• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair is the best move in Luigi's moveset

TreK

Is "that guy"
dair passes through some usmash when nair gets pwnd
Luigi's Nair is still my favourite aerial among all my characters. And I play 15 characters. xD

Agora

Smash Journeyman
No it's alright to bump threads like these. I think SP tested this before. But luigi's footstool's jumps so high that they'll be able to escape by the time luigi's nair falls down :/
True, I kinda foresee this happening as well. I guess it's a way to get a free Nair at best, or maybe follow-up with aerials in some situations.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
N-air is beastly in this game. It breaks up "combos", and even in its weaker states, it gives just enough knockback for a quit u-tilt or two, then follow up with aerials. It's great because even at higher percentages, its low knockback still keeps the opponent in range for another aerial, or even a sneaky jump to fire punch >: ) .N-air to d-tilt works well against heavyweights too.

Also, I think u-tilt may spike sometime, I've noticed that my opponent's will sometimes slam onto the ground. Might be old news, just something I noticed.

N-air is great in tight matches too. When your opponent is at 110-120%, and they're trying to "combo" you and bring it back, using n-air not only breaks up the combo but finishes them off ^_^

Just my two cents

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
second favorite move after up tilt, works so well vs peach's and snake's

and for a previous post, snake's up tilt over snake's f-tilt.....DI/shield over f-tilt

kigbariom

Smash Lord
It is not that easy to just shield out of a side tilt snake, if it is used well. Which it normally is. Just all of Snake's tilts are painful

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Now, if you use N-air to combo (with its later frames), won't that weaken its initial strong hit once you choose to use it?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Now, if you use N-air to combo (with its later frames), won't that weaken its initial strong hit once you choose to use it?
Play luigi without spamming nair. Come back to me and tell me how you like it. =P

Also, a tip for facing sonic. I was having a weird bit of trouble with this matchup, until I realized I could just wait for sonic to attack and nair right through it. Now I just bait attacks and consider them nair openings.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Somebody should make a sig with Luigi flying through the air that says "To Nair is human"

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
MKs and probably ROBs are better...
Rob's Nair? I'd take Luigi's over Rob's any day. MK's Nair is only good because of the character as a whole, Luigi's Nair is good because it combos, kills, and comes out quickly with high priority.

cutter

Smash Champion
Rob's Nair? I'd take Luigi's over Rob's any day. MK's Nair is only good because of the character as a whole, Luigi's Nair is good because it combos, kills, and comes out quickly with high priority.
Actually I'd take Meta's Nair.

- hits on frame 3 just like Luigi's
- also has a lingering hitbox
- does more damage
- more power
- disjointed hitbox

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
It's not the best move in the game(turtle, MK dsmash, shuttle loop), but it's probably in the top 5. This move can change the way a character usually plays, because in most cases you can't combo Luigi strictly because of his nair.
What is "turtle"? Who uses that? I'm drawing a blank...

The second sentence supplies information why I think he's still going to climb the tier list. Not a whole bunch, maybe just one or two slots.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
It's not the best move in the game(turtle, MK dsmash, shuttle loop), but it's probably in the top 5. This move can change the way a character usually plays, because in most cases you can't combo Luigi strictly because of his Nair vBrawl is lame. Play Brawl+!!!
fixed4accuracy

snakes ftilt

/thread
Sad but true.

N-air is the most overrated move in the game.
No.

It's like in the top 3 aerials, possible the best, but best move? Hell no. Maybe top 10.

B!squick

Smash Master
fixed4accuracy
Brawl+ ruined Luigi's Mansion. Epic fail.

I use NAir all the time and out of ledge jumps. It's also the perfect remedy for ADs. Unless I predict it, in which case I replace NAir with a SHORYUKEN!.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
yes for some times Nair was lugi's move that gave me the most trouble. i had to work on tilting my shield up because of the nice shield poke it does

now i think shoryuken could potentialy be more problematic

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
yes for some times Nair was lugi's move that gave me the most trouble. i had to work on tilting my shield up because of the nice shield poke it does

now i think shoryuken could potentialy be more problematic
Dom on the Luigi boards?! Posting in English?!

The world is going insane...

Luigi's Mansion is a ****ty stage anyway. kthx

LuigiRocks14

Smash Rookie
The Best Luigi Moves Are :
Dair+Nair+Fair+Bair (Air's Moves)
By Theas Moves I Can Do Alot Of Luigi Combos ^^

~Good Thread hippiedude92~

JUDGE

Smash Lord
nair is just SEXY
but dunno whether its the best move in the game...........

Top Bottom