• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Namu, namu, namu, namu!

marter

Smash Apprentice
What is the Animation you still need? I'll look for it when I get a chance. As for the music converting, hopefully someone will do that for you.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
lol I loved his sword copter in SCII. Just played that the other day for nostalgia's sake. Be sure to have him hop on his sword (sword pogo lol) and jump up really high and yell YOU, DIE! like he does :3

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
What is the Animation you still need? I'll look for it when I get a chance. As for the music converting, hopefully someone will do that for you.
I need the Seppuku animation and hopefully a better Kabuki animation. I hope someone does the music converting, it isn't essential but it would help.

@Oni K4ge
Glad you like him, you can check out the moveset and other misc. information in the OP.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Rejoice! For the day of animation previewing is upon us! Now all animations can be created!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Rejoice! For the day of animation previewing is upon us! Now all animations can be created!
Rejoicing now.
So, if possible, could anyone make:
A suicide animation,
A Meditate animation
or a Kabuki animation.

The top priority is obviously suicide, but the others would be great.

On another note, for the Kabuki animation, Link's taunt fits really well, but because he is left handed he holds up his left hand to slash, if this could be changed it would be the perfect animation.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Looks to me like slight modification to some of Ike's animations (neutral B, something where he slumps to the ground?) would make a good suicide. I'll try it out, but don't count on me.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Looks good! I was thinking that right after using it, he should automatically go straight into Ike's DownSpot animation (slumping to the ground) and then be left lying on the ground. There also needs to be an aerial version (same principle but based on the SpecialAirN animation) that should flow straight into the DamageFall animation.

EDIT: I found a really useful technique. Seems that the size and proportions of a model are determined by the Translations on bones, so by copying all Translations from a T-Stance to the first frame of any character's animation, you could give any character an animation from any other character, even if they aren't even close to the same size. Now, what were those animations that would work perfectly if they fit his model...?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Looks good! I was thinking that right after using it, he should automatically go straight into Ike's DownSpot animation (slumping to the ground) and then be left lying on the ground. There also needs to be an aerial version (same principle but based on the SpecialAirN animation) that should flow straight into the DamageFall animation.

EDIT: I found a really useful technique. Seems that the size and proportions of a model are determined by the Translations on bones, so by copying all Translations from a T-Stance to the first frame of any character's animation, you could give any character an animation from any other character, even if they aren't even close to the same size. Now, what were those animations that would work perfectly if they fit his model...?
This is great!
I can't think of any attacks that would be bettered by this discovery, but the Seppuku looks really good.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Looks to me like he modified Ike's SpecialN. I was in the middle of doing it, but his came out better, so I stopped. :)

By the way, do you think Firmiana Branch should be his Side-B? I think it might be better as a Dash Attack, since it would look kind of weird in the air (can you give a dash attack these sort of special properties? I think you can...). I was thinking to instead give him the Sword Pogo Stance as his Side-B, and make Meditate his Down-B. Both of these moves could be 'stances' that let him flow into other possible moves (Bounce, roll off the sword, spin attack, heal, teleport...). Besides, having a crouch that restores health is kind of a bit extreme for a basic motion technique, don't you think?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Looks to me like he modified Ike's SpecialN. I was in the middle of doing it, but his came out better, so I stopped. :)

By the way, do you think Firmiana Branch should be his Side-B? I think it might be better as a Dash Attack, since it would look kind of weird in the air (can you give a dash attack these sort of special properties? I think you can...). I was thinking to instead give him the Sword Pogo Stance as his Side-B, and make Meditate his Down-B. Both of these moves could be 'stances' that let him flow into other possible moves (Bounce, roll off the sword, spin attack, heal, teleport...). Besides, having a crouch that restores health is kind of a bit extreme for a basic motion technique, don't you think?
True, but having that for a Dash Attack is a bit extreme XD.
Your way makes more sense, but I wanted his crouch to be unique.

I will consider what you've said, but quite frankly, I don't want to add anything else to my workload, I have 2 school projects as well as graduation coming up, am working on a fighting game, and making a combo video with the Pichu boards.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice

Would you take the Translations from the T-stance of the character being modified, or from the character you're taking the animation from?

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Would you take the Translations from the T-stance of the character being modified, or from the character you're taking the animation from?
From the character being modified. Just replace the animation like normal, click on every bone and look at the Translation data at Frame 0 (T-stance), then copy those translations to Frame 1 of the animation. Unless it's an animation where the Translation data changes over the course of the animation (very uncommon), the same translations should apply for the whole thing.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
Well, there is a perfect animation for seppuku, but I dunno how you can incorporate it. When you give Marth Ike's moveset, Marth's neutral B causes him to stab himself in the chest

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Well, there is a perfect animation for seppuku, but I dunno how you can incorporate it. When you give Marth Ike's moveset, Marth's neutral B causes him to stab himself in the chest
Okay, it's decided. We'll use that then.
That means... We only have one animation left! Kabuki!
Were people discussing earlier how any animation can be swapped now no matter what the bone structure? If so, I think some of the beam sword animations would work...

And THAT means...
It's time to move onto knockback!
I really need your input for this guys, if you've read through his playstyle then it should give you a good idea of the knockback direction and distance for each move.

Thanks everyone who's helped this project get where it is today!

EDIT: I've updated the main post, added what animations I'm using for the attacks, altered a few attacks, etc...

EDIT AGAIN: Tried to do knockback directions, they are all rounded to the nearest 5 and this is only my first attempt. I'd really like opinions from the technical ones among us of wether these would work for the playstyle I've set out for him.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Bump it up!
Working out knockback amounts at the moment, once I have them down, I'll start working on the PSA.
For some reason animation swapping with BrawlBox isn't working for me, I may give some specifics later but anyone have any ideas why?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
WOAH! Huge BUMP!
Sorry I haven't been updating this in a while, I got the new Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny for christmas and it has given me so many ideas.

Huge change in his playstyle with the addition of Stances, check out the OP to find out about them!

I've also added all of the knockback amounts so... It's time to start making the hack! Yay!

...and there was much rejoicing...

LSDX

Wah!
After the whole tl;dr first post and the awesome looking character, scrolling down and seeing the lackluster texture hack for Marth and seeing that it is just that, a texture hack (disregarding the PSA moves), I'm unimpressed.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
After the whole tl;dr first post and the awesome looking character, scrolling down and seeing the lackluster texture hack for Marth and seeing that it is just that, a texture hack (disregarding the PSA moves), I'm unimpressed.
The texture hack was made long before model hacking was around if that is what you are talking about, I'm always interested in imporvements if anyone is willing, even the creator admitted it didn't have much effort put into it.

Thought this was dead, how much work left to do? Seems interesting.
Well, we need to get all the animations made, make the damage, knockback, etc... changes in PSA, get a model for him with Flagstaff included and test.

humble

Smash Ace
Well, we need to get all the animations made, make the damage, knockback, etc... changes in PSA, get a model for him with Flagstaff included and test.
So...basically everything. >_> What has been done, then?

For the flag staff you could take his sheath, move it to his back and stretch it like a pole, then move the cape up and shrink it to look like the flag.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
So...basically everything. >_> What has been done, then?

Erm, you have checked the OP right?
The very intricate moveset which details damage, knockback, knockback direction and describes every attack?

I don't like blindly going into projects, the more planning the better it will turn out.

For the flag staff you could take his sheath, move it to his back and stretch it like a pole, then move the cape up and shrink it to look like the flag.
Good idea, is there anyone interested in doing this? I've never tired model hacking so...

Top Bottom