• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My last tournament

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
...what happened to kale?

also, keep melee 5 bucks, if you please, stingers. it's looking mostly like a brawl tourney anyway, since most of nc melee just seems to be looking at asheboro.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
...what happened to kale?

also, keep melee 5 bucks, if you please, stingers. it's looking mostly like a brawl tourney anyway, since most of nc melee just seems to be looking at asheboro.
Agreed, raise the entry fee, and you might be breaking some people's wallets. >_> lol

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Idc about melee being $5, you guys have tourneys all the time. Brawl doesn't really have that luxury.
and $10 helps everyone else how...? I understand how it helps people who win money (which is only 3 or 6 people at a tournament really, just considering singles), but how is it an incentive for everyone else to enter?

melee doesn't have tournaments all the time; we just have tournaments more than brawl does.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
and $10 helps everyone else how...? I understand how it helps people who win money (which is only 3 or 6 people at a tournament really, just considering singles), but how is it an incentive for everyone else to enter?

melee doesn't have tournaments all the time; we just have tournaments more than brawl does.
I sure hope Melee has more, THAT'S why I want to start coming to play in NC more....since I live an hour away from the border.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
except some people can't realistically win.

competitive drive shouldn't be the main incentive.
inb4 kevin comes in and tells me I'm wrong and that I should shut up.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
some people enter tournaments for fun.

since we have the asheboro, stingers will probably keep this at 5 bucks, i'd imagine. i doubt he really cares either way, so if people other than arch and kadaj really want the 10 dollar brawl, then more power to them. i don't think too many people for melee will want the 10 dollar entry fee.

ocean, as long as one is paying attention and playing the game, anything is possible.

V1CE

Smash Champion
some people enter tournaments for fun.

since we have the asheboro, stingers will probably keep this at 5 bucks, i'd imagine. i doubt he really cares either way, so if people other than arch and kadaj really want the 10 dollar brawl, then more power to them. i don't think too many people for melee will want the 10 dollar entry fee.

ocean, as long as one is paying attention and playing the game, anything is possible.
I am also for making it 10 entry for brawl... but idc as much im indifferent but lean towards 10. reallllly small tournies idc but for the most part all events should be 10 and are like that all over the US

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Cory quit brawl, Bo quit brawl before devin ever did

Cory wants to play melee but cant get the hang out it

oh and if you meant TGB was bo that guy mained snake and lucario lol

never played falcon unless he was losing to my marth

V1CE

Smash Champion
no, of course theres no venue fee, it is my house.
so here are your options...

charge a 2 venue fee for whatever expenses of ur house... I would do that... then a 5 entry fee... lets face it if craig gets 1st he will prob take it all if its a small turnout cause its only a little bit of money... maybe payout to 2nd? bu if u payout top 3 then 3rd wont even get there money back i think.

This is if you get a small turnout. if its big for brawl then it doesnt matter but lets face it... it prob wont be... and i dont doubt u stingers. If you make it a 10 entry then even if you have a small turnout u can payout top 3 with enough money... craig would get top 3 anyway probably so atleast ur giving 2nd and 3rd more money and since its a small turnout anyway you wont be losing much if someone doesnt wanna come cause its 10...

If you do 5 tho idc really. Im indiffernet honestly. Its just always been normal to me to do 10 everywhere. Vinnie is hosting a small tourney on long island this weekend and its 10 bucks for everything except venue i think which is 5.

I forsee it being 5 and there being like 12 entrants 5 times 12 is like 60 bucks... if its 1st only then 1st gets 60 if its top 2 then its like 42 for 1st and 18 for 2nd. with a 70/30 split. If you payout top 3 at 60/30/10 than its 36/18/6 which i guess 3rd makes 1 WHOLE dollar lol... Is it really worth it.

now if you make it 10 entry and say 9 people enter brawl... thats 90 bucks and paying out top 3 would be 54/27/9 payouts and thats 1/3 of the people entering getting payed where 3rd gets almost double... and it will be even more if more enter. Now yes Craig will most likely win but there is incentive for 2nd and 3rd... and I am not underestimating your peach, who knows u can get 2nd and prob will but i know there are people like stock, arch, uncle, me, etc who are confident they can maybe get 2nd or atleast 3rd and it would be more worth it to us too if we can make more than a doller by doing so...

It would still be fun and hell maybe u will get 20 people and 5 bucks would be fine idk.. Im just throwing out ideas and putting in my 2 cents...

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Steve is pretty nuch right, I didn't want to type all that out (excluding the ne winning any thing part)

Say stock comes works his *** off gets 2nd or w/e makes money from a $5 entry fee but doesn't even win enough to cover his likely cost of getting to the tourney. Idk about you but I would want to have a bigger pot for those kinda reasons.

:phone:

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
Say stock comes works his *** off gets 2nd or w/e makes money from a $5 entry fee but doesn't even win enough to cover his likely cost of getting to the tourney. Idk about you but I would want to have a bigger pot for those kinda reasons.
and what about the people who came, worked their ***** off, but still didn't make money? they are now $10 down instead of $5, just so stock can maybe cover his gas money. you can't just focus on those who are making money; in reality, they are the minority.
I'd rather have everyone across the board take less of a hit, than have three people gain a bit more while everyone else takes more of a hit.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
and what about the people who came, worked their ***** off, but still didn't make money? they are now $10 down instead of $5, just so stock can maybe cover his gas money. you can't just focus on those who are making money; in reality, they are the minority.
I'd rather have everyone across the board take less of a hit, than have three people gain a bit more while everyone else takes more of a hit.
then maybe nationals should just have a $5 entry fee because the people who win money there are an even bigger minority. ;)

Top Bottom