• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Kirby (Tournament Matches from Critical Hit 4.5)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Good god people need to stop whining and johning about hard matchups and just get better at the matchup. =__=;;

*Random rant*

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Good god people need to stop whining and johning about hard matchups and just get better at the matchup. =__=;;

*Random rant*
Everyone does it, including you, and you know it.

But this is Brawl, and complaining about how crappy and imbalanced the game is is legitimate.

I mean, I've known for months everything MK is capable of doing, and will do. Yet I still usually can't beat the ones that barely use more than three moves because he's simply overpowered.

I've known what Snake does/will do for months. Yet even so, he has such amazing and hard to punish moves, and such a heavy weight, that I still lose, or games are very close wins, even when I severely outplay my opponent.

I still stick with Kirby, it's just that some matchups are ******** -_-

Kirby can beat Snake, you just have to really outplay him. I beat Antizzle's Snake earlier in only the first match he used him. Whether he was sandbagging or not, I don't know. But the point I'm trying to make is that I kicked the CRAP out of him, and I was ahead by like 80% on the last stock, but I still came ridiculously close to losing because Snake doesn't die. It's like he has an extra stock or more in a 3-stock match >_>

Sometimes I want to go back to playing Warcraft III...balance and skill ftw!

/rant

lol switch to ROB, it'll def feel easier than Kirby.
I suck at ROB.

I suck at all spammy characters.

...did you switch to ROB?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You can? O_o

His Up B seems to beat everything, ever. I've even landed a Stone on top of a Marth, and he just used Up B and powered through it, and the broken invincibility frames made him take no damage or knockback. ^_^

Marth pisses me off. I seriously considered using Toon Link or Ike instead of Kirby against Marth, but I suck with them too much lolol.
His UpB has startup inv frames I think (Like MK's...), but you can gimp him by going to attack him before he can get back in UpB range of the stage I guess... Of course, Marth's aerials are good and fast enough that he can usually just swat you away with Fair then dolphin slash back. You could try to gimp him much more easily if he attempts to recover with shield breaker though.

Marth is my hardest Kirby matchup, but switching to Ike isn't really a great idea. Dancing blade destroys Ike, as does Marth's counter, since, well, you know, it isn't slow as balls like Ike's. TL might be better, and ROB is definitely a good choice.
Still though, it's possible as Kirby, so I tend to try it first (I need practice with this matchup anyway), then switch to MK or Yoshi if I lose.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
GJ Poyo. Remember to SDI up when hit by Pika's d-smash. :)

(btw, Kirby vs. Marth is about even).

Top Bottom