• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My dad smashed both my gamecubes :(

LLDL

Smash Hero
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H5tBiS7a1LQ

That vid's is a tribute to the cubes that i've had for 7 years.....
after about 3 minutes, you'll see the last Melee matches I ever played on it.. sniff..

Lol i still got a wii and smash so it doesnt matter, but theres my tribute. Enjoy the melee matches.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm not sure if you gave him a reason or not to destroy them and not telling us, but if I were you I'd hide my Wii as well.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
That's really dumb. The older I get it seems the more I realize that parents aren't infallible. I'm glad that my parents are pretty good and respect my wanting to go to tournaments and stuff, but I know some parents that are just dumb and have no respect for their kid's lives and possessions.

I wouldn't go so far as to take revenge though, that'll just start a vicious cycle and get more stuff broken. Besides, you should show your dad respect even if he doesn't show you any.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
My stepdad stole some of my OOP Spider-Man/Venom tpbs and a cereal bowl of mine because I wouldn't return his fudge pops he made me buy to the store for him. Yeah I know how stupid dads can be.

You plan on buying another GC, huh? My 7-year old GC controller had a stroke and now it doesn't play the same anymore. I can't fine a new one, and I refuse to buy a used one. Thing is, I can still find new GCs. You should be able to get another GC easily.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm really glad my parents are open-minded and let me live the way I want (I'm not saying I take drugs and they let me, I have a "normal" life lol), they just don't bother me too much with silly stuff overprotective parents do.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I would be afraid if my dad does that. I won't even bust him up in return if he did THAT to a Gamecube.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yes, let the guy beat up his father for some inanimate object. It's equivalent to that of his life or mother's life. >_>
That "inanimate object" you're talking about is an original indigo Gamecube with a 43 MB non-unified MoSys 1T-SRAM RAM with 8Gflops and an IBM PowerPC "Gekko" processor.
So yes. Yes it is.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H5tBiS7a1LQ

That vid's is a tribute to the cubes that i've had for 7 years.....
after about 3 minutes, you'll see the last Melee matches I ever played on it.. sniff..

Lol i still got a wii and smash so it doesnt matter, but theres my tribute. Enjoy the melee matches.
Anger issues?

That just screams "call child protective services", even if there is a reason involved. Going into a rage and breaking everything in sight is NOT the right thing to do, and it illustrates far deeper anger issues.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Your dad must be quite a smasher lol

Don't listen to the people telling you to take revenge or whatnot. I'm sure they wouldn't if they were you

gosh that really sucks though

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Holy crap...

Wow. Just wow. How is your brother getting frustrated any of his concern? Like you said, he didn't even bother to check which games were your's...

:mad:

Justerbuster07

Smash Apprentice
Wow... your dad should at least pay you for that stuff... that *******.

If I were you I'd save the broken gamecube and put it in a little glass box or something for show like it was in a museum or something lol. Let him see what he did every time he walks by it. lol

rhan

Smash Hero
My step dad threw my newly bought GC I got with my own money at the ground once. Then kicked it across the room at me. I deserved it though. I punched a hole in the wall. :/

Good thing that GC's are cheap though. Lol

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Okay, well don't kill him or anything, I'm just saying.

Parents don't realize that their kids are people too. I have no respect for people that abuse their kids and treat their possessions like they're nothing. It's complete ****, there's no two ways around it.

I'd like... I dunno, key the Gamecube logo into his car =P

rhan

Smash Hero
elvenarrow3000 said:
I'd like... I dunno, key the Gamecube logo into his car =P
Lol too good!

Justerbuster07 said:
Step dads suck. Mothers shouldn't be allowed to re marry.
My step dad is a pretty chill guy. I like him better thenh my biological father. Plus I desereved it after what I did.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anger issues?

That just screams "call child protective services", even if there is a reason involved. Going into a rage and breaking everything in sight is NOT the right thing to do, and it illustrates far deeper anger issues.
Seriously....

I was on vicodin just a couple of weeks ago after I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed, and just a couple of hours after I stopped taking it, I went on rage, throwing food, cursing at everyone near me, and making threats. I barely remember any of it, and all I remember is that I was mad and threw a thing or two, and it was so much more. My entire family was scared in their pants because I have never acted extremely violently, although I don't deny I've lost my temper before, but yelling is as far as I go, outside hitting my sister's old playhouse as a way to let my anger out. That actually makes me happy, lol! :laugh:

I made one hell of a mess, and cleaning it up wasn't fun. It's scary not remember you went on a random rage for no apparent reason, lol! Apparently I got it was trigger by my body becoming overly depended on the drug, and by me getting in a argument with my mother over the best sugar with oatmeal, lol! I said white sugar was better with oatmeal then brown, and that is basically what triggered my roid raging brain. And the funny thing is, I like brown sugar with my oatmeal, instead of white sugar. My roid rage self was mind gamed, lol! >_>

Apparently my doctor took vicodin for the same thing just a week before that (except because he's very old, he had to be kept in the hospital for safe keeping), and it made him go crazy and run around the hospital butt naked-yet he also doesn't remember a thing.

Anyways...I'm going WAYYYY off subject. My point was there is no reason for a grown adult to act that way, and that there is clearly some crazy crap that the OP's step father shouldn't be doing [ie: lashing out abusively]. Something is definitely wrong here. Maybe the OP's step father just needs to borrow my sister's old playhouse and my bat. Then all that stress, anger, and sadness goes out the window. :grin:

billywill

Smash Journeyman
Wow that is pretty messed up, you should break something of your dad's :) (jk)

LLDL

Smash Hero
I am gonna cry

lol, just so theres no misunderstanding, that's my biological dad, and he doesn't drink lol. Infact, this usually NEVER happens, this is the second time in like 4 years that something like this has happend, in which, lol, my brother was complaining, and he broke his gamecube. Lol! My brother had to get a new cube, which my dad paid for. And my brothers cube that you saw broken was infact, that one. But he doesnt usually do stuff like this, he spoils us. What i think happend is that he suppressed his anger, and he had to take it out on the first thing that got him angry..

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
lol man, if i was in your shoes. I couldnt care if your dad was 10 feet tall 400 lbs, I woulda busted his teeth out for that. Thats just a sick little control fit he had. EDIT: by the by, i wouldnt keep your stuff in your car lol, windows are easily smashed out if some ******* walks by and sees stuff covered up.

aznegglover

Smash Journeyman
Wow, your dad's a psycho who needs immediate anger management >.>

Does he drink? I'll be kinda scared if I was living under the same roof as someone like that since y'know, he might go after you next x-X

And he's ********.. selling stuff >>>>>>> smashing them to worthless pieces .-.

Top Bottom