• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Apex tourny matches :P.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
first sk match is ****. LOL.
and clai was pretty smart @ 0:40-42 of the 2nd match.

but yeah, good stuff, hylian! i didn't know that falling nair could string to dsmash like that. is that guaranteed? or just lucky? u seemed to hit it often against sk...

EDIT: also, i'm not sure i understand all the differences between brawl and brawl+: increased speed and stun, no tripping, no autosweetspotting ledge, pokeball kirby textureswap is AWESOME? is that it?

cutter

Smash Champion
At 1:00 on the second vid against SK, why were you able to do a get up attack after the Ice Block? I thought Ice blocking someone if they missed a tech forced you to just normally get up.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i liked the way you bair canceled(is that what it's called?lol)
nice

and i was wondering about the same thing that cutter was talking about

The Reverend 814

Smash Apprentice
Nice matches man. First match was just scary good. Had some sick Nair cancel D-smashes in second match, that's easily one of my fav GW moves haha, I need to start doing it more.

Oh and it was nice meeting you, you and obm were mad chill. Keep doin work!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
first sk match is ****. LOL.
and clai was pretty smart @ 0:40-42 of the 2nd match.

but yeah, good stuff, hylian! i didn't know that falling nair could string to dsmash like that. is that guaranteed? or just lucky? u seemed to hit it often against sk...

EDIT: also, i'm not sure i understand all the differences between brawl and brawl+: increased speed and stun, no tripping, no autosweetspotting ledge, pokeball kirby textureswap is AWESOME? is that it?
Yes, falling nair to Dsmash is guarenteed. It's punishable if they shield if though, so get it off a read.

For brawl + you also have hitstun, speed modifiers, specific moves on characters modifed etc...tons of stuff.
At 1:00 on the second vid against SK, why were you able to do a get up attack after the Ice Block? I thought Ice blocking someone if they missed a tech forced you to just normally get up.
Hehehe :). I guess I'll share since I don't play IC's anymore.

Basically, you just DI on top of them, and the ice block will hit you right before you hit the ground. DI the Ice Block as it hits you up, and you will just fall onto the ground normally allowing you to get-up attack, roll, or whatever.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
Yes, falling nair to Dsmash is *guaranteed. It's punishable if they shield if though, so get it off a read. (fixed lol)
awesome! i've nvr seen this talked about in the threads, so that's pretty useful knowledge... does it only work on lightweights? and does the nair have to be fastfalled? and does it have to be cancelled at any specific part (early/late/doesn't matter)?

tl;dr specifics on this 'combo' would be appreciated. =)

Noa.

Smash Master
It works on any weight class as far as I know. You can autocancel it at anytime and it should still work. Nair doesn't necessarily necessarily have to be fastfalled, but you do want to land before it ends.

lou4222

Smash Lord
NOJ you should come to the circuit event this weekend.......... and actually care and not forfeit to people you know you can beat. Rep the GW with me.

Padô

Smash Lord
Nair to Dsmash will only work if you land the nair before the knockback hit you can Dsmash or if your opponent will shield it you charge an upsmash and it'll knock him back a little.

Top Bottom