• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Channel (again)

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I'm really lazy, but if I wasn't, I'd organize something where the audience (or organizer) chooses a character to combo with, and another character to be combo'd, and two (or more) people would make combos to be judged.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Man someone really should do that. I'm not sure if there are enough comboers to make something like that work though.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I may actually... participate...

NAH

Everybody probably thinks I couldn't make good combos even if I tried anyways. You're wrong guys, I swear

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you are really, really afraid of being judged eh :cool:

or you just don't have time but i doubt that with all the sleep you're supposedly missing

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
I'm really lazy, but if I wasn't, I'd organize something where the audience (or organizer) chooses a character to combo with, and another character to be combo'd, and two (or more) people would make combos to be judged.
Remember to choose the stage.
I'd be in on that. I did something like that already, I used to choose two characters at random, a stage at random and see what I could come up with. I was just starting out, so I discovered lots of stuff that way.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Remember to choose the stage.
I'd be in on that. I did something like that already, I used to choose two characters at random, a stage at random and see what I could come up with. I was just starting out, so I discovered lots of stuff that way.
Of course. Just threw a few things out there to see if there was interest, and it looks like there is! I might write up a post later today to get an 'official' count of who'd be interested in participating. I suppose we only need at least two people, but the more the merrier!

The Star King

Smash Hero
you are really, really afraid of being judged eh :cool:

or you just don't have time but i doubt that with all the sleep you're supposedly missing
I have time, just not motivation. Although I'm feeling motivated right now. Gonna go pwn noobs IRL. Probably because of... the next topic... *ultrapwn transition*

It's funny because I'm sleep-deprived right now.

Time to go to Calculus. w00t w00t

P.S. Pointing out a transition when it's to a single sentence feels weird, even though it was pretty megawin. But I expected myself to write more, and my motto for the day is "never look back". BTW this edit is two and a half hours later cuz I got distracted.

The Star King

Smash Hero
One of my favorite combo videos ever, LOVE. Items open up a whole new dimension of training mode combos, and I wish it was explored a bit more.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
wowwwwwwwww. dude that **** is amazing. after the jiggly combo i was like "damn i'ma have to give some props to that jiggly combo after this." But then you topped it like 3-4 more times lol. I dunno where you find time for this but that was awesome.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Well, I disapprove of item combos on principle. But, these are also ricky combos, so **** they were awesome.

Kickass, ricky.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
wowwwwwwwww. dude that **** is amazing. after the jiggly combo i was like "damn i'ma have to give some props to that jiggly combo after this." But then you topped it like 3-4 more times lol. I dunno where you find time for this but that was awesome.
The ordered according to their level of entertainment.
And.... I quit to my job........

lost for words

:phone:

Well, I disapprove of item combos on principle. But, these are also ricky combos, so **** they were awesome.

Kickass, ricky.
Thats my bro :D

dat ****ing mario combo omgz
That combo was the second more difficult after jiggz.

Love you guys.

mikeduncan23

Smash Apprentice
I have a question, what kind of work goes into making one of these for you? I am, from the sounds of things, one of the last of a dying breed, who only play on console with friends. I have watched many of the combo's created on smash boards and can never tell the difference between a combo created on a console or a combo created on a computer. I have tried a few of my own but can never make them intricate enough because there are no "save stages?" and become too frustrated when expanding out of my comfort zone. Any help or ideas?

RickySSB

Smash Ace
I have a question, what kind of work goes into making one of these for you? I am, from the sounds of things, one of the last of a dying breed, who only play on console with friends. I have watched many of the combo's created on smash boards and can never tell the difference between a combo created on a console or a combo created on a computer. I have tried a few of my own but can never make them intricate enough because there are no "save stages?" and become too frustrated when expanding out of my comfort zone. Any help or ideas?
You mean ''SaveStates''.

The difference between a Console Combo and a Emulator Combo, I think is the time it takes to record them into video and emulator combos are faster to do, cuz if you do a mistake you can load from the start, on console you have to Reset again and again. Is the only difference I can tell, except in the obvious case of different controllers, Joypad or Keyboard.
If you have troubles with combos, check this thread.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326305

It have some tips. Or you can PM me :D

mikeduncan23

Smash Apprentice
You mean ''SaveStates''.

The difference between a Console Combo and a Emulator Combo, I think is the time it takes to record them into video and emulator combos are faster to do, cuz if you do a mistake you can load from the start, on console you have to Reset again and again. Is the only difference I can tell, except in the obvious case of different controllers, Joypad or Keyboard.

I am familiar with and have read your combo thread. I would say my combo's generally stay between level 2-4. Anything beyond that just gets too technical. Oh well more practice I guess, only 3 weeks left of summer.

TANK64

Smash Lord
You mean ''SaveStates''.

I understand the extra step of capturing the recorded video, but what does resetting have to do with it? You would have to reset on emulator anyways.

Oh, and nice sig ;)

The Star King

Smash Hero
I can't use savestates because I actually used .krec files and then Mupen to record my combo. So my few videos were made with a 1 frame delay, lol. Also I don't get how savestates are used to make combos - you make/load savestates in the middle of the combo, seriously? That sounds ridiculous to do. I use the power of 1/4 training mode speed.

Top Bottom