• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MXC Mafia! End of Game! ~Meat Handlers and Cartoon Voice Actors Win!~

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Night Actions

Night 1

Sir Bedevere (Team Leader) recruits Frozenflame751 (Challenge Captain)
Success: Yes
Return Answer: Your recruit has failed.

Dark_Ermac (Interrupter) interrupts Sworddancer. (Contestant)
Return Answer: n/a

The Paprika Killer (Color Commentator) eliminates (mafia kill) Clownbot (Contestant)

The Paprika Killer (Color Commentator) commentates Chacotaco (Protector)
Return Answer: Chacotaco is a Protector!

Adumbrodeus (Interrupter) interrupts Super Smash Bros. Fan (Contestant)

Chacotaco (Protector) protects Overswarm (Interviewer)

Xonar (Protector) protects Overswarm (Interviewer)

Night 2

SummonerAU (Interrupter) interrupts Meta-Kirby (Contestant)

Sir Bedevere (Team Leader) recruits Adumbrodeus (Interrupter)
Return Answer: Congratulations! Adumbrodeus is on the Cartoon Voice Actors team and now has access to the mason!

Xonar (Protector) protects thedocsalive (Team Sub-Leader)

Adumbrodeus (Interrupter) interrupts thedocsalive (Team Sub-Leader)

The Paprika Killer (Color Commentator) commentates Adumbrodeus (Interrupter)
Return Answer: Adumbrodeus is a Interrupter!

Night 3

SummonerAU (Interrupter) interrupts Overswarm (Interviewer)

Praxis (Color Commentator) eliminates (mafia kill) Adumbrodeus (Interrupter)

Praxis (Color Commentator) commentates thedocsalive (Team Sub-Leader)
Return Answer: thedocsalive is a Team Sub-Leader!

Sir Bedevere (Team Leader) recruits Overswarm (Interviewer)
Success: No
Return Answer: Your recruit has failed.

Night 4

SummonerAU (Interrupter) interrupts thedocsalive (Team Sub-Leader)

Praxis (Color Commentator) eliminates (mafia kill) Sir Bedevere (Team Leader)

Praxis (Color Commentator) commentates Gheb_01 (Contestant)
Return Answer: Gheb_01 is a contestant.

Sir Bedevere (Team Leader) recruits Praxis (Color Commentator)
Return Answer: Your action didn't take place because uh... you're dead :p

Night 5

Praxis (Color Commentator) eliminates (mafia kill) thedocsalive (Team Sub-Leader)

Praxis (Color Commentator) commentates SummonerAU (Interrupter)
Return Answer: SummonerAU is a interrupter!

thedocsalive (Team Sub-Leader) recruits Gheb_01 (Contestant)
Return Answer: Your action didn't take place because uh... you're dead :p

SummonerAU (Interrupter) interrupts Riddle (Contestant)

Night 6

SummonerAU (Interrupter) interrupts Praxis (Color Commentator)

Praxis (Color Commentator) eliminates (mafia kill) SummonerAU (Interrupter)

Praxis (Color Commentator) commentates Riddle (Contestant)
Return Answer: Your commentating has been inconclusive.

Night 7

SummonerAU (Interrupter) interrupts Praxis (Color Commentator)

Praxis (Color Commentator) eliminates (mafia kill) Gheb_01 (Contestant)

Praxis (Color Commentator) commentates Summoner (Interrupter)
Return Answer: Your commentating has been inconclusive.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Elimination Challenge Information

Elimination Challenge 1

The last four players to confirm are eliminated. If one of those players is a MXC Host, then the 5th latest player to confirm is eliminated instead and so on.

Order of confirmation:

1. thedocsalive
2. Brave Little Toaster
3. The Paprika Killer
4. Sworddancer.
5. Sir Bedevere
6. Adumbrodeus
7. Chacotaco
8. Overswarm
9. Meta-Kirby
10. Gheb_01
11. Super Smash Bros. Fan
12. Frozenflame751
13. Clownbot
14. Xonar
15. Dark_Ermac
16. Tandora

Elimination Challenge 2

Everyone picks a number between 0 and 50, including 50. MXC Hosts do not need to select a number, except for Frozenflame. Frozenflame, being the Challenge Captain, must select a number which is pivotal to the Elimination Challenge. The player who picks a number closest to FF's number is eliminated. If two or more players tie for the closest number, then they are all eliminated.

If someone fails to submit a number, then three numbers are randomly generated for them, and the number closest to FF's number is chosen for them.

FrozenFlame751 - 7

Adumbrodeus - 4
Gheb - 42
Meta-Kirby - 44
Super Smash Bros. Fan - 27
Riddle - 28
thedocsalive - 46
Sir Bedevere - 43
Sworddancer. - 18
Xonar - 25

Adumbrodeus was the closest initially, however two players did not submit a number. Their numbers ended up being:

Dark_Ermac - 11
Chacotaco - 9

Elimination Challenge 3

Everyone starts out with a point value and submits to me the names of two players. Each player steals one point from the players names they wrote down. If you did not submit two names, two points were subtracted from you. MXC Hosts are to participate in this game.

Your initial point value was set to the amount of times you had posted so far in Day 3.

Initial point values and the names submitted by each player:

-Xonar 4
-Meta-Kirby 6
-Sworddancer. 11
-Sir Bedevere 1
-Frozenflame751 1
-Gheb_01 18
-Adumbrodeus 5
-Overswarm 20
-Thedocsalive 5
-Riddle 5
-SummonerAU 10
-Praxis 6

Sworddancer. - Gheb_01 and Adumbrodeus
Riddle - thedocsalive and Sworddancer.
Meta-Kirby - Gheb_01 and Sworddancer.
FrozenFlame751 - Gheb_01 and Adumbrodeus
Adumbrodeus - thedocsalive and Gheb
Gheb_01 - Xonar and Sir Bedevere
Praxis - Gheb_01 and Adumbrodeus
thedocsalive - FrozenFlame751 and Xonar
Sir Bedevere - FrozenFlame751 and Xonar

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Mod Insight

So this is my first game I've hosted in DGames, and waited months and months on the waiting list to host it, and I'm very glad with how well it turned out! I'm a little bummed out with a couple of things like Dark Ermac outting that he was a power role, but besides that everything went awesome!

I'm glad no one hated me for eliminating 4 people off the bat, but it worked out fine despite all 4 members being from the Meat Handlers! In exchange it gave an open opportunity to put Kirbyoshi on fire ready to be lynched. What happened their wasn't an oversight in the game mechanics either, I knew the possibility in that happening. As I said, activity will be heavily rewarded in the game, or on the contrary, the lack of activity will be punished.

I'm a tad dissapointed that the Blue team didn't go for a solo win at the end which was very possible, as I think that each team should try and shoot for a solo win. Major props to SummonerAU though for pulling out a shared Green team victory, despite how bleak things looked from the start of the game.

Some people have complained to me about how broken the game was in favor of the scum team when they learned of the setup, but look at how the game ended! Even the green team won despite losing half of their team at the very start of the game. Sure the scum team had a role cop and immunity from day challenges, but the town had 4 recruiters (which semi act as a cop), a way to stop elimination challenges, 2 doctors that prevented night kills and elimination challenge kills, and role blockers. Both teams were stacked enough to keep each other in check.

So what do you guys think? Would you like to see me host a different type of game as my next one or a sequel to MXC Mafia? What did you think of the video flavor? Any other comments?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This game was fun, but you fudged up the win conditions. Green and Blue didn't win:

Win Condition for all team players:
You and your team wins when the "mafia" faction is eliminated and your team outnumbers the other team.

Everyone lost in your game.

Win Condition for all "mafia" players:
You and your faction win when you are equal or outnumber the combined total of all team players.

I didn't watch any of the videos.

I also didn't like dying when I was V/LA, but oh well.

M.K

Level 55
I'm glad no one hated me for eliminating 4 people off the bat, but it worked out fine despite all 4 members being from the Meat Handlers! In exchange it gave an open opportunity to put Kirbyoshi on fire ready to be lynched. What happened their wasn't an oversight in the game mechanics either, I knew the possibility in that happening. As I said, activity will be heavily rewarded in the game, or on the contrary, the lack of activity will be punished.
I don't think I agree with this...
Scum's advantage was 4 Power Roles. Looking at the game's set up, Green was ALWAYS playing catch up.
It was 8-4-4, allowing Blue to run this game as they please.

Also you speak as if town cooperated on everything, trying to oust scum when obviously that wasn't true.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
@OS, that is true, but the ending at 1v1 scenario was a special exception. Mafia can not continue when there are only two players obviously. If it had ended at 2v2 or 3v3, it would have continued and whichever team the next lynched person was on lost.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
This game was fun, but you fudged up the win conditions. Green and Blue didn't win:

Win Condition for all team players:
You and your team wins when the "mafia" faction is eliminated and your team outnumbers the other team.

Everyone lost in your game.

Win Condition for all "mafia" players:
You and your faction win when you are equal or outnumber the combined total of all team players.

I didn't watch any of the videos.

I also didn't like dying when I was V/LA, but oh well.
u mad

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@OS, that is true, but the ending at 1v1 scenario was a special exception. Mafia can not continue when there are only two players obviously. If it had ended at 2v2 or 3v3, it would have continued and whichever team the next lynched person was on lost.
You should word your win conditions more carefully :p

I wasn't around towards the end, but I always assumed that once you got a player down to 1 member of their team, they couldn't win from how the win con was worded.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I am surprisingly pleased with how this turned out. Also Chibo is a very good mod and had a lot of sound reasoning even though I thought most of what he did was dumb, he always had quality reasoning.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Wooooo, a winrar is town. :) This game was fun, and being masoned with doc made it more fun (<3). I was nervous about being in control of what was (basically) the most powerful role in the game for my first mafia game ever, but I think I did alright.

FF in Mafia QT said:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10731056&postcount=423

In the second paragraph here Bedevere refers to the team sub leader as certainly not having a night ability. Even though this is objectively identifiable, the way he talks about it suggests a degree of certainty and knowledge that makes me think he knows it BECAUSE not only does he know who his sub leader is, but he IS the leader and thus knows that he's still in control.
I was actually REALLY worried about the wording of that post, and it looked like it came back to bite me in the *** after all. >_< And I thought that you guys lynched doc after me based on our voting records; doc and I voted together D1 (we both didn't vote lol), D2 (needed help with the SSBF wagon), D3 (well, doc said he WOULD have voted xD), and D4 (needed OS to dieee). Hadn't expected the rolecop ability.

I also find it lulzy that all of my recruits were on all the last mafia members as well as the last PR blue had. xD I should have had actual cop powers kekeke.

The whole "lol one scum remaining blue has control GG all" thing was partially my fault, as I was the one to come up with the plan to lynch all green under the assumption that there was one scum left; it really screwed up my/others view of the game, and OS' flip was a total surprise to me. I'd attribute it to the luck I had at recruiting 2 scum and getting adum to tell people to lynch them that this game didn't fall to that stupid assumption, and thus scum's win.

And ugh, if I survived to lategame, I could have really messed things up for town, because if you read our QT, the last 30 posts or so are basically me freaking out about the possibility of Gheb being scum and that being indicated by the fact that he's not dying. <_> I'm glad Summoner trusted Gheb or we would have given the win to scum.

Also, I'd really appreciate a criticism of my play for my first game. You might not have a lot to work with in this thread, but half that QT is filled with me spamming it up with my suspicions and reads and plans and stuff, and really, any way you think I could improve would be appreciated for the next games I join. :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Sir Bedevere I was extremely surprised to be reminded that this was your first game after I saw you play it for a while. Especially with also seeing more into your thoughts behind the game reading the QuickTopic I have to say that you are an amazing new player, and expect great things from you to come. Between you and Praxis, I haven't seen new players like you two ever start out this well.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
GGs to all. Was a fun game.

lol @ anyone who says this game was scum favored. It was definitely AT LEAST even and IMO probably town favored.

Had both the team leader and sub leader for MH not been off pre D1, this game would have been a hell of a lot harder for scum. Scum basically has to fight against 2 town RBers, 2 town doctors, 2 town pseudo cop-masons and then 2 BACKUP pseudo cop-masons. That is an incredible amount of powerful town power roles that the mafia has to compete with that having potential double NKing in the form of Elimination Challenges (more like 1 1/2 NKing considering A.) it isn't guaranteed to happen B.) it STOPS happening when the mafiat with that power dies and C.) scum have no control over WHO gets NK'd by the EC) doesn't quite make up for.

In retrospect, considering how many investigative and otherwise solid information generating/alignment checking roles that were in this game, I probably would have told OS to not go for that early bus gambit because as much credit as it bought him, no amount of lynch credit will save you when night roles can literally straight up confirm you as scum. Keeping our numbers large for as long as possible is a better strategy for scum in this setup.

Setup is definitely swingy but I don't think it matters a whole lot because chibo built this game to be fast paced and unique, not standard and balanced. At least that's how he advertised, and he certainly delivered. Props to chibo!

Oh and yeah reading Bedevere as CVA leader was like my only achievement in this game. Played pretty poorly otherwise but getting that spot on was awesome lol.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
The game was town favored. When it came down to later in the game, scum couldn't vote with each other because they had to team claim. They also had to deal with two recruitors and two masonries that could essentially function as cops, and two roleblockers; look what happened to me at the end with the roleblocker.

I debated killing Summoner, but the risk of Summoner roleblocking me and the risk of thedocsalive recruiting me was equally bad, and TDA might also recruit someone else...

Also, Frozenflame's read on Bedevere was amazing.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I have no idea why you guys decided to leave summoner alive. You should have killed him as soon as you got the chance to.

:059:

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
This looked like a fun game, but I was eliminated straight up >.<. I blame my shoddy timezone. But I kept reading up until around Day 3 or 4.

Good job with the gambit OS! I was pretty baffled when you turned up scum.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I have no idea why you guys decided to leave summoner alive. You should have killed him as soon as you got the chance to.

He was our only confirmed Green. If we killed him, we could have ended up killing all the green players, leaving a unified town vs. Mafia. They both have their advantages, but we didn't know who else was green and were more concerned with getting the blue power roles out.

Chacotaco (Protector) protects Overswarm (Interviewer)

Xonar (Protector) protects Overswarm (Interviewer)

I am awesome.

My death was kind of lame because I was V/LA and could have talked my way out of it, but people were like OMG HE ISN'T RESPONDING and no one realized that I never posted on saturdays. >_>

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

There were multiple doctors and two of us had to claim green; we had to leave summoner alive because there weren't enough green alive to keep OS and Frozenflame hidden. This is exactly why, as I said, the split-down play crippled mafia.

If we'd killed Summoner, Frozen and OS would've been caught way faster and would've been guaranteed to instead of just likely to.

What really cost us the game is Sworddancer voting at complete random. His vote didn't make any logical sense based on the known information and the agreed-upon assumptions at the time. We had two mafia voting with green team, and I was going to go inactive and get prodded- it would have resulted in an Elimination Challenge that would've killed off a Blue player in likelyhood, evening out the teams and allowing us to kill Summoner.

Even if I got exposed as mafia for not voting, as the believed last-mafia I could've gone for a turn or two forcing the green team (behind by one player) to vote with me and get Elimination Challenges for lynches, which would only work until one team got a lead of more than one person, at which point I would be lynched; but OS and Frozenflame would be safe.

Sworddancer's flip vote for OS threw off the numbers and got him lynched, whereas otherwise he would not have been.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I had some playstyle problems too; my style is normally very aggressive scumhunting, whether I'm town or mafia, but I couldn't really do that well without my alignment looking obvious. My play on my first day was very pro-Green, but then OS failed a recruit and had to claim Green (as I was planning to do), and I had to suddenly claim Blue.

The original plan in my mind was to have OS claim Blue and me claim Green; hence why, if you read my posts, I keep talking about how Scumhunting might not be the right win condition, and Overswarm meanwhile does nothing but Scumhunt.

My most notable problem? lol. I was working temporary night shift when I started on this. Posting late at night == not good play- I talked way too much. xD

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Um, I was actually going to unvote OS for the record and trying to stall out until the ec, but I was kinda hung up on the thought that he was blue and before I got to unvoting someone already hammered him, so yeah.

I regret some actions I thought about taking but didn't, to say the least. What I did helped town but for all the wrong reasons. Meh.

Top Bottom