• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My apologies for my role during Apex 2012

jugfingers

Smash Champion
prog is my favorite commentator right now.

I think people underestimate how hard it is to keep the same joke going for an inordinate amount of time and in relation to any situation that came up in the commentary. I for one was impressed with some of the novelties you threw in your I hate america rant and of course beyond the hyperbole there was that truth that keeps every joke alive.

shout outs to malcom x and not eating pork. lol.

darkatma

Smash Hero
"Is this what you want from apex?
Is this what you want from apex?
Is this what you want from apex?Is this what you want from apex?
Is this what you want from apex?"

that was the only part i was annoyed about rofl
i understand that commentary is not easy though

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
yeah the "is this what you want from apex?" was super annoying

is that an inside joke or something? I really didn't get it at all. like.. uhm yes i want super exciting matches from apex. and?

other than that, the commentary was pretty good

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Agreed with the above - "IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED FROM APEX" was cool when Javi played vs. PP, but not when HBox and AR played.

Never apologize for the game. I think Dogy did worse on that part though.

Overall your commentary was still fun to listen to, it just dropped during GF. /didn'twatchday1

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
the commentary was hilarious, i died at the "where is concentrate?" and "i love america" 'skits', those were funny as hell

Spyro

Smash Ace
I did not mide your commentary and the whole anti america thing made me laugh but it got old really quick. I'm only disapointed in the fact that we now look like an even bigger joke to the FGC after the stream, but I don't know if there is even anyone to blame for that, Armada and Hbox were playing to win, and armada's ylink vs hbox's jiggs is proable the most diffifult thing to commentate. The one thing that should have been done differantlly though is doing more explaining for people who are just tuning in to the stream that don't know anything about competitive Melee.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
I'm from Mexico but been living in the Us for a long while now lol ofcourse the world is better :D
You're cool Prog don't change your comments were hilarious keep it up :)

Varist

Smash Lord
Prog definitely sounds like a portly and bespectacled white man.
yet instead he is a thin and able-visioned black guy.

****ing prog tripping out peoples' minds. that's what i didn't like about his commentary at Apex.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was amusing and very clear that you weren't being serious. There's no reason whatsoever for people to be getting so butthurt over something as mundane as the commentary over a videogame. I'd like to point out that commentary for melee is typically MUCH worse than this (husband, wife, and s0ft aside).

Also, I definitely picked up on you and dogy explaining advanced techs, strategy, etc. I'm not sure what everyone's complaining about there, because you were definitely doing that haha

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Prog, why are you apologizing? Your commentary was awesome. Smash will never be a major e-sports game, so **** the haters and be as biased as you like. :)

AKARed

Smash Apprentice
yeah, no worry about apologizing. I like how chill the smash commentary is compared to say, mlg commentary

Zoler

Smash Ace
My mom was actually watching the stream and she said the only reason she kept on watching was because you were so damn hilarious, prog ;D

Luma

Smash Lord
lol, srsly the only people that complain about the crew-commentary simple didnt get his act

for GF's though i was really disappointed, esp. since i had high hopes you guys would do a better job then waffles and actually were able to keep people watching by explaining them why this was a thrilling and good set

Beat!

Smash Master
Yeah

GF commentary: not very good

Crew battle commentary: awesome. No, it didn't "get old" after a while. lmao

Veetaak

Smash Lord
I don't understand why so many ppl are in to repetetive jokes.

Especially the arrow to the knee joke that got old the day after it was presented but alot of ppl are still using it.

I didn't like it and I know it wasn't serious. I just thought it was bad and boring

jbro

Smash Ace
Thought you were awesome, Prog.
You and Dogy have great chemistry as commentators.
Let the haters hate, even if you do what they say someone else will complain.

cmac

Smash Cadet
Mount Vernon NY (Holidays) Elon, NC (School Terms)
Prog, I have to admit I loved the "Anti-America" role you took in the Crew Battle, We needed someone to talk on America's behalf and on the World's behalf and make fun of each other. It makes the match more exciting and enjoyable.
Thanks for making the commentary as interesting as the game itself.

Top Bottom