• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair OoS?

nDie

Smash Apprentice
How do you do it without full hop? Do you use the control stick? Cuz I can't hit the nair low enough if I do it light tapping x. Use Z for nair maybe?

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Depends. I can use the control stick and X to nair OOS- then again. I practiced it until i could; Your best bet is to just practice short hopping OOS without the nair first and then working on the nair.

I suspect you do what I did at first, and thats "rush" to the nair and don't focus enough on the shorthop section and press X too hard without fully realizing your problem.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Personally, I use Y for all my short hops. So what I do is tap Y, and with the bottom part of my thumb, hit A for the nair. If you're not used to Y jumping then it might take some practice.

But that's just the way I do it.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- Just worth mentioning. One of my friends taught me that if you really quickly flick the c-stick up whilst you're shielding it does a short hop out of shield.

This is how I tend to do it.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Why not just use any other button or the control stick though? As you can't buffer a SH without insane timing of letting it go, there is no advantage to it over any other method.

Vincent46

Smash Cadet
Imho the best way is getting used to short hopping with the control stick. Also comes in handy when playing fox and falco for jump-cancelling the shine as soon as possible. And obviously getting frame perfect aerials out of shield in general.
Also SHDLs with fox if you're into that kind of stuff.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
SH or FH is executed by how long the jump button is pressed, not technically how 'lightly' ya press it

sheik's short hop is particularly difficult because the window for letting go of the jump button is smaller for her than i think any other character, maybe besides fox or something

remember, you just need to hit the jump button and then let go of it as quickly as you can....

that's if you're just trying to SH though, if you're trying to SH Nair OoS, you press the jump button in relation to the shield stun, so you can potentially hold the jump button for longer as long as you let go of it just as the shield stun ends... it's very possible with X+A or Y+A, the secret is just to let go of the jump button when you need to, and that just takes practice.......

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
sh nair oos is generally more applicable than fj

fj leaves you in the air too long and doesn't hit low enough for it to be really useful most of the time

sometimes fj is necessary to hit characters that are using fjs and djs to space moves on your shield

nDie

Smash Apprentice
I would use Z but my index finger is on R always and there is no way I'm breaking that habit. Thanks for all the advice. I didn't know sh was based on how long it was held, that should help while I'm practicing it.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/user/SoWaMelee?feature=mhum << got 3 vids up here just now, first time recording. It's just friendlies, not playing seriously but if you wouldn't mind throwing out some constructive criticism, that would be great.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I use R to shield primarily as well. However, I have now realised I have got into a habit of switching to L when I am already in shield and looking for a space to Nair out if they are leaving gaps in their presure but spacing to avoid the grab.

Fiz

Smash Apprentice
I usually use R to shield but I don't know why, it's much easier for me to do it with L.
so I use L + A. should try the CStick though, I had never known that you could short hop with it...

DualCats

Smash Ace
I used to use Z for nairs OoS, but once I started playing Samus, I had to stop. I've used Cstick to jump, actually, but for sh nairs, I always use Y + A. Just what I've gotten accustomed to, I suppose.

Top Bottom