• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MXC Mafia! End of Game! ~Meat Handlers and Cartoon Voice Actors Win!~

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Just to clarify: you looked at his user profile, checked when his last activity was before roles were sent out, and by the time the thread had been opened, his last activity was still the same? Or were you hanging out F5-ing in DG? Because if it's the latter, it's possible he just received the PM and confirmed, without even knowing about the challenge. Similarly, it's possible that he browses SWF in invisible mode (although you can correct me if I'm wrong and you/anyone have seen him in a specific sub-forum before). If it's the former, it's pretty solid, but I wish you would've taken a screenshot. <_<

I'm all for trying out a "game meta" lynch like this, especially on day one where there's usually not as much information to go on, but I just want to make sure it's right.
I want him to answer this, I'd appreciate if nobody answer this question beyond Kirby-yoshi.

@Kirby-yoshi, how did you achieve the challenge in spite of not being active on the site at the time? Were you browsing as invisible?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I just look at user activity in their profile. If it doesn't match up with Chibo's opening of the thread, that's evidence enough for me.

It's pretty simple stuff. I'm done campaigning though; I have no proof other than my word. I'm not exactly wanting to say "if he's not scum, lynch me!" on the offchance there's missing information, but I'm pretty close. I have no reason to lie about something like this; if I'm scum, I'm not going to risk killing a random townie in this manner. Worst case scenario is I'm mistaken somehow. I don't believe I am and can't think of anything I could have missed save for hidden information (of which there seems to be little in this game). Getting scum D1 in a game this large would be huuuuuuuuuuuge for us.

To add to the fact... KirbyYoshi is useless anyway. He is consistently inactive in all games he is in, ever. Go look at LotR mafia going on right now and see how he works. -_-;;

If you guys are waiting for a response via KirbyYoshi, you won't get one. It'll be days before he shows up. -_-;;

tl;dr

KirbyYoshi is scum
OS has no proof, gotta trust his word
OS has no reason to lie
KirbyYoshi is useless anyway
KirbyYoshi will be inactive for a while and will probably not post even when he reads the thread

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I didn't even know you could browse as invisible. That would be useful for mafia games, haha.

I'm gonna see how browsing invisibly works...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I always browse invincible :lick:

Unvote Vote Kirbyo

Let's not quicklynch him though. If he flips scum town will likely win.

:059:

D

Deleted member

@Overswarm (#39): First off, I want to point out that you broked #3 in The Lord Of The Rings Mafia. You're not suppose to link to ongoing games and I definently don't think you're suppose to link to that game in this game.

So he didn't post in Desicive Games yesterday. He may not have posted, but it isn't really proof that he didn't confirm to the mod.

I'm not going to continue discussion on The Lord Of The Rings Mafia as we are basically breaking the rules by discussing it, as it is ongoing.
Gheb_01 said:
Slip? You don't want to quicklynch him, yet you said if he flips scum, town will most likely win. I'm getting a bad vibe from this post, as I feel like you have a potential connection between you and Kirbyoshi.

D

Deleted member

I wanna hear from Mr. yoshi before I'm making up my mind.

in the meantime, xonar, why should we not lynch you?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Uh, TpK? I'm gonna go ahead and answer for him and say "because of KirbyYoshi".

I can't believe I'm agreeing with SSBF.... but I get the same vibe. That said, Gheb is a good player so I wouldn't want him gone just on the off chance that he's town. No offense to most of the players here, but this isn't exactly stacked with vets; if Gheb is town I want him around for some time.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Yo. OS. Good ****.

unvote vote Kirbyoshi

Definitely still want to hear from Kirbyoshi, though, but at the same time I don't want to give him too much time to respond. If he really did do the elimination challage, then he should be able to explain himself out front.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Slip? You don't want to quicklynch him, yet you said if he flips scum, town will most likely win. I'm getting a bad vibe from this post, as I feel like you have a potential connection between you and Kirbyoshi.
I can't believe I'm agreeing with SSBF.... but I get the same vibe.
Are you guys serious? You're getting bad vibes from me not wanting Kirbyo lynched here and now AT THE VERY FIRST DAY BEFORE ALL PLAYERS EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO SPEAK UP???

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you're getting what OS is trying to say here, SSBF.

It's true that someone can send PMs without posting at all in the forums, but OS is talking about KY's general activity. He claimed that KY's last login date (as viewed in his profile) was this past Sunday, and that he didn't come online until the challenge was already over.

I confirmed yesterday at 3:15 PM, while the challenge ended a little over six hours later. There was only a short window of time for him to confirm, as I believe I was probably one of the last to confirm.

Even if he is active right now, I haven't seen him post once in this topic. OS mentioned that KY was infamous for his inactivity which cost his team the game several times in the past. Even if he is town, I wouldn't want someone like him to make it to lylo and throw the game for us.

vote: KirbyYoshi

Until he can prove that he won't be an unreliable player, my vote stays here.

D

Deleted member

OS, I asked xonar a question. he can answer for himself.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I have a strong feeling that this is going to turn into a "he said OS said" thing. I have no way to verify my claims at this point in time. Let me repeat: I have no way to verify my claims.

That said, I'm telling the truth and you're just gonna have to trust me. When he flips scum, it'll all be good to go.

Unless KirbyYoshi has some ability or whatever not listed in the original post or was actually able to confirm via AIM or something.... my vote stays on him til he dies.

@mod

Can people report for challenges and whatnot via AIM or anything other than PM?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Are you guys serious? You're getting bad vibes from me not wanting Kirbyo lynched here and now AT THE VERY FIRST DAY BEFORE ALL PLAYERS EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO SPEAK UP???

Yes, save for the "wanting Kirbyyo lynched here and now" part. I just don't like the way you've approached your defense of him. I can't put my finger on it. When I do, I'll post it.

But like I said, I'm not interested in lynching you right now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yes, save for the "wanting Kirbyyo lynched here and now" part. I just don't like the way you've approached your defense of him. I can't put my finger on it. When I do, I'll post it.

But like I said, I'm not interested in lynching you right now.
Where have I been defending him? :confused:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Where have I been defending him? :confused:

Also, I never said I agree with your approach. Metagaming like that also lost us games in the past and I'd like to see things from Kirbyo before I decide to join. Additionally you don't even have any kind of back-up for your claims. We do not know if what you say about Kirbyo is actually true, right? Is there any way for us to double-check if you're not just bullshipping us?
No vote during all of this, then a random change of heart with

and a vote.

followed by

None of these are particularly scummy. I literally am just saying I get a bad vibe from them. They all defend KirbyYoshi in one way or another... not necessarily bad, and none of them are illogical... but just gives me a bad vibe.

Like I said, not interested in lynching you right now. So breathe deep, seek peace.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The deadline is set for 9:00pm EST on July 8th.
16 players are alive and it takes 9 to lynch!
The elimination challenge for today has passed, and there will not be another.

Vote Count:

• Xonar: (1) The Paprika Killer
  • Meta-Kirby: (0)
  • kirbyoshi: (5) Overswarm, Xonar, Gheb_01, Sworddancer., Dark_ermac
  • Dark_ermac: (1) Meta-Kirby
  • Sworddancer.: (0)
  • Sir Bedevere: (0)
  • Super Smash Bros. Fan: (0)
  • Clownbot: (1) Brave Little Toaster
  • Frozenflame751: (1) thedocsalive
  • Gheb_01: (0)
  • Adumbrodeus: (1) Chacotaco
  • Chacotaco: (0)
  • The Paprika Killer: (0)
  • Overswarm: (1) Sir Bedevere
  • Brave Little Toaster: (1) Clownbot
  • Thedocsalive: (2) Super Smash Bros. Fan, Adumbrodeus
  • No Lynch: (0)
  • Not Voting: (2) kirbyoshi, Frozenflame751

Get it on!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If they "defend" Kirbyo then in a very indirect manner. It had nothing to do with him that made me dislike your approach but the approach itself. It happened to be Kirbyo but it could've been anybody else. That's not what a defense is in my book.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I see where you're coming from though. Let's not rush it either way. It's not like we gain something by a quicklynch when we can use the day to its fullest.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Huh?

I'm not getting that vibe at all, a simpler explanation is that he wanted to hear Kirby's explanation before committing to a lynch.

Which I agree with on principal, I'd like him to answer the question before anything? Also, OS could you stop giving him outs, I'd like him to answer the question before we confirm whether or not anything is possible. I have some ideas, but if he is scum, I'd like to give him the opportunity to trap himself in a lie to solidify the case.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Edward Cullen is a ****er.
It's Cedric Diggory -_-

Also, you can't see when a person's last activity was if they use invisible, so Kirby doesn't. I want mod to answer OS's question about confirming via AIM/etc. first, but none of it sounds all that absurd so far.

#HBC | Dancer

If they "defend" Kirbyo then in a very indirect manner. It had nothing to do with him that made me dislike your approach but the approach itself. It happened to be Kirbyo but it could've been anybody else. That's not what a defense is in my book.

Err... not to just latch onto what OS is saying but, wouldn't that fact that the defense is indirect actually make it scummy in its own way?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's up to personal interpretation. It's not like I deny that it can be interpreted as a defense.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Did anyone beside OS see what Kirby's last activity was at the time of the confirmation stage?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It's Cedric Diggory -_-

Also, you can't see when a person's last activity was if they use invisible, so Kirby doesn't. I want mod to answer OS's question about confirming via AIM/etc. first, but none of it sounds all that absurd so far.

I want him to answer this, I'd appreciate if nobody answer this question beyond Kirby-yoshi.
COULD PEOPLE PLEASE STOP SPECULATING ON THIS?

If we catch him in a lie that makes it much easier on all of us to figure out if OS is telling the truth when KY actually responds.

I have a few possible scenarios in mind, but there's no reason to let KY be in on them before he answers.

For some unrelated speculation, are we sure there's an actual "scum team"? Maybe each team's objective is to get all members of the other team lynched, I highly doubt that either side can win alone regardless.

#HBC | Dancer

For some unrelated speculation, are we sure there's an actual "scum team"? Maybe each team's objective is to get all members of the other team lynched, I highly doubt that either side can win alone regardless.
Mmmm... I'm pretty sure there is. From the Game Mechanics part of the op:

The game has three factions in it, but no player is an independant.

There are two "town" factions who are in a sense competing against each other, and a third "mafia" faction. The team's role PMs are revealed in this OP, the mafia one's arent. The teams do not know who is on each team, except that a couple of them start in a mason to know who their teammates are, and can recruit more. For more details see the role PMs section.

Each day players will vote for each other like standard mafia games. But remember the setup... How will you vote?

About halfway through each day will be an Elimination Challenge! These events introduce some different gameplay, not normally seen in Mafia. Think of them as mini games, and the losers are eliminated from the game! These elimination challenges will take out on average 1 player, but some may eliminate more. The game mod will post the elimination challenges along with rules and such when the time comes.

When a player is eliminated they are allowed one final post before they can no longer speak for the rest of the game. You are allowed one final post that can be no more than 100 words to say to the game. This final post can contain anything that you would normally be able to say during the game, so pretty much just no quoting mod PMs and the sort.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
You potentially gave him ways out, until we get an answer from him ANY speculation in this regard is terrible.
What, are you talking about confirming via other methods than PMing? I guess I understand where you're coming from there but mod already answered saying that you had to have confirmed via PM for the challenge, so no way out for him.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
adumbrodeus:

Saying "don't give him outs!" prior to him answering doesn't change anything. We can give him all the outs in the world because if there IS an "out" and he finds it, we're at an impasse. Trying to hide his options and crossing our fingers to hope he doesn't find them is pretty silly, especially considering the fact that if he's scum he has scummates to help him.

I know what you mean, but it doesn't change anything. This is going to come down to a question of who you trust more: OS or KirbyYoshi.

I trust me, and you should too; not only am I active and he's not (+1 to OS claim), his inactivity fit into a recognizable pattern of previous games (+1 to OS claim) and there's a history of me checking meta (+1 to OS claim) and a history of me dealing with KirbyYoshi inactivity (+1 to OS claim), in addition to me publicly making a claim that I can't prove until AFTER he's lynched, which doesn't make sense for scum to do because it's sticking my neck preeeeeetty far out if I'm wrong (+1 to OS claim).

That's really all there is to it. Maybe KYoshi will say something worthwhile, but I doubt we'll even hear from him.

D

Deleted member

Also, you can't see when a person's last activity was if they use invisible, so Kirby doesn't.
http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=154335

Looking at his profile, he clearly does show when he last visited the forum. According to that, his last visit was at 12:03 AM CST/1:03 AM EST. That means he does not use invisible form, so we can rule out thedocsalive's argument that Kirbyoshi could possibly use invisible.

As to answer your question, no I did not see when he last checked the forum during confirmation stage. This question is similar, thought:
Me said:
Did anyone see Kirbyoshi in Desicive Games during Confirmation Stage? If so, please answer this question.
I'd like to add that you can say "No" if you want, as that would be kind of helpful.

I'll be keeping a list here. For those who basically confirm that they have not seen Kirbyoshi active during confirmation stage, I will strike off.

Xonar
Meta-Kirby
kirbyoshi
Dark_Ermac
Sworddancer.
Sir Bedevere
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Clownbot
Frozenflame751
Gheb_01
Adumbrodeus
Chacotaco
The Paprika Killer
Overswarm
Brave Little Toaster
thedocsalive

This won't verify whenever or not Overswarm is right, but if everyone were to say they didn't see him during confirmation stage, I will vote for Kirbyoshi for pressure (Unless that would lynch him or put him at L-1), as it would be evidence that Overswarm could be right.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Er... SSBF. Wouldn't it be easier to just ask "if you saw Kirby Yoshi being active at that time, say something"?

Regardless, thta's another he-said she-said thing. No way to prove it either.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I sort of forgot to include the win condition in everyone's role PM, but it's pretty simple.

However for clarification I added the win condition to the OP under the Role PMs section. The win conditions are as follows:

Win Condition for all team players:
You and your team wins when the "mafia" faction is eliminated and your team outnumbers the other team.

Win Condition for all "mafia" players:
You and your faction win when you outnumber the combined total of all team players.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
adumbrodeus:

Saying "don't give him outs!" prior to him answering doesn't change anything. We can give him all the outs in the world because if there IS an "out" and he finds it, we're at an impasse. Trying to hide his options and crossing our fingers to hope he doesn't find them is pretty silly, especially considering the fact that if he's scum he has scummates to help him.

I know what you mean, but it doesn't change anything. This is going to come down to a question of who you trust more: OS or KirbyYoshi.

I trust me, and you should too; not only am I active and he's not (+1 to OS claim), his inactivity fit into a recognizable pattern of previous games (+1 to OS claim) and there's a history of me checking meta (+1 to OS claim) and a history of me dealing with KirbyYoshi inactivity (+1 to OS claim), in addition to me publicly making a claim that I can't prove until AFTER he's lynched, which doesn't make sense for scum to do because it's sticking my neck preeeeeetty far out if I'm wrong (+1 to OS claim).

That's really all there is to it. Maybe KYoshi will say something worthwhile, but I doubt we'll even hear from him.
The thing is, it only becomes an impasse if he actually catches on to one of those outs, and I'd like to see if he does.

If there's a hole in his story, the lynch is automatic.

If he does, then we get into a conversation of "who we trust more".

The thing is, we have more people overall in the entire town then he has scummates, if there's an out, all of us combined are more likely to find it then him and his scummates.

For that reason, I'd like him to answer the question first.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That means we have to wait a week from Thursday. :(

everyone might as well go inactive because we're not gonna hear from him aaaaaaanytime soon -_-;;

D

Deleted member

Overswarm said:
Er... SSBF. Wouldn't it be easier to just ask "if you saw Kirby Yoshi being active at that time, say something"?
My idea is somewhat similar to that idea, but the major difference is that I would apperciate a "No" response, althought that isn't necessary. That would help the town give a more accurate view of if Kirbyoshi didn't confirm like you thought or did confirm. And with the fact he is not on invisibility mode, I felt this question was worth asking.
Overswarm said:
Regardless, thta's another he-said she-said thing. No way to prove it either.
You do have a point, as we can't really prove anything. What I'm saying is that it could give us a more accurate result on if Kirbyoshi didn't confirm or did confirm. No one saying that they saw Kirbyoshi will not make him auto-scum, but I would help pressure him depending if I find no other suspects and that he is not lynched or put at L-1.

Top Bottom