• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Elaborate for me, Phil. Why would Zazu fit the bill for Applejack? What about them from your perspective do you feel is enough of a match to give her that part? :applejack:

john!

Smash Hero
Zajice just implied Disney doesn't make everything better. I'm so disappony.
i think zajice just doesn't want this discussion to go off-topic too much because he's worried that The Man will slam his iron fist once more on our humble thread...

Lion King can't happen because no one in MLP is sexy enough to be Nala.
i must kindly disagree. i think a few ponies could match it.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I saw no men last time. :troll:

And you're so wrong John. No pony would be Nala. We should just leave Nala alone. Twilight would be Adult Simba, obv.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sarafina as Applejack would actually be pretty spot on.
They both share that motherly trait, first of all. Sarafina just seems to give off a similar aura as Applejack does as the wise, elderly mother figure..

@john: Zajice is being paranoid again.
Disney would stray the thread from the topic. It hasn't since Maan brought it up. :applejack:

EDIT: John, did you seriously not see the rest of my post after that?

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Elaborate for me, Phil. Why would Zazu fit the bill for Applejack? What about them from your perspective do you feel is enough of a match to give her that part? :applejack:
It's not about her fitting the bill, it's about the bill fitting her heart! She's always probably wanted to play Zazu in a play, and now you won't let her because you don't think she fits the bill? Now she's forced to work instead of be in the play because you broke her dreams. That's why.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

In any case though, I must disagree with you on that one, Phil. Applejack would be too busy bucking apples to take part in any play, much less take on the role of one of the most uninteresting characters in the entire movie.

Pinkie Pie would probably make a better Zazu simply on the fact that she can pun just as well as he can. :applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Just keep to the discussing of each pony's character qualities that could be related to their roles in the play.

Side conversation I'm not so sure where we're going with that.

I'd say Pinkie Pie hysterical laughter, penchant for chaos, and a feral side for all Hyenas. Goodness a (flock? pride? herd?) of Pinkie hyenas.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pinkie Pie's chaotic nature seems most fitting to Ed or Bonzai too.

@john: True, but I was trying to imply that my statement works for anypony. :applejack:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
lmao, <3 Luigi. Fair enough though, I'll do it.

I already said Fshy for Zazu. She's caring to animals, and is a trusted assistant, and a 'fraidy cat. How is that wrong? lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I doubt anyone is, Phil.
We're just having a nice little discussion. It's not meant to be serious.

@Zaj: Take any drama you wish to start to the Xat. I'd rather it not happen in here.
@doll: I understand that you love to participate, but you need a little more meat to your posts, else they can easily be considered spam.

Sorry about that, but it's just the way the thread has to be from now on.

:applejack:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Zaj, do you think this topic is straying too far from the thread already?

it seems ok to me, but that's just my thoughts.

Anyway, read over the rules. Looks like i'll need to cut down on posts alot XD

So my love for Discord is growing everyday, even though we won't see him ever again </3

And for anyone who hasn't heard, Episode 3 comes out October 15th =D

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Welp, I had my fun. /end discussion leader

You're on your own now kids, you can do it. Stay on topic!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Drue, again, take that discussion elsewhere, it doesn't belong here.

Discord was one of the most enjoyable one-shots I had seen since the end of the first season. I wish we had more opportunity to see his character; the look he had prior to being sealed up again gave off a wicked vibe. His character could've been so much more devilish.

Granted a ton of the villains haven't looked even the least bit intimidating, G1 has quite a bit of nightmare fuel in and of itself that makes me feel like G4 might be overdue for SOMETHING.

Don't mind the episode being held off til the 17th. It helps me, since I'll probably miss the next weekends going to training for my new job. :( :applejack:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
We'll miss you maaaaaaaaaan ='(

Just noticed the ponybeat. Sounds amazing =D

Um, i'm a bit confused, Espy. Talking about Discord and the release date for the new episode sounds related to MLP to me. Unless you're talking about me talking to Zaj, which now i'm guessing you are, so ok then!

McNugget

Smash Journeyman
geo, its a cackle of hyenas, anyways, im reiterating this. Spike for zazu, theyre like perfect matches

both completely loyal to their employer
both handle small tasks such as writing and stuff
both rely on the employer to take care of their problems (zazu->hyenas spike->upstaging trixie/impressing rarity/etc etc)
both sarcastic

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I doubt anyone is, Phil.
We're just having a nice little discussion. It's not meant to be serious.
I know, but being serious was never my forte to begin with so it's almost impossible to even pretend to be serious about this silly topic. And when in doubt, I like to pull out my Gin Tama humour for laughs.

Anyways, I wish October 10th was on a Saturday this year. It doesn't even get a chance to host a new MLP episode, so I'll just have to celebrate the anniversary of the show instead.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I believe simply stating favorites and having nothing that forwards discussion about material from the show, we could probably leave for the group.

All villians probably will have a chance to return Season 3.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
We'll miss you maaaaaaaaaan ='(

Just noticed the ponybeat. Sounds amazing =D

Um, i'm a bit confused, Espy. Talking about Discord and the release date for the new episode sounds related to MLP to me. Unless you're talking about me talking to Zaj, which now i'm guessing you are, so ok then!
He's actually just being an *******, nothing was wrong with the post.

So what is everyone else doing while we wait for the next episode with this stupid break?
I'm gonna draw some.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
If you're not drawing ponies, it's off-topic.

Guys, this nasty turn the thread has taken is saddening. Quit the hate or the thread will get closed again. Stay friendly for Celestia's sake. Stop trolling for no purpose.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Spelt's new avatar is amazing.
@Drue: Bingo. Just don't bring it up in here.

If we're bringing in secondary characters, then Spike would probably be just as good as Zazu as Fluttershy.

@Leaf: Rest assured that I'm just trying to keep the thread on topic. That little quip of yours doesn't help the thread at all. Now if you would kindly stop instigating, I'd like to get back on topic.

I'll probably finish up Scars by the next episode.
The fear that a new episode will screw up my continuity is something fierce, though. :applejack:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
This is a My Little Pony thread, it was implied that I was drawing ponies.
But in case you didn't catch that, I will be drawing ponies and pony related things.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Don't worry about the presence of others. Watch your post topics.

=

A'ight cya then, Maan.

No worries Espy, let it take place before S2

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's an inherent problem with Scars, Beros. It takes place several years after Season 1. Season 2 seems to pick up immediately after Season 1.

Anything that goes down in Season 2 jeopardizes my continuity. :applejack:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
@Drue: Bingo. Just don't bring it up in here.

If we're bringing in secondary characters, then Spike would probably be just as good as Zazu as Fluttershy.

YESSIR!

Anyway, if we're talking about Lion King w/ ponies, I guess Spike would work as Zazu, but i kinda imagined him as Simba and Discord as Scar. Then Spike grows up to be epic. Oh, and Pinkie Pie could be Rafiki =D or Zecora maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom