• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Snake okay? Right? :( (includes tourney vids)

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
So I went to this tourney and won and w.e. the guy i beat in Winners semi took me to second set first set was 2-3 then i 3-1d him. Anyway im just posting the best Vids Theres like 5 or 6 so dont mind the long post its just explaining what happened each game, and so you guys can see i guess how i really perform without stupid SDs and the whole i was playing badly johns. If I posted a video for the match watch it, Those are the best ones.)

lol Game 5 set 1 youll see why he took me to second set. My first stock is harsh, you'll have to see it to believe what i say no he didnt do any crazy combos or w.e. just watch and youll see. Anyway here you go. Please and thank you.

--------------
Winner's Semi (Set Count 2-1)

Game 1 (I won. Snake vs Falco. Battlefield.) Old New Vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUP9Nwpa64k

Game 2 (He Won. Snake vs Falco. Smashville)

Game 3 (I won. Snake vs Snake. Halbred. 3 stock comeback ^_^)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDX7b3Y390&feature=player_profilepage
--------------
Winner's Finals (Set Count 3-1)

Game 1 (I won. Snake vs Snake. BattleField. 2 Stock.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1NNKgkIFtE&feature=player_profilepage

Game 2 (I ***** won. Snake vs Meta. FD. 2 Stock.)

Replay didnt get saved. :'(

Game 3 (I lost. Snake vs Falco. Smashville.)

Game 4 Winner's Finals ( I won. Snake vs Falco. Halbred. 2 Stock.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNTYqC0iemA&feature=player_profilepage
---------------
Grand Finals Set 1 (Set Count 2-3)

Game 1 (I lost. Snake vs Meta. Smashville.)

Game 2 (I won. Snake vs Meta. Castle Seige. 2 Stock.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dimMEkjGP0&feature=player_profilepage

Game 3 (I Won. Snake vs Wario. Brinstar.)
NEW VID!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOiXiWnVVuI&feature=channel

Game 4 (I lost. Snake vs Falco. Smashville.)

Lol wtf!! i seriously do better agianst Falco on FD then I do on smashville)

Game 5 (I lost. Snake vs Falco. Yoshi's Island)

Lol even though i lost, I'ma post this. This is the match i was talking about such a dumb first stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uE2tqs2eu8&feature=player_profilepage
-----------------
Grand Finals Set 2 (Set count 3-1)

Game 1 (I ***** Won. Snake vs Falco. Yoshi's Island. 2 Stock. Yea thats right I'm tired of falco)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X8O2rvK0TE&feature=related

Game 2 (I ***** won. Snake vs Diddy. Smashville. 2 Stock. ***k a banana lock.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb2E4NYlclk&feature=player_profilepage

Game 3 (I barely lost. Snake vs Diddy. Smashville. Get banana Locked Princz!)

Game 4 (I Won. Snake vs Diddy. Halbred. 2 stock.) NEW VID!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWVhrGkqA_E

Superspright

Smash Lord
I feel like those guys were horrible. :S

Is some of this from wifi? Because...they are very slow.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Eh, you're "okay" I guess. Those are some pretty meh opponents. The Falco spammed roll like he was on wifi or something. And you losing that set to that first stock was entirely 100% your fault. You could have easily DIed back onto the stage so you didn't even end up off stage when spiked. The fact you not only let him spike you off stage, but didn't bother DIing at all away from that falling platform is completely your fault. Just sayin'.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
A couple of things before I critique:
- I don't critique dittos. Especially Snake dittos.

- Just because you don't like the match, doesn't mean it won't help us collect data. You're nullifying your own purpose by not showing the videos you lost on, or didn't like.

Ok, now..

-With the exception of Grand Finals, those other players were mediocre at best, and therefore, I'm not critiquing them.

-You missed a C4 recovery in Grand Finals, not good.

-Always recover as high and as far away as possible with Snake. Although he gets juggled easily, he's gimped easier.

-Your DI could be better.

-If you give Falco the opportunity to camp, he's going to camp. Don't give him that opportunity

More tomorrow.

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
I feel like those guys were horrible. :S

Is some of this from wifi? Because...they are very slow.
Na, no wifi. **** if they were horrible and i lost some games i need to step it up.

Eh, you're "okay" I guess. Those are some pretty meh opponents. The Falco spammed roll like he was on wifi or something. And you losing that set to that first stock was entirely 100% your fault. You could have easily DIed back onto the stage so you didn't even end up off stage when spiked. The fact you not only let him spike you off stage, but didn't bother DIing at all away from that falling platform is completely your fault. Just sayin'.
I didnt know this. Thanks man. yea critique as harshly as you can. oh and didnt you see i kept reading his rolls and grabbed him out of them in game 1 set 2

A couple of things before I critique:
- I don't critique dittos. Especially Snake dittos.

- Just because you don't like the match, doesn't mean it won't help us collect data. You're nullifying your own purpose by not showing the videos you lost on, or didn't like.

Ok, now..

-With the exception of Grand Finals, those other players were mediocre at best, and therefore, I'm not critiquing them.

-You missed a C4 recovery in Grand Finals, not good.

-Always recover as high and as far away as possible with Snake. Although he gets juggled easily, he's gimped easier.

-Your DI could be better.

-If you give Falco the opportunity to camp, he's going to camp. Don't give him that opportunity

More tomorrow.

Thank you i will take in all these tips. Except, when did i miss the c4 recovery?

P.s. I hate Snake dittos :(

-Ran

Smash Master
A man learns more in losing than in victory. Brawl is a game of making fewer mistakes than your opponent, and putting yourself into a position to where you can capitalize in. There's no glaring technical method to derive this. It's simply playing safe and effectively, which can only be judged from watching you lose to someone that is either better, or worse than you.

As an exercise to become better, you must always ask yourself: "Did I win because I was the better player, or was it was because my opponent was a worse player?" And then, when you lose, "Did I lose because of my own mistakes, or was my opponent actually better than me, why?"

If you can answer those two questions after every match, you'll become a better player.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Na, no wifi. **** if they were horrible and i lost some games i need to step it up.

I didnt know this. Thanks man. yea critique as harshly as you can. oh and didnt you see i kept reading his rolls and grabbed him out of them in game 1 set 2

Thank you i will take in all these tips. Except, when did i miss the c4 recovery?

P.s. I hate Snake dittos :(
we alll do

Panix

Smash Ace
Snake dittos are dumb, id much rather do a nice marth ditto or a MK ditto.

And by the way man, you have to stop cyphering so much, snake is a ground based character, putting him in the air intentionally (unless another snake [and or person with terrible dair]) is just not smart,

also, when another person is falling to the stage, its good to try and position a grab where they land is a nice way to capitialize and keep a good edgeguard going.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
whats wrong with snake dittos? they are pretty fun lol especially in duelist rofl

you should put all vids up that way we can tell you what you are doing wrong/right

i saw the snake video when u made tht comeback on halberd.

what was up with the nikita? failed b-reversal? and u blew urself up quite alot with ur own c4....u need some calmin down to do....snake is not a suicidal terrorist lol. and learn to dodge better too...u took alot nade blows and whatnot...well...then again its snake dittos..

KSB tryin to look good with his snake techniques lol

-Ran

Smash Master
The Snake Ditto is a match up that is a match that is all about who has the bigger balls. I'm serious.

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
whats wrong with snake dittos? they are pretty fun lol especially in duelist rofl

you should put all vids up that way we can tell you what you are doing wrong/right

i saw the snake video when u made tht comeback on halberd.

what was up with the nikita? failed b-reversal? and u blew urself up quite alot with ur own c4....u need some calmin down to do....snake is not a suicidal terrorist lol. and learn to dodge better too...u took alot nade blows and whatnot...well...then again its snake dittos..

KSB tryin to look good with his snake techniques lol
Lmao word i get instead of trigger happy, button happy (c4 clicking). yes failed b reversal i still cant get that **** down and it was risky for me to experiment during a tourney match -_- but w.e. someone needs to explain in full detal wtf am i supposed to do to not **** up the b reversal because there are times where i would get that **** like a million times in a row in training mode, then in battle it works like once or twice wtf !

and the dodging better thing, ill do. What my problem is that im so dumb when falling from the air or recovering against falco/kirby i end up falling into theirs fsmashes like a **** ****!!! even though im smarter then that and ALWAYS see it coming, =/ idk i just suck lol ill try to step it up.

It's funny too because i taught myself how not to airdodge into attacks when trying to get back on the gorund when a few months back being a scrub and repediatly getting ***** by airdodging into an mks down smash. Hasnt happened since. why i continue to do it against falco and kirby is beyond me lol, im weird.

we alll do
QFT, (especially me though, its like my worst match up)

Top Bottom