• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My diarrhea Doc ^^

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
why are you guys so quiet??
Anyways, the ganon was pretty much just a punching bag, I know you said your friend's ganon is a work in progress but he only got one kill on you. Most of the things you do should have gotten you punished, especially the ways you got off the ledge. Ledgehop pills and fairs are bad against ganon because he can easily fair/uair/bair through both of them and you will die. Try to use less ledgehop fairs anyways because those will bite you in the *** later. I hate getting off the ledge vs ganon but if anything I try to stall like you did, but then do wavelands, rolls, or maybe an uair or b-up to attempt to interrupt his aerial (sometimes backfires horribly). But, you did good with what you had to work with. If you're looking for more critique, the best videos for that are when you feel like you played well, but still lost. That helps you see flaws in your ideal playing style and get over plateaus. nice john btw

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I chucked a bit at 1:53. Kinda slip a button or two right there? :p

Anyway, all I see as a bother is how your edge-guarding game is. At the beginning, you were just sitting there B-Airing Ganondorf like 3 times in one place. Try to go a little more aggressive on that by keeping your momentum going with your B-Air. Not only you look more refreshing, but you're making it harder for Ganondorf coming back on the stage.

Also, try to be a little more reasonable with your WD'ing. It's good to use WD'ing when you need it, but try to use it were you won't get hurt in the end, like you did when you try to keep away from Ganondorf @ 1:45. You misstep your WD'ing and ran into his grab. Got to be careful on that.

However, your Doc looks pretty good at this pace, so keep training on your edge-guarding and WD'ing more and you'll do more better.

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
Be more aggressive, take some of those B-airs off the stage. Where's your d throws man? D-throw>Fair works. But it seems like that Ganon wasn't doing too much, a good ganon would be able to punish so many things you were doing. Gotta look out for Ganon's F-air and U-air. Cape Ganon too, he's very easy to cape.

battousai555

Smash Ace
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I abused ledgehopped fairs b/c I knew he would eat them as if they were candy (he just started using Ganonthis week so he's ******** in this vid/john). Against his Marth I usually roll, waveland to roll, or waveland to grab from the ledge. I'll try to get a vid against his Marth today (his main) so you may better critique.

Would you rather hear us talking, silence, or epic music?

battousai555

Smash Ace
Oh, and does my Doc have any potential at all? I'm having a real problem sticking w/ two characters (for a main and secondary), and I'm beginning to think I should say "screw it" and play Sheik and some other char. C@sh m00ney told me Doc isn't worth investing any time into. I know many of you will disagree with that statement, but he is one of the best in Florida....

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
That's because C@sh Mooney is an idiot. Play who you want to play as man. If you think Doc is fun then hell, PLAY AS HIM. Not gonna lie your sheik is pretty good. I main Doc and Secondary Sheik, and i love it.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Why did you keep the controller sound and not the game sound? That's just weird.

You're Doc. You can't outspace Ganon. So don't try. Spam pills to approach or get around him.

At lower percentages, try going for a grab or something instead of a fair so you can deal more damage, especially when you're in the center of the stage, where you can't really gimp him.

Try to approach more with the bair instead of the nair, as it's got more range and is generally more useful.

battousai555

Smash Ace
That's because C@sh Mooney is an idiot. Play who you want to play as man. If you think Doc is fun then hell, PLAY AS HIM. Not gonna lie your sheik is pretty good. I main Doc and Secondary Sheik, and i love it.
Haha. He is kind of silly at times ^^
Thanks for the advice, bro. I do enjoy playing Doc, so it only makes sense to continue using him.

Why did you keep the controller sound and not the game sound? That's just weird.

You're Doc. You can't outspace Ganon. So don't try. Spam pills to approach or get around him.

At lower percentages, try going for a grab or something instead of a fair so you can deal more damage, especially when you're in the center of the stage, where you can't really gimp him.

Try to approach more with the bair instead of the nair, as it's got more range and is generally more useful.
The microphone was closer to us than the TV. I'll try to remember to tell my friend to record just the game volume. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the input. Bairing more makes sense b/c I can gimp him. I have no idea why I started Nairing so much.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Why would you restrict yourself to two characters like that? I really don't understand it. Play as whomever you want. If you're in a tournament, play to the matchup. If you're playing with friends, play whomever you think is fun.

I mean, yeah, go ahead and pick one character that you can be really good with to fall back on when you need it (like Sheik. Gooo Sheik!) but otherwise, have fun with other characters. It'll help you learn the playstyles and potentials of various characters, and it'll be entertaining. Have you ever realized how fun characters like Doc, Pikachu and DK can be? Mess around, it's good for you.

XLII

Smash Cadet
Agreed don't limit yourself to just two characters. I main peach and somewhat doc, but i play a lot of different characters when i'm playing against friends, from marth and falco to yoshi and mewtwo, and most everyone in between. You don't have to play a character at a tournament level to have fun with friends

battousai555

Smash Ace
Yeah, the reason I was only going to focus on two characters is because I asked for Mooney's help and that's what he said to do. I think he cares more about winning than I do :/

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
If you're really picking two characters to win, pick two out of Sheik, Fox, Marth and Falco. You'll pretty much get even match-ups across though boards, although I don't think Sheik has any bad match-ups anyway.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Obviously I'm an idiot for trying to help him. he wants to win, and be successful. Sure doc is an awesome fun character. I use him from time to time, and hes awesome. But otherwise hes not the best character to win with. If hes playing to win, which I got the feeling he does, he probably should start off with doc.

With that said, $20 MM?

Oh and TJ, I'm deffinatly more competitive than you and you know it lol If you are just playing to have fun Doc fox/sheik is the way to go my b I thought you were playing to win lol

edit: Hiemie.

battousai555

Smash Ace
Obviously I'm an idiot for trying to help him. he wants to win, and be successful. Sure doc is an awesome fun character. I use him from time to time, and hes awesome. But otherwise hes not the best character to win with. If hes playing to win, which I got the feeling he does, he probably should start off with doc.

With that said, $20 MM?

Oh and TJ, I'm deffinatly more competitive than you and you know it lol If you are just playing to have fun Doc fox/sheik is the way to go my b I thought you were playing to win lol

edit: Hiemie.
It depends who I'm playing, lulz. Fun is of utmost importance, but winning is cool too ^^

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
1st things 1st... why "Diarrhea" doc? >.>

Second: nice use of the Bair! you were really on target there, though your ganon buddy wasn't being too creative with recovery (not like it's easy with ganon). I agree with my man 18 that he did seem a bit of a punching bag, but nonetheless it gave you a good chance to showcase some of your nice tech skill and reading : P. As it stands, I really like the messy poopy doc! I'd just.. like to see you up against a more challenging opponent.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
my bad if someone already said this but when you recover arent you supposed to do the down b first? i see my boy otg do it all the time, i saw you jumped then down b'd

battousai555

Smash Ace
1st things 1st... why "Diarrhea" doc? >.>

Second: nice use of the Bair! you were really on target there, though your ganon buddy wasn't being too creative with recovery (not like it's easy with ganon). I agree with my man 18 that he did seem a bit of a punching bag, but nonetheless it gave you a good chance to showcase some of your nice tech skill and reading : P. As it stands, I really like the messy poopy doc! I'd just.. like to see you up against a more challenging opponent.
My opponent and I are actually quite even. He was just trying to pick up Ganon, so he sucks pretty hard here.

Maybe "diarrhea" was a bit of an exaggeration, but I just feel like my doc needs a lot of work.

my bad if someone already said this but when you recover arent you supposed to do the down b first? i see my boy otg do it all the time, i saw you jumped then down b'd
Yeah, I think it's the same as Marth's side-B in that it gives him more options when you save your jump. I do downB first now, but thanks for noticing that and commenting.

Top Bottom