• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My dad smashed both my gamecubes :(

Amide

Smash Lord
Are you ma...? Oh my... Is your da... Well...

I can't finish a sentence. But it really isn't that big of a deal, just nostalgia I guess.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
don't wanna offend your dad in any way, but is he like a psycho? how could he destroy a nice piece of equipment where Melee was played? shoot if I were you I would really find a safe spot where only YOU know to hide your Wii

Leech

Smash Journeyman
Wtf.. my dad would never intentionally break anything that cost any type of money.. and he rarely breaks things ever.. he has things that are 20yrs old + and still working..

That sucks so much for you cube.. i saw used in Gamestop.. it was 30 Dollars, but i live in Illinois so idk how much it would be where you live.. Gamecube is my favorite system, nintendo is my favorite gaming company.. Hopefully u get a new cube.. so you can play melee on its original console.

Clustercluck

Smash Rookie
I like the fact that your father's solution to his child getting frustrated and unruly over something insignificant was to go into a gigantic rage and smash **** in front of him, thus showing him that not only was his behavior the correct reaction, but that he didn't do enough.

And yes, while your brother might not have consciously taken it that way, that's the effect it will have in the long run. I find myself viscerally reacting the same violent and angry way my father used to all the time, even though mentally I know it's wrong and makes no sense. I still do it, and I have to hold myself back. This is an issue you may seriously wish to bring to him, unless he would beat your god **** face in with a hammer for it.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Wow that's like losing a trusty dog or something. R.I.P. Gamecube

HyperLucario22

Smash Rookie
Dang, if any of my parents did that to any of the game consoles I own, I would punch them in the bleeping face!

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
Dude that is ****ed up. You mentioned in your video that you have a car... how far are you from concievably being able to move out? My dad wasn't around too often growing up so I'm not sure what it's supposed to be like but that sounds kindof ****ed up. Make sure to live in the dorms once you get to college! That's some ****ed up ****. Your dad sounds hella ********, taking his anger at your little brother out on your ****?! So your bro gets frustrated playing a video game and he decides to destroy all video games? Is your dad like a caveman or something? Wtf. Get him some counseling and get your *** out that house. Otherwise, you may never short-hop laser again...

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
^His FS would be to jump out of your TV screen and smash something in the room you're playing in.
his FS has his little brothers picture in the backround which triggers his rage....

his fsmash would be to swing a gamecube

Orange5000

Smash Rookie
Flame6753 vs Father

Stage: House

Stock: 1

Mode: Stamina

Time: Till Police comes

Ready... GO!!!

Im not promoting violence, i just have no friends.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Tell your dad to buy you a new one, and if he doesn't, sue him for destruction of your property. If you can't do that, then just **** up his ****, then **** him up.

KoopaKoopaParatroopa

Smash Apprentice
My two little brothers have anger issues and !!nightmares!! when they play ANY sort of video game, so much that my dad has taken away one of the computers and the Wii as well :/

I understand my dad's concern though. To be frank, I never get roused up when I get beaten by someone... unlike my bros who throw an absolute FIT when they lose. It just sucks for the older siblings that get the short end of the stick, because they have to share the punishment. (right now, I haven't brawled for a few days because of it >:[ )

anyways, RIP your gamecubes.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure my dad thought about smashing mine before.
I've only had this thing for two or three years, but it's my first and only console that I actually own.
It's jet black with a jet black controller to match.
I like the way it looks, and Melee is the most revolutionary game ever made.
I would hate to have it gone, since it's pretty much the only thing I can do when I'm bored.
Drawing Fox and playing as him are so much different.
Building a stage out of Legos and battling on a real one are so much different.

Plus, I just now mastered the JC shine, and the Shine to usmash.
I would hate to have all that work gone.

Plus, I've had my cards wiped three times, and I don't want to risk the Wii doing that again.

Top Bottom