• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

:: My tier list after 3 weeks ::.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
thanks king. you seem to be one of the more level headed members of this community.
so i'll speak to you. why would this topic get closed if i clearly state that it's MY (AKA personal) tier list after 3 weeks of extensive play?

this clearly wasn't posted to be a be all end all of tier lists during the game's infancy.
i mean cmon. i heard so much about how great this community was, and yet all i see are droves of angsty responses by users who seem to have enough of a post history to decipher the message or jist of a topic.

thanks again man.

The main reason why it would be closed is because most of these threads need to have a great deal of detail before they're left unlocked. I'd assume that there's a thread floating around for general discussion of character rankings, though I don't know where it is because so many new topics are made every minute.

Anyway, I think that the biggest mistake you made was calling it a "tier list". If you'd said "character rankings" instead, I think the response would have been a bit better. I don't know, I haven't done much besides lurk around for a while now, but that's the feeling I'm getting here.

...And no problem, I'm just kind of annoyed by how many people around here flame each other. It was a very good community while waiting for Brawl, but since it came out, it's just gotten sad, especially in general brawl discussion.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Wow...Wario is your pick for worst in game eh?

Because I've been hearing from a lot of players that Wario is insanely good in the air. So...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You didnt rate ROB, TL or ICs.. This is certainly...

sprodj

Smash Rookie
Two things:
DDD is easily top tier, with the ability to KO so early
and sadly, puff is not as good as you make her
she was nerfed so bad (with a horrible rest) that she just isn't that high up
maybe low tier, at best

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
Ness, that much lower than Lucas?
i realize that you only had 3 weeks (4 by now? dunno), but it seems you are too used to the Melee style of play, and perhaps none of your friends play the "lower tiers" well.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
This topic blows for not knowing what Tier means...

"my personal tier list" would mean

"who I win the most with"

Tiers are based off of tournament/battle standings...

Toon Link in middle tier? Bollucks, great projectiles, can combo easily, can finish
quite easily, good recovery, bomb rolling... shall I go on

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Okay so here's what irks me-- who the **** cares if he calls this a "tier list" or if he calls it "character impressions"? That's all it is--subjective early impressions. If he's got the game and wants to talk about the characters what the hell is the problem?

Sure, his list contradicts a lot of what I've heard about the characters out there (Wario worst in the game?), but so what? Only 1% of the people here have even PLAYED the game, there's nothing wrong with the rare person who owns it sharing his impressions. It's his own stupid fault for calling it a "tier list" but I repeat-- who cares what he calls it?

soulz

Smash Cadet
Ic's are just so incredibly good, it doesn't need to be in any list.

Ignis

Smash Rookie
Wait, wait --

Does anybody else find it terribly hypocritical that people are criticizing the thread creator for making a "tier list" because it's "too early to tell anything," yet telling the creator where certain characters should go?

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
That's funny, because Peach is nerfed and Falco is the worst of the spacies.

I know it's your opinion, but come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom