• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mysterious 'Smash 4' Teaser Website Goes Up

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Source: http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/newtitle/ [rightw]
[/rightw]

It appears the addition of Namco-Bandai to the Smash Bros. team line-up is paying off to the players much sooner than we expected.

Namco-Bandai has released an official website that reveals what appears to be a mosaic of subliminal pictures that many speculators have found to be "hints" to future Smash 4 characters. Of course, this speculation was backed by the incredibly large title painted in front of the website that says: "All-Star Battle: 3 Days".

The photo on the top-left appears to be a picture that resembles a vehicle that can be seen in the Professor Layton series from the 3DS. The photo to the right appears to be a dried up beef jerky. Not much correlation has been established as of now.

This is great news for all smash fans as we can expect to see future updates about the development of the game similar to how these updates were presented for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. A countdown until an all-star battle? I... I hope my body is ready.

While you're preparing your body, be sure to visit the Smash 4 forums to discuss with fellow smashers about this recent development.

Update (7/2/2012: 1:54 P.M.): It may be possible that this website could be an advertisement for Playstation's All-Star Battle coming out for the PS3.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Pretty sure this one goes either for All-Star Royale or something else entirely.
i think your right as well

@ Beef jerky, theres a running joke in japan about marth/ike eating some huge piece of meat so i assume its related to FE

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Pretty sure this one goes either for All-Star Royale or something else entirely.
Namco Bandai has nothing to do with All-Star Royale. However, they are helping to develop the next Smash.

The title is misleading though. There's no concrete evidence that this is a smash site, although I am hopeful.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I noticed that a few of the pictures involve water in some fashion. For example the ocean, aquarium, surface of water, and the nautilus.

If this is indeed a teaser website for Smash 4, then I bet one of the characters being teased is Starfy.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's either gonna be Project X Zone or Smash Bros. If it's the former, then they'll probably FINALLY confirm Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.

If it's the latter, don't expect much, unless we, for some reason, get a trailer. :ohwell:

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
It's either gonna be Project X Zone or Smash Bros. If it's the former, then they'll probably FINALLY confirm Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man.

If it's the latter, don't expect much, unless we, for some reason, get a trailer. :ohwell:
I doubt that it's Project X Zone since they put out a new trailer for it just now. If they were going to do some cryptic website I imagine they'd wait until the countdown ended to release a 10 minute trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMcMpAc1Ppg&feature=youtu.be

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I seriously doubt that this is Smash related. I don't know what makes people think it's going to be.

Namco Bandai assisting development in SSB4 doesn't mean that they have the rights to make a site related to it. if there's going to be a site for SSB4, would it be logical that the site would be Nintendo's or smashbros.com?

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I seriously doubt that this is Smash related. I don't know what makes people think it's going to be.

Namco Bandai assisting development in SSB4 doesn't mean that they have the rights to make a site related to it. if there's going to be a site for SSB4, would it be logical that the site would be Nintendo's or smashbros.com?
Obviously Namco would only make the site with Nintendo's permission, and if the teaser was on Nintendo's site it would be too obvious.

Top Bottom