• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Channel (again)

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Nope, In a middle of a combo is TAS.
At the start, isn't TAS, is like reseting but fast.

M!nt

Smash Champion
the save states are for if the character you're comboing has to be in a specific spot, so instead of having to put that character there over and over you can just load the savestate.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Also I don't get how savestates are used to make combos - you make/load savestates in the middle of the combo, seriously? That sounds ridiculous to do. I use the power of 1/4 training mode speed.
malva does this for creating his combos (although obviously not when actually recording on an n64) - source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBrpcN0Fpvs (check description)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah I knew that, hence my "wut how". By "make combos" I meant "create a series of moves to link together", not "record", sorry for being vague.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
im so behind in combo technology.. when i want a character in a certain position, i set them to 'attack' and make them chase me over and over until i land the combo

i wouldn't even know how to use a save state and ive never used mupen

:phone:

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Savestate is useful for saving when you move the dummy to another position and you don't wanna reset again and again and move the dummy again and again.

The Star King

Smash Hero
lol I remember doing that double screw attack zero -> death on kaillera teams vs some poor bloke who apparently didn't know how to DI (don't remember who with, kuzinator maybe?)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Sami has always been my favorite

I once heard a persuasive argument for samus mains being "Samuses" and multiple samus characters on the map being "Sami"

B Link

Smash Lord
Great job. Too bad most people won't notice the controller input on player 1 and player 2 is the same. =/

(What's the plural of "Samus"? Sami? Samus? Samuses? I simply avoided it, but now I'm curious.)
Just realized this lol, I'm pretty impressed

The Star King

Smash Hero
Great job. Too bad most people won't notice the controller input on player 1 and player 2 is the same. =/

(What's the plural of "Samus"? Sami? Samus? Samuses? I simply avoided it, but now I'm curious.)
Pretty sure most people WILL notice (sorry B Link), that's how he does all his double character combos and it's obvious in the beginning

B Link

Smash Lord
There were moments (if you're watching for the first or second time) that didn't look like he was controlling it with only 1 set of inputs.

e.g. at 0:06 I thought that the lower samus would have his shield tilted down (given that the top samus shield platform dropped down)

I'm not talking about when he was doing the upbs by the way

RickySSB

Smash Ace

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Did you remake all these or just found the video somewhere? Either way, sick video. can't believe I only watched it once

RickySSB

Smash Ace
I remaked only a few combos :p
Now I Don't know what to do, maybe another Char Combo Tutorial.

Too bad most people won't notice the controller input on player 1 and player 2 is the same. =/
Practically, Isn't the same :troll:

Top Bottom