• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MXC Mafia! End of Game! ~Meat Handlers and Cartoon Voice Actors Win!~

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, did you watch anyone else specifically?
yes and no, I won't tell you.

*crosses arms*

I normally watch entire games activity and just cycle through tabs hitting f5 during Night phases to see who is sending PMs or not (that means they have abilities) and things like that. This game has too many players, so I just picked a few players that interested me and a few I knew little/nothing about.

Who they are is a secret until they slip up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The thing is if we lynch Kirbyo too quickly D1 we'll have to work a lot on D2 to get info available.

I actually feel kind of bad for (possibly) breaking this game at a later point especially now that Chibo fixed one flaw. A good sportsman would probably tell him how the game can be broken and I'd rather be a good looser than a bad winner.

What should I do? =/

:059:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The thing is if we lynch Kirbyo too quickly D1 we'll have to work a lot on D2 to get info available.

I actually feel kind of bad for (possibly) breaking this game at a later point especially now that Chibo fixed one flaw. A good sportsman would probably tell him how the game can be broken and I'd rather be a good looser than a bad winner.

What should I do? =/

That's what I'd do anyway. No honor. Straight up demolition, just ****in' BREAK ****.

D1 right away, out a mafia member via obvious holes in game rules. That's AWESOME. Not our responsibility to make it harder on ourselves. Chibo's job to make the game bulletproof!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If I tell you now, Chibo can fix it. It's a thing that works at the right moment. If you want me to keep it secret you should not mention it / hint at it too much though.

Playing to win ... mafia is suppose to be fun =/

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
*Sigh*

Alright, then. I will keep it to myself until it becomes useful.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And JFYI:

I never said it will help us to 100% find scum on D1. But it's a guaranteed way to see if player X is town or not.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
*narrows eyes*

Gheb, if you don't produce results with all this pondering, I'm probably going to push for your lynch sooner than later. While I'd want you to be around just on the off chance you're town, your activity this game does not strike me as town-like play. It feels like you're indirectly setting things up. Indirect defense of kirbyyoshi who I KNOW is scum, vague "oh I can break the game" with no current support and no timeframe for it.... I dunno. If you don't give results, I'm going to assume you're scum attempting to do something sneaky. Just a warning.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK, Chibo gave me the clear via AIM. He said he's "intrigued" so I guess I'll make use of it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
This is a 20-man game Gheb. The most appropriate sized mafia team is right at 4. Especially with a divided town.

D

Deleted member

Gheb_01 said:
This is a good point here. I saw a game on Mafiascum where they basically lynched a person due to his grammer skills Day 1. Sure he was scum and yes this example isn't related to inactivity that Kirbyoshi is known for around here, but town didn't have much information to go on since they've only gotten three and a half of pages on Day 1.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That even lynching scum on D1, still leaves 3. Cause he was talking about mafia being fun, and not exploiting to win.

M.K

Level 55
This is a good point here. I saw a game on Mafiascum where they basically lynched a person due to his grammer skills Day 1. Sure he was scum and yes this example isn't related to inactivity that Kirbyoshi is known for around here, but town didn't have much information to go on since they've only gotten three and a half of pages on Day 1.
Thank you for that useless bit of information.
And FoS: Gheb....because I feel like anyone that is part of a team would probably keep a game breaking element secret and not be like "I, LIKE, BROKE THE GAME." Last time someone did that, it was OS in DBZ, who was scummyyy (and yet targeted by the entire game night one , lol fatality).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I was deliberately trying to get targeted by the entire game D1. A testament to my skill! :D

I don't know what Chaco is talking about. His statements don't seem to come from any logical source, but whatever.

I really wish I had some guarantee of KirbyYoshi coming up to post, but I would not be opposed to him being lynched sooner than deadline. Just saying, this is gonna get really boring really fast.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't know what Chaco is talking about. His statements don't seem to come from any logical source, but whatever.
What he was trying to say: Even if I manage to get one scumbag guaranteed (which is the ideal case, worst case we get a confirmed townie) we should still expect to have a 4 man scumteam so it might not actually "break" the game.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I was deliberately trying to get targeted by the entire game D1. A testament to my skill! :D

I really wish I had some guarantee of KirbyYoshi coming up to post, but I would not be opposed to him being lynched sooner than deadline. Just saying, this is gonna get really boring really fast.
How about this, if he doesn't post next time he's on the site, we lynch him, if he doesn't post in time to avoid a prod, we lynch him. If there's a whole in his explanation, we lynch him.

And only IF it actually posts something reasonable (in the allotted timeframe) do we consider the possibility of not lynching him.

Fair enough?

That way game doesn't get stalled and we force him to post.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
This is a 20-man game Gheb. The most appropriate sized mafia team is right at 4. Especially with a divided town.
Wrong. This is a 16-man game initially disguised as a 20-man game.

If it's true that the mafia couldn't die N1, then there would be no reason to have a game of 1/4th mafia. Now, this doesn't mean that this is true, but it's a thought of mine.

Anyway, someone said that KirbyYoshi wasn't coming back until a week from Thursday? Where did you get this from?

Chaco

Never Logs In
That is a really good point, however, we do not know if or if not mafia could be eliminated pre-game. KirbYo holds that tell.

If you are right however, than it would presumably be a 3 man team.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Anyway, someone said that KirbyYoshi wasn't coming back until a week from Thursday? Where did you get this from?
That's the deadline, not hwen he's returning. It's how long we'd have to wait for a response if we were waiting until deadline.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Oh.

I'm going to Arizona this Saturday, staying for a week. If he doesn't return by this Saturday, my vote will be final.

I think we'll have a PC or something down there, so I might be able to make some posts during that time.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Unvote: frozenflame751 Well, I hope he'll look at my initial vote and remember that joke from 2006. <_<

I normally watch entire games activity and just cycle through tabs hitting f5 during Night phases to see who is sending PMs or not (that means they have abilities) and things like that.
Because no one else on SWF has ever PM'd anyone about anything other than mafia, ever. I mean, obviously that information can be useful, but it can't always be conclusive nor definitive.

If you are right however, than it would presumably be a 3 man team.
I'd imagine that the two town teams would have to start out evenly matched, so the scum team would have to be an even number as well.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Because no one else on SWF has ever PM'd anyone about anything other than mafia, ever. I mean, obviously that information can be useful, but it can't always be conclusive nor definitive.
And not all bloody knives are held by murderers, but that doesn't mean context can't help.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Anyone have any ideas on what to do til then? I'm not going to be able to do a reread for a bit.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Anyone have any ideas on what to do til then? I'm not going to be able to do a reread for a bit.
Attack the lurkers of course!

Well, okay, maybe not, it's only been a day, but there still is some people who haven't posted yet. Would be nice if they did.

Anyways this Day 1 feels so. . . weird. Like, everyone's agreeing on something rather than Day 1 scum hunting. Not use to this. Might as well reread I guess.

Btw OS you do realize that if you're wrong about Kirbyoshi (assuming he does end up toDay's lynch) then you pretty much have to go, right?

M.K

Level 55
Vote: Kirbyoshi because I find OS's argument solid, and I also find the fact that all 4 dead are from one team, but that may just be strange coincidence.
@Sworddancer, why does he have to go? At this point, he's the only person who's come up with something solid to boost us out of RVS, plus I don't see him pushing too hard for this Kirbyo lynch. Yes, we have evidence, but he's not calling for a quicklynch. Allowing Kirbyo to speak is healthy pressure.

That being said, if he doesn't come back....>_> I hate inactives.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The deadline is set for 9:00pm EST on July 8th.
16 players are alive and it takes 9 to lynch!
The elimination challenge for today has passed, and there will not be another.

Vote Count:

• Xonar: (1) The Paprika Killer
  • Meta-Kirby: (0)
  • kirbyoshi: (6) Overswarm, Xonar, Gheb_01, Sworddancer., Dark_ermac, Meta-Kirby
  • Dark_ermac: (0)
  • Sworddancer.: (0)
  • Sir Bedevere: (0)
  • Super Smash Bros. Fan: (0)
  • Clownbot: (1) Brave Little Toaster
  • Frozenflame751: (0)
  • Gheb_01: (0)
  • Adumbrodeus: (1) Chacotaco
  • Chacotaco: (0)
  • The Paprika Killer: (0)
  • Overswarm: (1) Sir Bedevere
  • Brave Little Toaster: (1) Clownbot
  • Thedocsalive: (2) Super Smash Bros. Fan, Adumbrodeus
  • No Lynch: (0)
  • Not Voting: (3) kirbyoshi, Frozenflame751, thedocsalive

Get it on!

#HBC | Dancer

Vote: Kirbyoshi because I find OS's argument solid, and I also find the fact that all 4 dead are from one team, but that may just be strange coincidence.
@Sworddancer, why does he have to go? At this point, he's the only person who's come up with something solid to boost us out of RVS, plus I don't see him pushing too hard for this Kirbyo lynch. Yes, we have evidence, but he's not calling for a quicklynch. Allowing Kirbyo to speak is healthy pressure.

That being said, if he doesn't come back....>_> I hate inactives.
Don't skim please. I said that if he's wrong about Kirbyoshi he has to go, not just "he has to go".

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, and you didn't answer my question. I didn't skim, I asked you why in that particular circumstance he has to go. You're just nitpicking on something I clearly quoted you on.

#HBC | Dancer

Yeah, and you didn't answer my question. I didn't skim, I asked you why in that particular circumstance he has to go. You're just nitpicking on something I clearly quoted you on.
Because in that situation he led a mislynch and probably lied to us. Do I really need to go on?

Top Bottom