• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

:: My tier list after 3 weeks ::.

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit.Trotz

Smash Cadet
Well after weeks of strenuous character testing, here's my tier list for all the tier enthusiasts out there. still very early, obviously, but i know some of you still want to hear it :)

Top Tier

Marth - less range on his forward smash, but quicker overall and still insanely strong.
Falco
Fox
Peach
Luigi - surprise of the game. incredible air game, incredible priority and quick brutal smashes.

High Tier

Pit - probably the top of the high tier. can rack up damage very quickly, but really only has 2 effective kill moves, one of which is the hard to hit bair. arrows are incredible. his air game is weaker than you might think...
Pikmin and Olimar - olimar is surprisingly good on his own. pikmin smash attacks have amazing range.
Wolf
Toon Link
Jigglypuff - a bit nerfed but in a game where "air guarding" seems to be more proficient she'll be key.
Lucas - arguably the most balanced kill potential in smashes.
Pikachu - buffed. buffed. buffed.
Zelda - the heel is back and still devestating, and her attacks are now quicker.
Diddy - great combos here. not the best finisher.
Zero Suit Samus - starts with the best projectiles in the game. great combos, brutal pillaring, only drawback is some lag on most smashes.
Sheik - fair is nerfed alot, everything else is pretty much melee.

Mid Tier

Game and Watch - incredible smashes
Snake - mid for now. but i do see huge potential here.
MetaKnight - high damage dealer. some very good priority. lacks finish power.
Kirby - not much has changed.
Sonic - possibly the most annoying brawler to face. dash attack is extremely good and unpredictable. lacks finish.
Mario - good ol' mario.
Samus - i'd put her at the very top of the mid tier.
Link - up b nerfed. less control over range of arrows. clawshot nerfed. the only upgrade here is the bombs.
Pokemon Trainer - squirtle and ivysaur have some amazing smashes. charizard is a dud.
ROB

Low Tier

Ike - he's a tank with some good moves.
Lucario
Ness
King Dedede - great KO potential, but a big fat clumsy target.
DK

Bottom

Falcon
Bowser
Ganondorf
Yoshi
Wario - my pick for the worst in the game.

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
Wow, you must be some amazing superhuman to create a tier list in 3 weeks.... I mean really, if you spent 15 hours per day for 3 weeks straight you could play each character maybe 8 hours total. Give us a break and don't make a stupid topic like this. But if you feel that you MUST then do it on gamefaqs and dont use the term "tier list"

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Fox and Falco dont belong in top tier imo, and Wario worse then Bowser and Yoshi? I dont think so.

I reckon people shouldnt even bother to make tier lists yet, especially one person by himself, what we need, really is to wait like...a few months where everycharacter has been played by someone to its full potential...then we shall see...

super-7

Smash Journeyman
wario is not bottom tier he is decent speed and a crazy air game not to mention a nice recovery and
some words of advice before u make a tier list, dont make one 3 weeks after a games release

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
Can we get a sticky somewhere saying no more tier threads plz
Also good placement on kirby that's where he shouls be

hectichobo

Smash Ace
EDited again........ Wow i just looked at the people i liked... thats not very good with all the others.... how is gannondorf bottom tier?

Aether_Lord

Smash Apprentice
yeah this thread will get people mad. If you did this by yourself i think that will set them up real bad. lets wait till the competitive leagues play please lol. then you can make a list :)

slev

Smash Rookie
My thread tier list after 30 seconds.

High Tier

None

Mid Tier

Other threads

**** Tier

This thread

billywill

Smash Journeyman
How can you make a tier list? Tiers are based on the characters wins in a tournament...say most people win with Wario in a tournament that will cause him to be in a top tier. Say everyone who plays Marth loses that will cause Marth to be a bottom tier. (Atleast this is my perspective of tiers)

iron blade

Smash Ace
LOL I love how Robot isn't even on the list at all.

That means he's god tier, right?
XD Good call I didn't even notice that. It must mean that he is god tier.

Ike is good in the right hands.

This is going to get flamed until it's locked.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
inb4lock

seriously, we lack a character, Meta Knight isnt even High tier, and Wario was said to have great air Game, so wouldnt that put him right with Luigi? And no matter how hard it is to plant a Knee, CF will always be at least mid tier

Florida

イーグランツ
Wow, you must be some amazing superhuman to create a tier list in 3 weeks.... I mean really, if you spent 15 hours per day for 3 weeks straight you could play each character maybe 8 hours total. Give us a break and don't make a stupid topic like this. But if you feel that you MUST then do it on gamefaqs and dont use the term "tier list"
Although tier-list topics get old, there's nothing wrong with sharing impressions and thoughts on character tiers. It brings discussion and debate; so stop going around bashing everyone that posts one of these. If it's not needed/pointless/stupid, then wait for a moderator to just come by and close it. Bumping a useless thread with a useless post won't accomplish anything.

Regarding your tier list, I REALLY think Yoshi needs to be higher.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Jesus, calm down, people (not everyone, just a certain impolite few). If you don't like the thread, don't come here. There's no need to flame or mock anyone. Note the title, "MY Tier List". This list isn't being touted by anyone as the be-all or end-all, it's just one person's early impression of how the characters stack up.

Please, just leave this thread alone and let it be locked in peace.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Obvious troll is obvious?
Yeah. He just joined, and has 3 posts.
First of all, from having played the game extensively, most of those ideas are inaccurate. You obviously just put the characters you like, or thought other people would consider good, in the top tier.

It is impossible to construct a tier list after three weeks. Tier lists are assembled based on who wins tournaments. There have been no tournaments yet., and most character's potential haven't been discovered. Wait another year or so, and the BRoomers will come up with an accurate tier list.

8bit.Trotz

Smash Cadet
well you see, maybe thi scame off as a FINAL tier list to some, but it's obviously not the case.
this is "MY tier list" after "3 weeks of extensive play" - that's it.

Believe me. i've been around since the 64 days, and AM STILL figuring out things about Melee despite getting it upon it's midnight launch. I'm not ignorant - this isn't final. perhaps you guys need the fact that this is an opinion spoonfed to you, so i'll make sure to slap <opinion></opinion>, all over my next thread.

wow the sensitivity out there.
Now as for toon link and rob, i merely forgot and would put them in high and low respectively.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
Jesus, calm down, people (not everyone, just a certain impolite few). If you don't like the thread, don't come here. There's no need to flame or mock anyone. Note the title, "MY Tier List". This list isn't being touted by anyone as the be-all or end-all, it's just one person's early impression of how the characters stack up.

Please, just leave this thread alone and let it be locked in peace.
Making a tier list after 3 ****ING WEEKS is stupid. Yeah, it's an opinion and is in no way the real tier list. Doesn't save it from being a dumb topic.

Lafen

Smash Cadet
what ever, keep on saying YOSHI is bottom teir lol. I win almost 95 % of my matches online with Yoshi, the combo king.

8bit.Trotz

Smash Cadet
and to add to my last post.
trigger happy responses like this remind me of why i'm grateful for brawl's lack of online voice chat. i can barely read the angst let alone wonder how it all would have sounded

:)

cheers to all those who took this as I meant it.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Making a tier list after 3 ****ING WEEKS is stupid. Yeah, it's an opinion and is in no way the real tier list. Doesn't save it from being a dumb topic.

Dumb topic? Maybe. That's still no justification for all the cries of "YOU FAIL STUPID NOOB!" going on in this thread.

Whatever happened to common decency? The thread will be locked, and he will be told by the mods not to do it again. There's no need to rub it in his face.

8bit.Trotz

Smash Cadet
thanks king. you seem to be one of the more level headed members of this community.
so i'll speak to you. why would this topic get closed if i clearly state that it's MY (AKA personal) tier list after 3 weeks of extensive play?

this clearly wasn't posted to be a be all end all of tier lists during the game's infancy.
i mean cmon. i heard so much about how great this community was, and yet all i see are droves of angsty responses by users who seem to have enough of a post history to decipher the message or jist of a topic.

thanks again man.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Creating tier list is fun. And I like discussion on them. Anyways, I laugh at your placement of Wario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom