• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Namu, namu, namu, namu!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Samus' Attack12 is an animation of her slamming her right hand down. Not half an arm's length, though.
I'll check soon... May work.

Why aren't there any suicidal people in Brawl? I'll check some throw animations, I think Sheik's FThrow might be close.

EDIT: Nope, Sheik uses her LEFT hand to hit the person...
Shame, almost worked. I think we need a custom animation for this.

Looking through some videos on Youtube, there is a Win animation which Yoshimitsu ends with an animation similar to Link's FSmash charge. Maybe you can add that as the uptaunt or a victory pose?
Sounds like more of a victory animation to me. I'd love to do the animation where he sits down and claps his feet together, but I don't want to add another animation to my to-do list.

Yeah, I agree that Sheik's sleeping motion is close to meditation, and chances are that's the closest we can get without learning animation hacking.
Okay, I'll put that down for now, but leave it on the to-do list in case we can find a better one.
I was thinking, would the texture look more Yoshimitsu like if we removed the cape?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
GrimTuesday, your australian lol, same here :p
Hey whaddya know! Which state do you live in? If SA I might host a tournament and invite you XD.

Also, what are you guys opinions on the Yoshimitsu playstyle I layed out, does it need tweaking?

EDIT: Hey Rylan! The animation worked! I can cross Jaw Breaker off the to-do list now.
I'm also accepting that we won't find a better animation for meditating than Shiek's sleeping, so I'm crossing that off the list too. So animation wise, we just need the Seppuku and the Ftilt (which I haven't decided what it is yet, and I can't find a new move because my GC controller is broken -_-).

We're making progress!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Bumpity Bump Bump.
I managed to get sound effects for all of his moves except the "Repent!" one.
But unfortunatley they have an annoying background noise, if anyonce could help remove it I'd be grateful!
Namu, namu, namu, namu!

I've decided his ftilt will be either the Kabuki or Backhand, whichever I find an animation for first. So...
Kabuki: Hops forward on one leg and brings down his sword.
Backhand: Smacks them with the back of his fist.

Also if anyone feels up to writing down the damage for all the moves that would be great.

Thanks everyone for your help and support, I should be able to get onto the actual hacking very soon.

~Tuesday

P.S. Also a small update, Seppuku now breaks shields instantly, it seemed pretty bad for a move that dealt damage to yourself and could be so easily shielded, so I thought I'd add something else to it. Also the move is unblockable in the SC games.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
ooh! Yoshimitsu! awesome! though I prefer SCII version of Yoshi. I'll see if I can make a texture of that one...

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Turn down the BGM and SFX on high and capture card everything.

Also, use the Japanese voices, they sound SO much better.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Turn down the BGM and SFX on high and capture card everything.

Also, use the Japanese voices, they sound SO much better.
I completley agree about the japanese voices, but I sort of feel I'd rather have an English speaking version, besides, Yoshi's english voices isn't that bad.
I'll probably make a *** version and an English version, so people can choose.

@ds22
No need, I've got them now, thanks for the input though!

@zephyrnereus
A texture would be awesome if you could make that!, I'd add it to the main page. Once again, people can choose from the SC4 one or the SC2 one.

I was thinking, we could remove Marth's cape to make it look more like Yoshimitsu, what do you guys thing?

EDIT: I have got all of the Voices and Attack sound effects in English without the background music. You can download them here: Improved Yoshimitsu Sound Effects
I will work on getting the Japanese voices and the hurt sound effects soon.
In the mean time, would anyone be able to convert these for use in the hack?

A final note, I am now working on the damage for each attack, I will post it here when I am done and if you guys want to critic some of my choices feel free.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Ok, so I've added the damage for all the attacks. I'd be interested in hearing any feedback you have for them, wether you think they should be changed or they are perfect.

I've also added a detailed Playstyle guide to the OP. I tried to make him balanced by making him very good at what he's good at, but very bad at what he's bad at. Once again, I'd love to hear your feedback on the playstyle!

The project is coming along nicely but there are still some things we need to do.
- Convert the sound files.
- Find an animation for either the Kabuki or Backhand.
- Find/Create an animation for his Suicide.
If you can help with any of these things, even in the slightest way, that'd be really grand.

~Tuesday

RylanRD1

Smash Cadet
@zephyrnereus
A texture would be awesome if you could make that!, I'd add it to the main page. Once again, people can choose from the SC4 one or the SC2 one.
Oh yeah, that reminds me. I was going to edit SC4 Yoshimitsu a little bit more. The head still didn't turn out like I wanted it to, so I'm deciding on desaturating it instead. I'll be doing it later, though, I have a friend over.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, that reminds me. I was going to edit SC4 Yoshimitsu a little bit more. The head still didn't turn out like I wanted it to, so I'm deciding on desaturating it instead. I'll be doing it later, though, I have a friend over.
I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Hmm... Assuming we did remove the cape, would you be able to texture hack the bits that are normally covered up?

marter

Smash Apprentice
On the attacks:

Dtilt: Should have multiple button presses for multiple spins. Like, you press Down and A once, he spins once, but if you hold down and then hit A three times, he spins three times. If he spins more than once, he should fall down.

FSmash: Please don't make this Soul Siphon. I feel that would be much better as the move he does if you hot an attack button while grabbing an opponent. Forward smash should like his charged unblockable, <<B I believe. He holds the sword behind him, and then charges it. It's unblockable in the SC games. I think it would fit much better.

USmash: There isn't one, unless I misread. Marth's USmash is probably pretty good as is for Yoshi.

Throws:Except for Dthrow are all too powerful. They seem good, but their power is way too high.

Roll: If you could do this, it would be awesome. Have him able to teleport, but teleport 5-6 times before having to stop and then falling over. Each additional teleport should do 2-3% damage to Yoshi. I doubt this is possible though.

Dash: Ninja Blade Rush counter hit would be an incredible dash attack. If you're not sure what that is, it is where Yoshi basically goes through his opponent. It was one of my favorite moves in SCII.

Hope this helps, and I hope I can help some more in the future.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
On the attacks:

Dtilt: Should have multiple button presses for multiple spins. Like, you press Down and A once, he spins once, but if you hold down and then hit A three times, he spins three times. If he spins more than once, he should fall down.
It's a good idea, is it necessary though? I like the falling down idea.

FSmash: Please don't make this Soul Siphon. I feel that would be much better as the move he does if you hot an attack button while grabbing an opponent. Forward smash should like his charged unblockable, <<B I believe. He holds the sword behind him, and then charges it. It's unblockable in the SC games. I think it would fit much better.
Do you know the exact name of the move? I don't want to change too much at the moment and I wanted the attack to be more original than just a sword slash.

USmash: There isn't one, unless I misread. Marth's USmash is probably pretty good as is for Yoshi.
Did I not do the Usmash? Oh well it is Crying Spirit Sword if you want to know, pretty much just Marth's Fsmash animation.

Throws:Except for Dthrow are all too powerful. They seem good, but their power is way too high.
I was going to give hima terrible grab range, but they might still be too powerful, would you suggest halving the damage?

Roll: If you could do this, it would be awesome. Have him able to teleport, but teleport 5-6 times before having to stop and then falling over. Each additional teleport should do 2-3% damage to Yoshi. I doubt this is possible though.
That would be so awesome, but I don't know. Would it be too good?

Dash: Ninja Blade Rush counter hit would be an incredible dash attack. If you're not sure what that is, it is where Yoshi basically goes through his opponent. It was one of my favorite moves in SCII.
I'll look it up in a sec.

Hope this helps, and I hope I can help some more in the future.
Thanks for the help!, I'll try and work on what you said.

marter

Smash Apprentice
It's a good idea, is it necessary though? I like the falling down idea.
Too stay true to SC, yes it would be necessary. It also gives choice to the player. Do more damage and risk punishment, or play it safe.
Do you know the exact name of the move? I don't want to change too much at the moment and I wanted the attack to be more original than just a sword slash.
Just looking at my SCII guide, I believe it is called Sword Impale. I boot up the game if you wish, but I believe that is the move I'm thinking of.
I was going to give hima terrible grab range, but they might still be too powerful, would you suggest halving the damage?
Average grab damage is 8%-12% (I think).
FThrow = 10%
DThrow = 9%
BThrow = 11%
UThrow = 12%

I think that would be pretty good. Anything else you need help with (not requiring knowledge of hacking, I have SCII-IV for references) I can help you. I also enjoy Beta testing, so when you get to that stage, let me know.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Too stay true to SC, yes it would be necessary. It also gives choice to the player. Do more damage and risk punishment, or play it safe.

Just looking at my SCII guide, I believe it is called Sword Impale. I boot up the game if you wish, but I believe that is the move I'm thinking of.

Average grab damage is 8%-12% (I think).
FThrow = 10%
DThrow = 9%
BThrow = 11%
UThrow = 12%

I think that would be pretty good. Anything else you need help with (not requiring knowledge of hacking, I have SCII-IV for references) I can help you. I also enjoy Beta testing, so when you get to that stage, let me know.
Okay firstly, in Soul Calibur Yoshi doesn't fall down after Iron Fist, you're thinking of a very similar move (Difference is it has more hits and Yoshi is standing up).
I will probably do this anyway though, thanks!

I'll look up Sword Impale now along with that Ninja Dash move.

I've changed the throws, hopefully they aren't as broken now.

If you want to help more you can try and find animations for the moves you suggested, or Suicide, Kabuki or Backhand.

Thanks for all your help!

EDIT: Sword Impale looks so awesome, I am replacing it.
I also looked up the Ninja Dash, it looks cool I guess, but what animation could I do for it? I think I prefer Ninja Sun Flare (I think that's what it is called, the one where he runs forward, rolls, then slashes).

marter

Smash Apprentice
If you want to help more you can try and find animations for the moves you suggested, or Suicide, Kabuki or Backhand.
The animations have to be from similarly sized characters, correct? Do they need to have a sword?

EDIT: Sword Impale looks so awesome, I am replacing it.
I also looked up the Ninja Dash, it looks cool I guess, but what animation could I do for it? I think I prefer Ninja Sun Flare (I think that's what it is called, the one where he runs forward, rolls, then slashes).
Good to know Sword Impale will work. Nonja Sun Flare will work fine for the dash, I figure it's just my soft spot for Ninja Dash. Either one will look great if implemented properly.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
The animations have to be from similarly sized characters, correct? Do they need to have a sword?

Good to know Sword Impale will work. Nonja Sun Flare will work fine for the dash, I figure it's just my soft spot for Ninja Dash. Either one will look great if implemented properly.
The characters need to be similarly sized yes, but they don't need a sword. As long as they do the animation as if the sword was in their right hand (So most of Link's animations don't work).

I'm implementing Sword Impale and Sun Flare as we speak.

marter

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to only take a certain part of the animation, or does it need to be left intact?

marter

Smash Apprentice
You can take only 1 frame of it if you want.
Excellent! For Suicide, you could try the first part of Captain Falcon's side taunt. The startup of Ike's Neutral B into that part of Captain Falcon's side taunt might work. I'll keep looking for better options though.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Excellent! For Suicide, you could try the first part of Captain Falcon's side taunt. The startup of Ike's Neutral B into that part of Captain Falcon's side taunt might work. I'll keep looking for better options though.
Checking now, thanks!

Also I'm annoyed. I found the perfect animation for Kabuki (Link's Dtaunt) but because he is left handed it won't work :(.
Oh well.

EDIT: That just might work! Is anyone able to test this? I haven't got BrawlBox yet and I need to know if this works!

If this DOES work, you are a god.

marter

Smash Apprentice
Checking now, thanks!

Also I'm annoyed. I found the perfect animation for Kabuki (Link's Dtaunt) but because he is left handed it won't work :(.
Oh well.

EDIT: That just might work! Is anyone able to test this? I haven't got BrawlBox yet and I need to know if this works!

If this DOES work, you are a god.
The Ike thing may not work though, the taunt uses one hand, and Ike's neutral B is two handed.

EDIT: If you do decide to use the Ninja Dash move I suggested, either Lucario's Double team or Fox/Falco's side B might help with making an illusion effect.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
The Ike thing may not work though, the taunt uses one hand, and Ike's neutral B is two handed.

EDIT: If you do decide to use the Ninja Dash move I suggested, either Lucario's Double team or Fox/Falco's side B might help with making an illusion effect.
With the Ike thing, we need someone to test it out.

I probably won't use Ninja Dash i'm sorry, but I'll keep it in mind just in case.
How much health do you think crouch should restore?

marter

Smash Apprentice
With the Ike thing, we need someone to test it out.

I probably won't use Ninja Dash i'm sorry, but I'll keep it in mind just in case.
How much health do you think crouch should restore?
Not much, maybe 2%-3% per second? I'm really not sure.

As for Kabuki, unless the animation has changed a bunch from SCII, (I'm using SCIV, as I realized I just re-bought SCII and haven't unlocked Yoshi :( ) Ike's Ftilt or Ending on SideB might work.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Not much, maybe 2%-3% per second? I'm really not sure.

As for Kabuki, unless the animation has changed a bunch from SCII, (I'm using SCIV, as I realized I just re-bought SCII and haven't unlocked Yoshi :( ) Ike's Ftilt or Ending on SideB might work.
Must have changed a bit then, does the one in SC4 have him on one foot or...?

Also, I was thinking 2-3 per second as well, I'll add that to the OP.

Just as a bit of random trivia, who do you use in the Soul games?

marter

Smash Apprentice
Must have changed a bit then, does the one in SC4 have him on one foot or...?

Also, I was thinking 2-3 per second as well, I'll add that to the OP.

Just as a bit of random trivia, who do you use in the Soul games?
In SCIV, it has him hit a horizontal slash, then bounce on one foot.
In SCII, I used Raphael, in SCIII & SCIV, I mostly used Seigfried.

Haha?

Smash Rookie
Sounds Really Good So Far Man, Can't Wait To Come Over And Test This Out When Its Done XD.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
In SCIV, it has him hit a horizontal slash, then bounce on one foot.
In SCII, I used Raphael, in SCIII & SCIV, I mostly used Seigfried.
Hmm, in SCII he stands on one foot as he slashes. I still need the on one foot animation whatever the case, what does Marth's on the ledge animation look like?

I've only ever played SCII heaps, and my mains are Cervantes, Kilik and Yoshi.

@HaHa?
Just wait for me to own your sorry @$$ with him XD.

marter

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, in SCII he stands on one foot as he slashes. I still need the on one foot animation whatever the case, what does Marth's on the ledge animation look like?

I've only ever played SCII heaps, and my mains are Cervantes, Kilik and Yoshi.

@HaHa?
Just wait for me to own your sorry @$$ with him XD.
Just went though all Beamsword animations, these two may work

Luigi Ftilt w/Beamsword
Wolf Neutral A w/Beamsword

Give them a try. Wolf's is probably the closest (If you need to have a foot of the ground). As just an animation, I liked Link's Dash attack with a Beamsword, but it's probably not what you want.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Just went though all Beamsword animations, these two may work

Luigi Ftilt w/Beamsword
Wolf Neutral A w/Beamsword

Give them a try. Wolf's is probably the closest (If you need to have a foot of the ground). As just an animation, I liked Link's Dash attack with a Beamsword, but it's probably not what you want.
I checked out Link's as well, it does look awesome. If I do a Xianghua hack I may use that.
Unfortunatley they both have the wrong bone structure, Luigi may fit but I'm pretty sure he doesn't.

marter

Smash Apprentice
I checked out Link's as well, it does look awesome. If I do a Xianghua hack I may use that.
Unfortunatley they both have the wrong bone structure, Luigi may fit but I'm pretty sure he doesn't.
Well, that's a shame. I believe Ike may be the closest you can get then.

marter

Smash Apprentice
Is Peach close enough in bone structure? If she is, part of her down taunt will work for backhand. Park of Falco's Neutral aerial may also work, but using aerials on the ground usually don't look very good.

Top Bottom