• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MW Hall of Fame!?

Tink

Smash Hero
i was just wondering if ppl thought we should make a hall of fame for our oldddd smash brothern? ppl like eddie, kishes, snex, aob all come to mind for the list.

just wondering if ppl would be into it 0_o?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Tink, I think the word you're looking for is brethren, lol

I'll start off the nominations

1. Darkrain

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
dope vidjo drephen eddie darkrain jiano

bigc for contributions sake

b ryan???

crashman?????

although darkrain is still active, so that means we should also include tink trail and cunning

i'd nominate damian as an outstanding member of the community

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
dope vidjo drephen eddie darkrain jiano

bigc for contributions sake

b ryan???

crashman?????

although darkrain is still active, so that means we should also include tink trail and cunning

i'd nominate damian as an outstanding member of the community
Jiano was cool and all, but I dont consider him a Midwest HOF. Same with Crashman and BRyan. That being said, all the names listed below and pretty much any cool Midwest smasher is a MIDWEST LEGEND.

HOF
Eddie
Kish Cubed
Vidjo
Dope
Darkrain (still active but moved out of the region)
Drephen

Future HOF
Tink (still active)
Kels (still active)

Honorable mentions:

Kish Squared
Kish Prime
Cunning
Trail
Jiano
JoeBushman
Sliq
BRyan
Eduardo
Matt R
Chexr
Mikey Lenetia

Future Honorable Mentions (for a list compiled at a later time):
Dart
Big D
Rat
Cosmo (Possible future HOF considering the rate/level of play in which he is currently performing.)

My list is based off of tournament success and consistency. I'm sure im missing a few people, but ill refine it as time goes on.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
This is a fine idea. I actually bumped HugS's four year old "Melee Hall of Fame" topic like a week ago and people seem interested. I'm probably going to be spearheading that project.

However just like the NFL has a hall of fame, so do the individual teams. So if the 49ers have a HoF, some of the players might also be on the NFL HoF, but some might not. The ones that are not might not have had an impact on the entire NFL, but have played an important roll in the development of that particular team.

So yeah, regional HoFs would be pretty good if done the right way.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah word, we forgot about 5150, cherokee warrior, barbecue university, and hank mccoy

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
anther doesn't really count because he ditched a good game for a ****ty one
the guy is generally cool but that's just unforgivable.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Originally, yeah. Most smashers played a game other than Brawl up until 2008.
Since it wasn't out yet.

Moooose

Smash Champion
Originally, yeah. Most smashers played a game other than Brawl up until 2008.
Since it wasn't out yet.
He played melee up until he quit smash in general, or at least stopped going to tournaments. didnt he make it into brackets at pound 3, and was the only low tier to do so? anther for prez

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
pound 3 was before brawl came out.
he was (probably still is) a well known pikachu main in Brawl so I don't know what you're talking about

Moooose

Smash Champion
pound 3 was before brawl came out.
he was (probably still is) a well known pikachu main in Brawl so I don't know what you're talking about
yes....he played melee before brawl came out and after it. he hasnt gone to a tournament in at least like 6 months. the last tournament he went to, he entered melee as well. is there anything else i need to spell out or is that clear?

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Anther > Strong Bad in every way imaginable. I'd consider throwing camper bob up as well; it'd feel weird to have him on there without mathos though.

Kishes must be on there, because the FC tournaments were legendary.

Tink

Smash Hero
ya....theres alot of ppl that def deserve to be on there....i think kishes and eddie are my forrr sures, and then alot of ppl would come after that def deserve it.

also, no old smasher can forget snex 0_0. also some nickB action. id say cheny, but hes still kinda playing.

edit: omg....i cant believe i forgot Mr Jblaze himself, marcus.....defff would be on there for me!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Nobody was saying strong bad was better....

But I absolutely agree about the Kishes being on there.

I'd have to vote for

Darkrain, Vidjo, Drephen, Eddie, Luke, Kishes, Tink, Dope, AOB...can't think of any more right now.

EDIT: For smash I really think that active players should still be candidates. It's not like a sport where you are forced to retire at some point in time because you're not of a professional level anymore.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
anther doesn't really count because he ditched a good game for a ****ty one
the guy is generally cool but that's just unforgivable.
Why doesn't he count? Dope ditched Melee for Brawl, too, but that doesn't take away from his pre-2008 Melee credentials.

Anther got 25th out of 224 at Pound 3. The same tournament where people like Hax, Jman, G-reg, Teczero, Kage, and Tope didn't make brackets. Where people like Wife, Husband, Jiano, and Watty got dead last in their 3rd round pools.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Why doesn't he count? Dope ditched Melee for Brawl, too, but that doesn't take away from his pre-2008 Melee credentials.

Anther got 25th out of 224 at Pound 3. The same tournament where people like Hax, Jman, G-reg, Teczero, Kage, and Tope didn't make brackets. Where people like Wife, Husband, Jiano, and Watty got dead last in their 3rd round pools.
solid *** performance, but still not HOF worthy. The dude never did well on a consistent basis in the Midwest. I don't even have myself or cunning in the HOF so i mean... how the **** is anther gonna be in my list.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
theres a few names that come to mind that havent been mentioned yet, but they're from mn so who knows...

teflon -mutha***n- climbers
& superdoodlemangz

also wasn't tapion a pretty good old school mw?

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I shall make a separate list for the most influential Midwest Legends. (Great TOs, innovators, etc.)

Eddie
AOB
Kish Squared
Kish Prime
Darkrain
CunningKitsune
BigC
Viperboy
Damian/Zjin
Mathos
JV

Honorable Mentions:

Vro
Juggleguy
Peef
BunBun
Sveet

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
After much thought and revision this is my final HOF balet (including current players):

Darkrain
Eddie
Kish Cubed
Drephen
Dope
Vidjo
Tink
Kels

Honorable Mention:

Matt R
Trail
Cosmo (more recent phenomena, however his recent string of dominant performances warrants an honorable mention)
CunningKitsune
Jiano

The above list consistently placed well (regular top 5- top 10 appearances) in most of the major Midwest tourneys they attended during their respective peaks of performance. Emphasis placed on top 5 placings.

Top Bottom