try and make it the best I can!
To the people who think Marth isn't a good base, he is the closest I can get, he is the only person with a light-sword also.
@Vile
I don't know if this is a challenge or what, but I will state now that this will be my first PSA. But don't think of me as an ameteur (sp?), I've dabbled with many different coding languages in the past, I understand HEX and I pretty much know how PSA works.
@IndigoFenix
I will look through everyone's movesets tonight.

@Anyone
If you haven't looked at the moveset on the last page and want to help out with the project, I suggest you look as it has most of the animations already listed.
I need to find animations for the Firmiana Branch, I'll also work on that tonight.
Do you guys think Yoshimitsu should regenerate health slowly when crouching?
Just wondering, does Lucario have a cross-legged position? Also do his bones match-up?
And finally, I don't really know how to balance characters and stuff, so if anyone wants to help with the project this way, I imagine Yoshimitsu as an average character speed/weight/strength wise, but he should be able to combo quite well, and have unpredictability on his side like G&W and Wario.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
He's got to have the suicide, but sadly self-damaging hasn't been figured out yet. Self-destruction has, however. Maybe he could have a move in which he stabs himself and then explodes in a violent blast, killing himself and everyone nearby?
Not entirely canon, but suitable nonetheless... not to mention hilarious. I've been waiting for an exploding character ever since someone figured out the death variable...

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
hmmmmmmmmm...

id love you if his dash attack was that flip to shark attack to donkey kick. would be super filthy, even though you'd have to make a new animation.

i would help if i could, but since i dont have the time ill give you this...

im cytrs, and i approve of this topic.

RylanRD1

Smash Cadet
@Anyone
If you haven't looked at the moveset on the last page and want to help out with the project, I suggest you look as it has most of the animations already listed.
Well, I would try and help out with the moveset, but since I don't have Excel, I can't see the file with all the animations...
...I guess I can try and make a texture, if nobody's making one at the moment.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
You have to do sophitia next, altho I dont know who you would make into her since we cant model hack yet. do you have a texture you are going to use on marth to make him yoshimitsu?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Okay, once again I'll try and answer everyone.
@Indigo
I was going to make his neutral B the suicide, and make it able to be turned around akin Falcon Punch. I was worried at first that the move couldn't damage Yoshi, but I had an idea. I could give it considerable ending lag so it gives the opponent a chance to deal a huge amount of damage (this makes sense as it would probably put you in a bit of shock to stab yourself).

@Cytrs
That would probably be too complicated for a simple Dash Attack, but I'll keep it in mind.

@RylanRD1
Shame you can't see it. I'll post it up in a sec, and I'll convert this topic to an official thread about the hack. If you could work on a texture that would be great. My fav of his costumes is the one with multiple faces from SCII, but if you do make the texture and of his costumes would be fine.

@Poxag
I don't have a texture yet. Sophitia, could be Link? I don't know, I'd rather do more original characters rather than just a simple sword and shield. Maxi or Voldo would be so wicked.

RylanRD1

Smash Cadet
@RylanRD1
If you could work on a texture that would be great. My fav of his costumes is the one with multiple faces from SCII, but if you do make the texture and of his costumes would be fine.
I am already attempting the SC4 Yoshimitsu, and am pretty close to done. I just need to make his sword and edit the skin colour again (the one I set before is a little too blue-ish). I'll finish him up tomorrow, as well as add pictures and a download link to the .pac and .pcs files.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I am already attempting the SC4 Yoshimitsu, and am pretty close to done. I just need to make his sword and edit the skin colour again (the one I set before is a little too blue-ish). I'll finish him up tomorrow, as well as add pictures and a download link to the .pac and .pcs files.
You are a freaking legend!
I'll put the model on the first post and give you credit when you're done.
I have some homework to do tonight, but after that I'll probably look for some more animations. Good luck with the rest of the texture!

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Well if i feel like i cant do any better than the model being made, i will only make animations. But either way, im not doing anything until i see some promise.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Well if i feel like i cant do any better than the model being made, i will only make animations. But either way, im not doing anything until i see some promise.
I understand. Don't feel obliged to help me in anyway, I know what it seems like considering I'm a new member and that it's my first PSA.

But trust me, this will go through.

I'm off to go check out some animations, I'll be back later.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Wait a second...

Check the 'sleeping' animations. I think I remember someone having a cross-legged sleeping position... Ganondorf maybe?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Wait a second...

Check the 'sleeping' animations. I think I remember someone having a cross-legged sleeping position... Ganondorf maybe?
Checking now!
I hope you're right!

On a side note, I found 2 more animations for the Firmiana Branch,
now it goes: Marth's Ftilt, Shiek's Ledge Roll (pressing shiel while on a ledge), *, Shiek's Uair.
* = Spinning Dive animation.

So all we need is one more animation and Forward Special is done.

Now checking the sleeping animations...

Nah, i isn't the right animation. The closest I could find is Shiek's, would it pass as meditation do you guys think?

marter

Smash Apprentice
So, how close is this to being complete? Is the moveset in the first post all completed, or is it just what is planned? I'm really looking forward to this, hope it all works well.

RylanRD1

Smash Cadet
On a side note, I found 2 more animations for the Firmiana Branch,
now it goes: Marth's Ftilt, Shiek's Ledge Roll (pressing shiel while on a ledge), *, Shiek's Uair.
* = Spinning Dive animation.

So all we need is one more animation and Forward Special is done.
Spinning Dive...I know that when a character gets hit really hard, they go into a spinning animation. I haven't actually seen Firmiana Branch, so I wouldn't know if that's the right kind of spin.

Anyway, I finished my Yoshimitsu texture. It was pretty difficult to make, especially the helmet--actually, the helmet could use a little more work, but that's only if you don't like it as it is. I'll post the two pictures I took as well as a download link shortly, so tell me if you like it when I do...

...oh, wait, I already have.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

Spinning Dive...I know that when a character gets hit really hard, they go into a spinning animation. I haven't actually seen Firmiana Branch, so I wouldn't know if that's the right kind of spin.

Anyway, I finished my Yoshimitsu texture. It was pretty difficult to make, especially the helmet--actually, the helmet could use a little more work, but that's only if you don't like it as it is. I'll post the two pictures I took as well as a download link shortly, so tell me if you like it when I do...

...oh, wait, I already have.
The texture is brilliant, thanks a truck load!
I will add it to the first post soon!

It's hard to explain the spinning dive, see if you can get a copy of SCII, then you could see the attack in training mode.

@marter
That is just the planned moves, the hack hasn't been started yet.

RylanRD1

Smash Cadet
It's hard to explain the spinning dive, see if you can get a copy of SCII, then you could see the attack in training mode.
Darn it. I have SCII for PS2, but it's pretty scratched, maybe to the point where it's unusable. I'll try and see if I could get it to work.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Darn it. I have SCII for PS2, but it's pretty scratched, maybe to the point where it's unusable. I'll try and see if I could get it to work.
Good luck with that.
Unfortuantely, the only SC game I own is SCII, so I can't find moves from other games. I may get SC: Broken Destiny for Christmas though.

EDIT: Yes! You're Spinning Dive idea worked, I've now crossed both his Uthrow and Fspecial off my to-do list. Thanks!

RylanRD1

Smash Cadet
Good luck with that.
I didn't get it to work.

Yes! You're Spinning Dive idea worked, I've now crossed both his Uthrow and Fspecial off my to-do list. Thanks!
It did? Well, that's good. What moves are you planning on doing next, and can I help out with any?

Oh, and by the way:
in the mean time you can download this wonderful texture made by RylanDR1
Switch the two letters I 'boldified', please.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I didn't get it to work.
That's a shame man. But we've got the move finished, so that's good.

It did? Well, that's good. What moves are you planning on doing next, and can I help out with any?
Well the animations we still need are:
Dthrow (Jaw Smash)
So we need him slamming his right hand down about hald an arm's length in front of him.

Nspecial (Seppuku)
We need an animation of Yoshi stabbing himself, but I can't think of any.

Utaunt
This one I can't think of an animation for, and my GC controller is broken so I can't look at his animation in SC. If you could think of a taunt animation that would be great!

Dtaunt and Crouch
These are both the meditation/cross-legged position ones.

There is also the Ftilt Rotate, but I may change that to a different move because model hacking isn't possible yet, meaning we can't give him a flagstaff. So if you have any suggestions for a ftilt animation, that'd be great!

I can't wait until model hacking can give him the flagstaff, because it will just add to his awesomeness.

Oh, and by the way:

Switch the two letters I 'boldified', please.

Fix'd. Sorry for the typo, won't happen again.
On another topic, I've added notes for most of the moves, detailing how they will most likely be used. This will assist me later on when I'm working out damage and knockback, but it may help people get a look at how this akward character will play. His main focus is to play defensively until he can get them near the edge, then use a gimpy kill. I assume he will own against characters with poor speed or attack speed such as Ike, DK, Bowser, DDD, etc... and that characters with a good air game such as Jiggly, meta-Knight, Ness, etc... will be very defensive and difficult. His only weapon against them would be his aerials which will have akward knockback for the opponent and help Yoshimitsu stall. Oh, and he should be quite good at edge-guarding from what I've done so far.

RylanRD1

Smash Cadet
Dthrow (Jaw Smash)
So we need him slamming his right hand down about hald an arm's length in front of him.
Samus' Attack12 is an animation of her slamming her right hand down. Not half an arm's length, though.

Nspecial (Seppuku)
We need an animation of Yoshi stabbing himself, but I can't think of any.
Why aren't there any suicidal people in Brawl? I'll check some throw animations, I think Sheik's FThrow might be close.

EDIT: Nope, Sheik uses her LEFT hand to hit the person...

Utaunt
This one I can't think of an animation for, and my GC controller is broken so I can't look at his animation in SC. If you could think of a taunt animation that would be great!
Looking through some videos on Youtube, there is a Win animation which Yoshimitsu ends with an animation similar to Link's FSmash charge. Maybe you can add that as the uptaunt or a victory pose?

Dtaunt and Crouch
These are both the meditation/cross-legged position ones.
Yeah, I agree that Sheik's sleeping motion is close to meditation, and chances are that's the closest we can get without learning animation hacking.

I can't wait until model hacking can give him the flagstaff, because it will just add to his awesomeness.
Agreed :)

Top Bottom