• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
What'll really bring hardcore gamers back to Nintendo is exclusives that actually appeal to the hardcore crowd. They already have IPs that can do this (Metroid, F-Zero, etc.), but the latest iterations of all of them have frankly been too easy, or just plain non-existent. Getting a third party on board for an exclusive would be ideal, because it would show that the Nintendo's third party support is viable in and of itself. I know for my part, I'll probably get any of Nintendo's current third party list that I want on the PS3.

Also, the name is terrible. But is that really such a surprise? I mean, this is the company that released the Gamecube, then the Wii.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
lol yeah when i heard the name Wii U i was a little downhearted.
Also, the Wii U controller for some reason makes me worried about the system. it just...doesn't look like it'll do well cuz it looks too crazy. Still, Nintendo's presentation overall imo was pretty great. I'm definitely gonna get a 3DS sometime in the future.

Also, NEW SMASH ANNOUNCED :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't think I'm going to buy either. It was for both, iirc.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It seems like a controller compared to a console. So many unanswered questions...

They better not mess Smash up...

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
yeah, it was for both.

The one thing i don't really wanna think about tho is that if the new smash is gonna be for the Wii U then there's probably a very low chance it'll turn competitive :(

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
yeah, it was for both.

The one thing i don't really wanna think about tho is that if the new smash is gonna be for the Wii U then there's probably a very low chance it'll turn competitive :(
If the Wii U is a controller to the Wii, then there is a chance GC controllers can be used (as well as wiimotes and classic controllers) the tablet and the 3DS just give it new control preferences.

I'm sure Nintendo hates the competitive Smash community, but they would really have to neuter the Smash series to really kill the Smash scene. What I am saying is. If Nintendo tries to kill the competitive style of the game, then they kill the entire franchise. Even casuals will lose that competitive edge to beating their friends if it is watered down. (Even if it is with Smash Balls, Poke balls or other lame items)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
http://i.imgur.com/ZnybV.png
This sums up the specs for now. The list itself is due to change at any time, so let's hope the GC controller gets implemented at some point before SSB4's release, if not ever.

vZakat

Half Genie
If the Wii U is a controller to the Wii, then there is a chance GC controllers can be used (as well as wiimotes and classic controllers) the tablet and the 3DS just give it new control preferences.
The WiiU isn't a controller to the wii. It's a hole new system.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
well its better than that rumor looking one what looked like a GC controller with a screen on it.

also, for the lulz:
Anti ADHD Mew2King Dabuz Nairo Junebug Atomsk Bizkit Lie Jbandrew Jtails Fatal Xzax Pwii Bloodcross Nakat Dr. Grandpa Pink Fresh Pat G Kingtoon Delta Cod DeltaCod Inui Disciple RJ Dark Falco Kai Pelca Punishment Divine Kingkong King Kong Remix Inferno Robfox Izumi Kirin NOID Smurf Ikon Eazy Vex Kasrani Squall Phillyrider Kaylo MIB The Legend Killer Ensis Shadow1pj John12346 NEO Trela Dojo Santi Hylian DPhat DMG UTD Zac Mekos Illmatic Cheese Kai Allied Kage Scar Cable JG Wentworth Rapture Jem Doom Dark.Pch Praxis TeeVee Kool Aid Xyro Omni Takeover San PikaPika Cura Tommy Green Shirt Mike Haze Havok Tyrant Wereuop Tommy Timmy Felix Shadow Pierce Pierce7d Yes Ether Bleachigo Shippo CO18 ESAM Nick Riddle Seibrik BigLou Player1 MVD Gallax HRNut Fino Alpha Zealot AlphaZealot Mr Eric Hael Phael DJIskascribble Today Hilt Smoom Lux Nicole Future Prawn Dark Musician Kel Espy K Prime Megafox Samboner TKD Kadaj Kismet NinjaLink Anther Lain King Yoshi Colaya Vice Stingers Sudai Project M Brawl+ Brawl- Elev8 Red Halberd Xaltis D-Tor Shaky DFear 2DJeff Radix Technical Chase Mr. Doom MLG JV Xiivi Junglefever Sago Arty DLA Judge Shugo YBM Blue Rogue Fizzle Infern Fonz King Beef SneakyTako Brood

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
@Zakat i'm still thinking that the WiiU's console is still the wii, but there's just a new controller.

If so, then it's sure to be GCN controller compatible :D

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
@Zakat i'm still thinking that the WiiU's console is still the wii, but there's just a new controller.

If so, then it's sure to be GCN controller compatible :D
[collapse= Page stretch]

[/collapse]
I haven't been able to see a 3D model or at least a 360 view, but this is it, apparently. Looks like a cross between Xbox 360 and Wii.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Looks cooler than the wii.

Now let's wait for 5 years for them to release a black model.

The controller thing looks super uncomfortable.
I'm not happy about this.
Why can't i just play it on my TV with a regular controller...

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea

Zelda too cyute. Might have to play this one.

Duck face too good, courtesy of kataefi.

I always thought that Link and Zelda were not meant to have pointy ears. It simply turned out that way to make the graphics easier. Mario didn't have a face at first o.o

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Aren't they like elves or something? Aren't pointy ears a prerequisite?

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Still need to see the E3 stuff with Nintendo.
Controller looks like a bigger size version of the bottom half of a DS. By the looks of it seems bulky and possibly a pain to play with.

Wii U? Stupid name. I don't even get why they went with that name. PNES seems more acceptable. :3

Apparently the new MK game according from what I've heard seems very meh right now.

As for the new SSB game that seems cool, granted I wouldn't know how many people will be getting this console so who knows if this game will become competitive.

Even if it does I'm not even sure If I'll be part of the smash scene competitively by the time it comes out since I hear it's gonna be a looooooooong time till it comes out.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Woot, forums back. >_> So I'll just post this and then post something relevant.

E3. Disappointed.
Rarity. Best pony.
Story. Six chapters.
MLP. Breaks DVDs.
Nintendo. Wrrrrrrry?
Mortal Kombat. Not meh. It's ****ing awesome. Need more people to play though. NEEDS THE HYPE. NEEDS TO BE COMPETITIVE. It should have been out long enough to get added to one of those fighting game tournament lists. >:/
Halo 4. Same as newest announced Smash. *shouting at E3 people* YOU GUYS. SUCK. FOR HYPING IT.

Glad to be back.

D

Deleted member

Sorry man. I dont main Applebloom.

I main Applejack, but Applebloom is a strong secondary.

I just like all the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Sidebar:

New Nintendo system looks lame.

If they wanna get hardcore gamers, they need a normal controller and well made competitive games.

Honestly just looks like a Wii 2.0

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I tried to make retro looking pony posters. Check 'em out and provide feedback and all that jazz.
http://automaticlolxd.deviantart.com/
I love the Rainbow Dash one, you have no idea.

I remember seeing a thread about someone framing a poster of Twilight with "READ" under her and putting it in a public library. I want to do something similar for my library.

I want more Sonic and Luigi's Mansion 2 news.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
New Nintendo system looks lame.

If they wanna get hardcore gamers, they need a normal controller and well made competitive games.

Honestly just looks like a Wii 2.0
Eeyup. :/ Not impressed.

>_> Mr. Automatic. Your posters.. The pony needs to be bigger. In my opinion. Good style though.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
rosie o'donell poster would be better if her neck was covered.
it looks awkward.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's about time Smashboards is back up... Now to try and remember what I was going to post yesterday until it literally crashed on me as soon as I clicked "Post Quick Reply"

Until then... I need a Better title, Type up some Moody/Pouty ideas related to my avatar. GO!

Ryo242

Smash Ace
It's about time Smashboards is back up... Now to try and remember what I was going to post yesterday until it literally crashed on me as soon as I clicked "Post Quick Reply"

Until then... I need a Better title, Type up some Moody/Pouty ideas related to my avatar. GO!
"What's the point?"
"You thought I was paying attention?"
"Why is the rum always gone?"
"I am not amused."
"Just. Don't."
"I don't give a sh--"
"Did you say something?"
"It is NOT my time of the month."
"I. Hate. That."
"The **** was that?"
"Seriously, why should I care?"
"You are not worth my time."